Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2013, 07:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, I think it was. I think they're slowing killing the hopes of BK by creating disagreements about the rings, vows, etc; none of which I agree with.

But I do think that in their last scene together when they reunited that couple together, I thought that was really nice.
Old 09-21-2013, 08:08 PM
Obsessed Fan

I can't remember my reaction to the aborted wedding, but I was probably stunned.

This gets me thinking...

What if Jason had changed his mind after the episode was already filmed, and decided to stay with the show?

What if the producers wanted B/K to get married after all?

What if they used some clever editing to do this, like cutting out the part where they meet in private, then cutting to a commercial, and showing them dancing and smiling after the commercial?
Old 09-21-2013, 08:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Good questions, James!

What if Jason had changed his mind after the episode was already filmed, and decided to stay with the show? - I think BK would've still been broken up. I don't think they want to rewrite the entire SL. But I think they would've rewritten Brandon's supposedly last episode and have him decide to stay.

What if the producers wanted B/K to get married after all? - I think deep down they really did want them to get married. I remember there were some media questions asked to the writers and producers in S9 and S10 about the potential alternate ending of having BK married. And at least one of the writers said that they've most likely been married if Jason hadn't left.

What if they used some clever editing to do this, like cutting out the part where they meet in private, then cutting to a commercial, and showing them dancing and smiling after the commercial? - That's clever but unless that was approved by Aaron Spelling, I think that would've the last episode those producers ever produce. I think Aaron would've fired them for manipulating the tape.
Old 09-21-2013, 08:49 PM
Obsessed Fan

If they'd edited things to create a B/K marriage, I imagine we would've seen this as the episode faded in from a commercial.

My reaction probably would've been, "What? We don't get to see them say 'I do?' "

Then I would've just been happy that they were finally married.
Old 09-21-2013, 08:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Totally! Then we also would've seen Muntz dancing and Noah dancing with Jackie (or something like that that was said in the beginning of S9).
Old 09-22-2013, 05:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

I would hope, that if Jason had decided to stay that they would have gone ahead with the wedding. I felt that when they started arguing about the vows, and the rings that they were just writing that to create conflict, it felt out of place to me.
I am an original”
Old 09-22-2013, 07:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I would've been ok with they had gotten married but I didn't like the wedding preparations. Their disagreements were just a little too much to take for me.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:32 PM
Obsessed Fan

I think the bottom line here is that the writers simply needed a way to write Brandon out.

I'm sorry for even bringing this up, but they couldn't kill the character, and they certainly couldn't recast him. Fans would've hated either of those decisions.

So, they came up with the aborted wedding story line.

Part of it makes sense, and part of it doesn't. I believe that an aborted wedding would probably split Brandon and Kelly up. I just don't believe that they would've ever aborted their wedding in the first place.

People who share that kind of love, friendship, and chemistry tend to act on it by getting married.

Last edited by James26; 09-22-2013 at 10:26 PM
Old 09-22-2013, 09:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree, the aborted wedding is a good idea to write a character out of a series, however I don't believe Brandon and Kelly would have actually done that. The build up we were given with them, it just didn't make sense.
I am an original”
Old 03-14-2015, 06:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

a lot of pointless newbies came this season and I was sad to see the end of B/K.
Old 03-14-2015, 06:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Totally. Aside from the first few episodes of the Season, I didn't like it.
Old 03-14-2015, 11:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

I liked some of the newbies.
I am an original”
Old 03-20-2015, 08:12 PM
Obsessed Fan

I wouldn't have minded Noah so much if they wrote him off after he dumped Valerie or at least stayed until Carly left. Her last ep could've had a double exit and Noah/Donna would've been cut short.
Old 03-20-2015, 09:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I could've gone either way with Noah. He had good times and bad times. I remember seeing the first two episodes and I thought it was pretty weird that he decided to just move to L.A. just knowing this group for a few days.
Old 03-21-2015, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Noah was one of the new characters I didn't mind as much, although he seemed kind of a filler for Dylan at times.
I am an original”
Closed Thread   Post New Thread