Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2008, 06:27 PM
New Fan

thanks, i'm lina. :]

it's funny how much you see the chemistry once someone has pointed it out.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:34 AM
Elite Fan

I'll admit, I didn't really see it until it was pointed out to me either. Mostly by this thread.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

it was probably due to the antagonstic relationship they share
...it's easier to spot chemistry when a pair are romantically linked
Old 07-31-2008, 08:11 PM
Elite Fan

I don't think so. I usually go for the antagonistic relationship, even without a clear romantic link. I think it was just so ERIC/DONNA that it was hard to see past that until it was pointed out.
Old 08-02-2008, 09:52 AM
New Fan

The nice thing about antagonistic relationships is that it's often from those the most fiery and exciting encounters are born. That translates into very rowdy physical encounters and passion that's rare. Plus, it's a classic form of two people falling for one another.

The only problem with Jackie and Eric was there was never really any spark. There were tender moments that were few and far between, but it always seemed to have more of an often unseen friendship quality to it.
Old 08-02-2008, 09:19 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verk (View Post)
The nice thing about antagonistic relationships is that it's often from those the most fiery and exciting encounters are born. That translates into very rowdy physical encounters and passion that's rare. Plus, it's a classic form of two people falling for one another.
Agreed.

I think there could have been spark though. There was just really very little chance for it to come up, especially since Eric/Donna was very in your face a lot of the time.
Old 08-09-2008, 07:27 PM
New Fan

It's true, Eric/Donna was forcefully put in front of the camera, but the show was mainly about Eric, and his more mature relationship with Donna drew in more mature viewers. At least it did with me. I never had an issue with Donna and Eric, in fact I always rooted for them, but it got stale.

Oh, and on a sideline, I was watching season one the other day and I'm curious if any of these forbidden shipper threads were ever entitled, "Because she must not weigh that much."

For some reason Eric saying that to everyone when Fez was dancing with Jackie at the disco has stuck in my head.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Jackie&Eric. I posted in a Forbidden thread a while back and then completely forgot about it. Maybe it was because I stopped watching T7S.

They've been airing S8 epis on ABC Family and I keep wondering when Eric's gonna come back for Jackie when I realized that that doesn't happen on the show, it's happens in fics. I have my own little version of S8 in my head.

Really it's a shame that J/E wasn't given a chance. Out of all the couples on there they had the best shot at actually being a great, healthy couple that could've gotten married. In my opinion.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:15 AM
Elite Fan

We all have our own versions of S8 in our head.

I would have liked to have even a little glimpse at J/E.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:23 AM
Master Fan

Every thread is season 8 bashing. grrr I can't stand it!
Old 08-14-2008, 05:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny_Dancer (View Post)
We all have our own versions of S8 in our head.

I would have liked to have even a little glimpse at J/E.
Oh yes, it would have been heaven.

I don't mean to come off as if I'm bashing S8, if it comes off that way. I haven't watched much of it, but I wasn't very fond of what I did.
Old 08-14-2008, 06:38 PM
Master Fan

Season 8 was the worse season but it gets so annoying seeing posts about hating season 8. It's like that's all people talk about.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:04 PM
Elite Fan

People are entitled to their opinion Brandon. It just so happens that the majority of fans weren't happy with the last season. No one is bashing the actors or characters so it's really okay.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:13 PM
.A.
Part-Time Fan

Can i be added i thought Eric and Jackie were really cute i love the eppy where they go wedding shopping they would hve made a cute couple i think they could have lasten a while
Old 08-29-2008, 12:45 AM
Elite Fan

Added you.