Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2011, 09:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by playgroundDiaries (View Post)
Dylan had just gotten out of a relationship with her and not only expected Kelly to be single after the summer, but that he could drive on over and get back together with her any time
I totally agree. I think the BK relationship was totally unexpected for Dylan even after their weekend together in 4x22. Since Brenda was coming back, I think Dylan was just set on missing Kelly and trying to get her back. I always wonder what if Steve/Kelly were together instead of Brandon/Kelly. It might've made Dylan appreciate his relationships more.

Quote:
You mean, you wonder if Dylan was purposely destroying himself with drugs (and nearly dying, with driving off the cliff being an accident of course) to show the gang (or just Kelly) how far his downward spiral can go, having lost Kelly?
That's exactly what I meant.

Quote:
I don't think Dylan was using Valerie to get back at Kelly at all. I think he was using her to escape himself.
I see it as an indirect effect to hurting Kelly. Hurting Kelly was just a bonus for Valerie.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:32 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
wonder what if Steve/Kelly were together instead of Brandon/Kelly. It might've made Dylan appreciate his relationships more.
I think that would have just amused him. He'd expect that to end soon enough, and in the meantime I think he would find it within Steve's right to pursue her, even if out of left field at that point. Remember when Brandon suggests to Dylan that Steve's jealous of Dy ("After all, you are going out with his ex") in S3, and Dylan's like *pause* "You've GOT to be kidding me." LOL, kinda like that, except he'd be in a stupor of drugs and alcohol.

Quote:
Hurting Kelly was just a bonus for Valerie.
Oh sure. So many strings in all this. Funny that she never thought or cared about it hurting her oldest friend, Brenda, lol. We don't even talk about that in the fandom, but it's pretty messed up. I guess the Walshes had already been rendered "avocado heads" to her years ago.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Remember when Brandon suggests to Dylan that Steve's jealous of Dy ("After all, you are going out with his ex") in S3, and Dylan's like *pause* "You've GOT to be kidding me." LOL, kinda like that, except he'd be in a stupor of drugs and alcohol.
So true.

Quote:
Oh sure. So many strings in all this. Funny that she never thought or cared about it hurting her oldest friend, Brenda, lol. We don't even talk about that in the fandom, but it's pretty messed up. I guess the Walshes had already been rendered "avocado heads" to her years ago.
It would be funny since Brenda wasn't coming back, she sent Valerie there to cause hell. Kinda like a Terminator-type story.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:55 PM
Elite Fan

Now there's an angle! I can dig it. Although, as it is, I consider absent Brenda to be far more loyal to the original gang.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Now there's an angle! I can dig it. Although, as it is, I consider absent Brenda to be far more loyal to the original gang.
In this story, Brenda wants to use Val to send a clear message to everyone, "I'll Be Back!"
Old 07-13-2011, 12:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

season 5 overall is a good season. We have the Brandon and Kelly romance, Dylan and Valerie, and David and Clare. The introduction of Ray and Andrea's failing marriage. Val sleeping with everyone's boyfriend, Emily and Brandon kiss when she visits, dylan and his drinking, professor finley and the cult, and Kelly choosing between Brandon and Dylan. and Kelly getting burnt in the fire. Andrea is also planning on leaving Jesse for Peter. This is how I would sum up the season.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Nice summary. This would be my second favorite season after S7. But sometimes I would put S5 ahead.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Andrea leaving too. First, Brenda Season 4, then Andrea.
Old 07-16-2011, 11:14 AM
Elite Fan

S5 is forever my third favorite season (behind S3 and S4, and sometimes S1 bumps it to four), but believe me, that's still high, high regard.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 07-16-2011, 10:35 PM
Elite Fan

Hey, they're totally moving Andrea every which way, lol.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Hey, they're totally moving Andrea every which way, lol.
And I guess they just decided to dismiss Jesse altogether.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 11-27-2012, 12:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

I've always not liked this show but my wife, msstock87, watches it religiously so I sat in for the end of Season 4 and now tonight we started season 5 together. We just ran through the first disc and are on the second now! I love this show so much.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:18 AM
Elite Fan

Wow, nice to meet you and congrats on your future addiction!

You'll probably want to go back and watch S1-S4.