Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2013, 09:18 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyitsrachel (View Post)
I never heard of that movie...but it sounds interesting. I dunno why but the girl looks like she could be a mermaid. The guy reminds me of Zac Efron.
I'm a big fan of it right now, especially since I just found some fanfics. Can't wait to do some reading and re-watching once I get the time this week. This gets me thinking that it would've been fun to see Brandon and Kelly stuck on an island for a while. And it probably would've been really fun to see that with Brandon and Nikki early on in their relationship.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^

Quote:
TDW: Sticking with the old show for another minute–so you never kept up with it after you left?
Mollin: I never watched after the start of the new season, the Hawaii episode [Episode 8.01-2, Aloha Beverly Hills]. I saw that and went, “Nope, that’s it for me. They don’t know what the ***** they’re doing.”
TDW: That is just so interesting to me. Chuck told me the same thing, that he didn’t keep up with the show after he left.
Mollin: No, he didn’t. We’re all built with schadenfreude. You want it to do poorly after you leave. Everyone feels the same way. But I didn’t realize it was going to be that poor. I just got pissed off because they weren’t being respectful. I just stopped watching.
TDW: I’m sure you know about the series finale, though.
Mollin: I don’t know much.
Old 06-14-2013, 07:11 PM
Elite Fan

Is that where the dialogue ends? Does TDW tell him how the story ends? Oh Larry, lol. But I understand.

Quote:
This gets me thinking that it would've been fun to see Brandon and Kelly stuck on an island for a while.
You are just a world of 'what ifs', aren't you? Well, yes, I definitely would have watched that. Especially in S8, lol. That island could have been Hawaii.
Old 06-14-2013, 09:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ The topic does end there. The interviewer changes the topic to David and Donna getting married.

I think it would've been romantic to see Brandon and Kelly stayed on an island....but definitely not stranded though.
Old 06-15-2013, 09:06 PM
Obsessed Fan

What I like about Season 8 is that we got to see Kelly and Brandon living together in the Walsh house -- though I kind of wish it had been just them. People always wanted to see Brenda's reaction to B/K (even though we got to hear it a couple times), and I really wish that Shannen had guest-starred in S8.

If I had to pick two characters who were "Most Likely To Succeed When Trapped On An Island," I'd pick Brandon and Kelly. Actually, I wouldn't be too surprised if Kelly was the one who took charge and wore the pants during that situation.

I think it would've been nice to see them actually stranded for a few days or so. The sense of companionship and romance would be heightened.
Old 06-15-2013, 11:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I totally agree. In S8, the first part of Brandon and Kelly living together was great. It was great to see them reacting to Kelly recovering after getting shot. I love how difficult it was for Brandon; which only shows how much he loves her. But I think it just went downhill after 8x08. Fights and arguments are expected in any couple but I really had a problem with the writers having Brandon cheat on Kelly with Emma. To me, Emma had nothing but evil intentions. I don't blame Emma for having feelings for Brandon. But to try to ruin BK's relationship with all her deceit and evil ways is just wrong. And Brandon found that tempting and attractive? C'mon, writers! If Emma was just a girl who had feelings for Brandon while working together and tried to not let her feelings get to the point that she was gonna ruin things for BK, then I would've probably accepted it. But Emma wanted to ruin it; just for fun.

I too agree that BK should be chosen most likely to succeed as of S8; both professionally and personally together.

If they were stranded on a desert island, I think they would make that island, Fantasy Island.
Old 06-16-2013, 12:33 AM
Obsessed Fan

I thought there were several things about Brandon and B/K that simply weren't believable in S8 -- and S9.

Toward the middle of Blue Lagoon, it becomes apparent that the couple might stay on the island forever, and part of me was actually rooting for this to happen. That reminds me of something that Cindy once said: For her, being home meant being with Jim.

I'm pretty sure the same was true of Brandon and Kelly. Given how much those two loved each other, I don't think their relationship would've taken the path that it did at certain points. In any case, it was fun seeing them live together.
Old 06-16-2013, 07:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I agree. While I think so many things went wrong in S8, S9 up until Brandon left was ok. I wished that BK could've spent more time being together though. But I can see that before Brandon got the job offer, I think they both could assume that somewhere down the line, they would be back together again...and that breaking up after the wedding was only temporary. I think that's why Brandon was so hesitant of leaving. By leaving, that would really mean that BK are really over.
Old 06-16-2013, 09:03 PM
Obsessed Fan

It's hard for me to get inside the characters' heads and make sense of what happens during the wedding story line, because I know it's really being driven by the real-life events going on with Jason. I'm pretty sure that might have been the case with the cheating in S8 as well. I'd heard that Jason and the producers wanted to experiment with a "darker side" of Brandon, or whatever. In any case, it remains one of the biggest mistakes they made IMO.

And, yeah, it would've been nice to see B/K living together much longer. Probably could've happened a lot sooner than S8.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by James26 (View Post)
I'd heard that Jason and the producers wanted to experiment with a "darker side" of Brandon, or whatever. In any case, it remains one of the biggest mistakes they made IMO.
That's so wrong. But considering how much Jason wanted to break away from being best known as Brandon, it may be true. Ugh.
Old 07-07-2013, 02:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyitsrachel (View Post)
Anybody have any favorite episodes or scenes from S8?
Yes. I laughed so hard about the scene in Comic Relief where Valerie was shaking her bed to fake sex with David and she convinced him to join her that was so hilarious
And of course Steves comedy act in the episode that man is a great comedian
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 07-08-2013, 04:44 PM
Elite Fan

^ Really makes you reflect on David's character + sex situations throughout the years, lol.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:15 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by playgroundDiaries (View Post)
The Beverly Beat and the Health Clinic were obviously used so that the show could deal with "social issues" again, depending on who walked through those doors.
Good point.

So, I was in the mood for a '90s-style 90210 night session, and I'm actually watching the penultimate episode of S8 now. Pretty fun. I'm also watching an episode of Models Inc. I can't recall if that was ever on back-to-back with this show.

I think that Brian and Ian became very good actors in the later seasons. They sort of developed this mastery of their characters. Same with Jason.
Old 09-21-2013, 10:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

penultimate episode? I'm sorry; I'm confused. Was that the last episode of the season?
Old 09-21-2013, 05:24 PM
Obsessed Fan

It was "The Fundamental Things Apply." Brandon and Kelly were preparing for the wedding. Like I said, it was pretty fun to watch, but I still figure that the wedding story was mainly used to write Brandon out (since Jason was leaving).
Closed Thread   Post New Thread