Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2012, 09:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by placebobsh (View Post)
I've always not liked this show but my wife, msstock87, watches it religiously so I sat in for the end of Season 4 and now tonight we started season 5 together. We just ran through the first disc and are on the second now! I love this show so much.
That's great that you two watch the show together.

Last edited by heyitsrachel; 11-28-2012 at 09:29 PM
Old 11-28-2012, 10:28 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by placebobsh (View Post)
I've always not liked this show but my wife, msstock87, watches it religiously so I sat in for the end of Season 4 and now tonight we started season 5 together. We just ran through the first disc and are on the second now! I love this show so much.
Awww that's great! I love hearing stories about family/partners who watch this show together Welcome here, btw

I started rewatching S4 last week so my S5 rewatch is around the corner
Old 11-28-2012, 09:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet's Walk (View Post)
Are you rewatching all 10 seasons? If you are, take some advice from someone who's done it before....it's much easier said than done. I did it in around 2 weeks and towards the S6, I started to really regret it.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:46 PM
Elite Fan

Well jesus, you're not supposed to necessarily re-watch everything in 2 weeks! Space it out a little and it's not such a labor of love.

It's been so long since Caro's seen S5 that I kinda feel like I should re-watch as a show of solidarity, lol.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

Quote:
Awww that's great! I love hearing stories about family/partners who watch this show together Welcome here, btw

Oh yeah, well she always watched it just mostly as background to do stuff like post on here and work....so it's always on a cycle. I just decided to sit in one day as I didn't feel like doing what I do (watch "boy" movies like Goodfellas or play Xbox) and it was the end of season 4 and I loved it. The only thing that I ask is that she allows me to make fun of people when we see shoulder pads or bad hair I'm totally addicted now. Thanks for the welcome!
Old 11-29-2012, 12:35 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
The only thing that I ask is that she allows me to make fun of people when we see shoulder pads or bad hair
Aahaa - Jackie Taylor, you're not safe, lol. Who else wears shoulder pads?
Old 11-29-2012, 12:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

I have spotted random shoulder pads once in awhile.
I am an original”
Old 11-29-2012, 10:53 AM
Master Fan

Rachel, no, I don't plan on watching all 10 seasons I don't like going further than S7, tbh

Quote:
Originally Posted by playgroundDiaries (View Post)
It's been so long since Caro's seen S5 that I kinda feel like I should re-watch as a show of solidarity, lol.
Yes, do so, please! It will be fun

Quote:
Who else wears shoulder pads?
Brenda
Old 11-29-2012, 08:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Rachel, no, I don't plan on watching all 10 seasons I don't like going further than S7, tbh
Good idea.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:29 AM
Obsessed Fan

I initially hated this season so much, but it's now one of my faves. Taking out anything having to do with BKD's relationships with one another (except any BD not pertaining to Kelly), Jim/Cindy including their wanting another baby story, and maybe Jesse, I think I love everything about it.

I even came to enjoy Ray and his trashy mother, lol. I just didn't need him in s6 or at least to stick around as long as he did that season. I liked the fights with Steve but besides that, his character became a snoozer for me. Also, the writers waited way too long for the abuse/Valerie reveal. By the time everything came out into the open, the gang's reaction was very underwhelming.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:48 AM
Part-Time Fan

I must say that when I first started watching season 5, I didnt enjoy it. I thought it was boring and I kinda missed seeing Brenda around and how her dynamics affected the group. But it definitely grew on me. Its not my favourite season but it is definitely not the worst one either.

Although I missed Brenda in the beginning, I think that Valerie definitely filled up that void and added even more drama and spice than Brenda ever could. I think Tiffani Thiessen did a BRILLIANT job with Val in all the seasons that Val was in the series and really made her one of those characters that you love-to-hate. She made it easy to hate her but at the same time made me feel so much sympathy for her too. I never really felt that with any of the other characters and I put that down to Thiessens' awesome acting skills!!!

Kelly was one of my favourite, if not my favourite character in the first 4 seasons, but I really didnt like her in season 5. She seemed extra judgemental and bitchy to everyone who was not part of the original group. She was the "saint" that could do no wrong and it bugged me in this season because it made me feel like she thought she could "do no wrong". Maybe it was because she was with "Mr Goody-two-shoes Brandon" which made her "Saint Kelly". Dont get me wrong, I love Brandon, but Brandon and Kelly together was just too boring and "safe". I much preferred Brandon with other girlfriends like Susan or Tracy in the later seasons.

I hated the Donna/Ray relationship so much. He was always so moody and I have no idea what Donna saw in him in the first place. And then when he started hitting her, I just thought, "oh COME ON DONNA!!! Dump him already!!!"

Clare/David was an ok pairing for me but i definitely preferred Clare/Steve together.
Dylan this season was ALL OVER THE PLACE! And I HATED the past-life storyline. It was very cheesy. But I have always been a Dylan/Kelly shipper, so I enjoyed the fact that Dylan didnt give up on Kelly and continued to fight for her.

I enjoyed the Andrea/affair storyline because it showed a different side of Andrea's character that we haven't seen before. I also thought that Andrea/Jesse was a very strange pairing - there was no chemistry there.

I think my favourite episode from the season is "Unreal World". This was just a very fun episode and it brought a lighter side to the season. Also a lot of secrets and true feelings came out.

All in all, season 5 was a pretty good season
Old 02-03-2013, 08:21 AM
Master Fan

ITA, It's hard not to be so hard on season 5 because of the void of Brenda. But Tiff as Val was excellent!

I remember being immediately intrigued by her characters. She brought a lot of spice to the show. I was also so used to her in the sitcom format that it was great to see her in a such a dramatic role. She has great dramatic chops! I thought Val was hilarious- trying to be the sweet angelic character and then being the lying funny character later. She was a fun addition to the Walsh household.

Kelly is such a fun character- I wonder why they gave her such ridiculous storylines. The housefire? What was the point of that? Why oh why did they have Kelly join a cult? This is serious shark jumping territory. To me, it was the writers saying- we don't take this show that seriously anymore!

Donna and Ray were terrible. But I do think it was brave to show an abusive relationship on television. One of my qualms with season 4 was that the gang didn't meet any new people! How realistic is that in college?

I always like Claire- I agree she was better with Steve.

I never liked Andrea and Jesse, so her storyline was interesting. And poor Dylan was just on a downward spiral.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:45 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby_Slippers (View Post)
One of my qualms with season 4 was that the gang didn't meet any new people! How realistic is that in college?
Oh my word, YES!!!! Now that you mentioned it, I agree! How come they never made any other close friends in season 4?? Especially the girls who joined the alpha house It did seem a little unrealistic that they all remained friends
Old 02-12-2013, 03:38 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
One of my qualms with season 4 was that the gang didn't meet any new people! How realistic is that in college?
There was...D'Shawn, lol. But they had him vanish after early s5. Anyways, you know the writers had it like that on purpose to make sure the group would stay intact and as confined as they were.

Last edited by loveslullaby; 02-12-2013 at 10:02 PM
Old 02-12-2013, 08:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I always felt that way was always the same for them...even in high school. Remember that video they showed at the Senior breakfast? Pretty much all the skits except for when they announced the football team was about them. I know it's ok for a TV show but I would be really mad if this was at a real high school. I remember I was barely ever shown on every year's Video Yearbook.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread