Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2019, 08:14 AM
Dedicated Fan

Do you guys considered the Real McCoy one of the worst episode beside the Christmas stars episode in S3 ?
I have seen many putting thus as one if the worst of the serie and some find it great because they think Perry acting was Emmy worthy. Which I stated before I never found Luke Perry's acting in 90210 great. I always ended up laughing at his scenes, especially the dramatic ones.
Old 12-02-2019, 08:19 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulan (View Post)
Oh yeah. She cheated on Noah with the guy called Wayne or something, in S9 or S10. She cheated big time. I mean she slept with the guy, it was not just a kiss, which is already counted as cheating on this show

I never pay attention to those seasons and when I rewatch I only rewatch s1-4 most of the times.
Old 12-02-2019, 08:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Do you guys considered the Real McCoy one of the worst episode beside the Christmas stars episode in S3 ?
Absolutely. But the competition for the worst episode is strong in S5. Remember Squash It? Brrrr.

Quote:
and some find it great because they think Perry acting was Emmy worthy. Which I stated before I never found Luke Perry's acting in 90210 great. I always ended up laughing at his scenes, especially the dramatic ones.
What?! I have never seen anyone stating anything about that episode was great. Even Kelly/Dylan fans seem embarrassed about it, and it was absolutely pro-Kelly/Dylan.

Brenda stands alone. Because she can.
Icon by oth. fan
Old 12-02-2019, 08:33 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Absolutely. But the competition for the worst episode is strong in S5. Remember Squash It? Brrrr.

What?! I have never seen anyone stating anything about that episode was great. Even Kelly/Dylan fans seem embarrassed about it, and it was absolutely pro-Kelly/Dylan.

I remember somebody recommend it because of Perry’s acting or was it the Dreams of Dylan Mc. Kay ? Well, it was an Dylan Center episode.
Old 12-03-2019, 01:57 PM
Master Fan

That Real McCoy episode was just embarrassing
Old 12-04-2019, 03:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Icon by oth. fan
Old 12-05-2019, 02:23 PM
Master Fan

Xmas episode
Old 12-07-2019, 03:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silenteyes (View Post)
Thank you for naming my exact two least favorite episodes of the first 5 seasons

They both suck and both jump the shark entirely by bringing the show out of reality and into some dumb fantasy arc. The voiceovers in 'It's A Wonderful Life' ep were AWFUL (as was the forced storylines) and I hate how Dylan and Kelly are brought back together through some dumb attempt to link it to Dylan's imagination of past life

Quote:
I have seen many putting thus as one if the worst of the serie and some find it great because they think Perry acting was Emmy worthy. Which I stated before I never found Luke Perry's acting in 90210 great. I always ended up laughing at his scenes, especially the dramatic ones.
Everything about that episode sucked, in my view. Everything. It stopped trying to be a show about friends staying friends after High School and just became another dumb soap opera.

It's funny that Jason Priestley directed it - I bet he was just laughing behind his hand the entire time when he was directing Luke in those western scenes

And I hate the final scene because Dylan and Kelly basically become the worst versions of themselves all over again -- cheating on their best friend / boyfriend.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 12-07-2019, 07:33 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Clear (View Post)
Thank you for naming my exact two least favorite episodes of the first 5 seasons

They both suck and both jump the shark entirely by bringing the show out of reality and into some dumb fantasy arc. The voiceovers in 'It's A Wonderful Life' ep were AWFUL (as was the forced storylines) and I hate how Dylan and Kelly are brought back together through some dumb attempt to link it to Dylan's imagination of past life

Everything about that episode sucked, in my view. Everything. It stopped trying to be a show about friends staying friends after High School and just became another dumb soap opera.

It's funny that Jason Priestley directed it - I bet he was just laughing behind his hand the entire time when he was directing Luke in those western scenes
Hahahaha! Luke surely enjoyed it because he likes those western themes. Don’t know if he liked the outcome.
I forgot Jason directed it. He always direct those special episodes.
Old 12-09-2019, 08:44 AM
Master Fan

Real McCoy was a terrible episode
Old 12-11-2019, 09:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I forgot Jason directed it. He always direct those special episodes.
Yeah... I wonder if the producers were like, ok, now we're gonna have this episode filler, let the male lead direct it. I wonder how seriously everyone was taking it. I don't think Jason is a bad director, it is just like... this was done as his caprice or something.

They probably had fun with the costumes and guest stars though.

Real McKay is not even fun though. Not for the audience

Icon by oth. fan
Old 12-11-2019, 10:39 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Yeah... I wonder if the producers were like, ok, now we're gonna have this episode filler, let the male lead direct it. I wonder how seriously everyone was taking it. I don't think Jason is a bad director, it is just like... this was done as his caprice or something.

If I am not wrong it was because he liked what happens behind scenes etc. obviously he was in good grace of the producers so they gave him the opportunity. I don’t think the cast was against it.
I think is after season 5 they gave him more freedom.
He isn’t good nor bad, but it’s not like he ever gave an impactful episode and it was 90210 it wasn’t a serie that people watch for the acting and good storylines. 😂
Who else have directed episodes in 90210 ? I know Garth directed in season 10
Old 12-12-2019, 06:10 AM
Master Fan

Jason enjoys directing and doing all the behind-the-scenes stuff
Old 12-13-2019, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:

I saw that episode as an excuse for the writers to take a break from giving any realistic story-arcs involving the core group. I'm wondering if Luke requested this ep just for fun (knowing he was leaving the show soon), because it's so out of the blue and doesn't have much of a point at all. It completely lacks the normal tone of the show, and not in a cool/unique way.

Quote:
It ruined Dylan/Kelly even more for me. I never liked the relationship during high school, but it was even worse at this point, because Kelly reciprocating that kiss made a complete mockery of her relationship with Brandon.

We were supposed to be long past the point where Kelly treated Dylan like her most special guy and someone who she would sneak around with. This episode ruined any growth that Kelly had.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 12-16-2019, 05:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Icon by oth. fan
Closed Thread   Post New Thread