Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2019, 06:15 AM
Master Fan

Kelly did dress like a granny half of the time this season but in a few episodes she dressed Ok
Old 11-26-2019, 02:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

A crucial trigger for Kelly's S5 introspection (here she actually has a cute, girly outfit. Alison too.)

Brenda stands alone. Because she can.
Icon by oth. fan

Last edited by yulan; 11-26-2019 at 03:02 AM
Old 11-26-2019, 10:56 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HipHopKingMike (View Post)
Kelly did dress like a granny half of the time this season but in a few episodes she dressed Ok
I think she started dressing like that after the fire incident, also it didn't help she cut her hair (biggest mistake ever).

Also, there was shift in style changes for Kelly, Brenda and Donna in S4, they all wore those flowery dresses.
Old 11-26-2019, 02:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I think she started dressing like that after the fire incident, also it didn't help she cut her hair (biggest mistake ever).
Right, it became worse after the fire, but her clothing became less attractive from the start of S5, I think. I have in mind the scenes when she visits Dylan in the hospital and when she tells Steve about Val/Dylan. Not granny like maybe, but not good either.

Quote:
Also, there was shift in style changes for Kelly, Brenda and Donna in S4, they all wore those flowery dresses.
Yup, we said that. And that really a girly fashion of the time.

Here's a very pretty S5 portrait of Andrea, Jesse and Hannah:

Icon by oth. fan
Old 11-28-2019, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Aww Hannah and Andrea/Jesse in a rare hopeful time (only because they're going away )

To add to the discussion of Kelly's season 5 style, I didn't have much of a problem with it because it was pretty clear to me from season 4 onward that Jennie was trying to mature Kelly through her look by wearing older adult styles. Plus when the whole arc with Finley kicked in, it went even further to establish that Kelly wasn't feeling herself after the fire and the whole brainwashing concept was definitely felt in how she appeared.

Esma I know you think she looked strange all season but I actually liked how she looked pre-Finley times.

Look back at season 4 and she already looked older, wearing more cardigans and floral dresses.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 11-29-2019, 04:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
To add to the discussion of Kelly's season 5 style, I didn't have much of a problem with it because it was pretty clear to me from season 4 onward that Jennie was trying to mature Kelly through her look by wearing older adult styles.
You think it was Jennie's idea? IDK, I think the wardrobe people had the main word in it. I mean, Jennie sure as hell wanted Kelly to be a good serious girl at that point, but I guess clothes signifying her overall transition into an absolute female lead, a god girl, and female Brandon, were chosen by the authorities, so to speak

Quote:
Look back at season 4 and she already looked older, wearing more cardigans and floral dresses.
Well I have already commented on the floral dresses - all the girls were wearing them in S4, mainly in combination with the Dr. Martens, and it did not make them look older. That was a teen/college girl fashion at the time, not the sign of maturing. Cardigans maybe, IDK, although that also did not seem to me as more adult clothing. But the floral dresses as the sign of more mature dressing than the peers, no.

Hilary Clinton suits that Kelly sported in S5-6? Now that was the older look.

Icon by oth. fan

Last edited by yulan; 11-29-2019 at 08:28 AM
Old 12-01-2019, 02:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulan (View Post)
You think it was Jennie's idea? IDK, I think the wardrobe people had the main word in it. I mean, Jennie sure as hell wanted Kelly to be a good serious girl at that point, but I guess clothes signifying her overall transition into an absolute female lead, a god girl, and female Brandon, were chosen by the authorities, so to speak
I just always had the impression that soap stars had some of the say in their wardrobes. At least, that's what it's like, now. Actors sometimes say that the longer they play a character, the more responsibility they take and the more input they have on wardrobe/dialogue choices.

That's just my guess, though. I do also agree with you that there is still a costume department there to do their job.

But if Jennie felt that it was out of character for Kelly to wear these things or look a certain way, I do think she would have stepped in and said something in protest.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 12-01-2019, 03:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

I don’t think she had too much to say because her and Tori were mad at the wardrobe department by Dressing Tiffany in much better outfits.

Sometimes the writers say what the actor should be wearing. For example Charles Rosin made them wear Shannen in baggy clothes after she got her boob job.

Maybe by season 6 she had much to say I doubt by season 5.
Old 12-01-2019, 03:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silenteyes (View Post)
Sometimes the writers say what the actor should be wearing. For example Charles Rosin made them wear Shannen in baggy clothes after she got her boob job.
Oh boy I didn't know writers could be that interfering.

And I just remembered that fight the girls still talk about to this day over the red dress. Season 3 days, when the cast was becoming more divided.

Back to season 5 storylines - remember the intervention episode? I think it was Andrea's first scene with the whole gang since before she had the baby. (Not counting Josh's funeral.)

Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 12-01-2019, 03:41 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulan (View Post)
Of course.

I don't see why the boys would not be blamed though. They both messed with their best friend's girlfriend. In addition, Brandon did cheat with Emily before Kelly cheated with Dylan. Etc. etc.

What I find interesting is that people tend to comment a lot on Kelly cheating with Dylan on Brandon. But first she cheated on Dylan with Brandon. That is somehow never commented as much as S5 reversion.
Most K/D fans like to pretend that she never cheated on Dylan ( John Sears Brandon) but only cheated with Dylan.
I think it is because of the whole season 10 thing were they said that they always cheat on their partners with each other that is why they are meant to be.
Old 12-01-2019, 04:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It seems like almost everyone on the show has cheated and has been cheated.

Quote:
Back to season 5 storylines - remember the intervention episode? I think it was Andrea's first scene with the whole gang since before she had the baby. (Not counting Josh's funeral.)

I think so. I was thinking of when Donna was opening up birthday gifts but Dylan wasn't there.
Old 12-02-2019, 02:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I actually could buy Tori having some saying in her wardrobe, and everything else, because of her dad. I thought she wanted Donna to be dressed super revealing, as she was from S5 onwards, and keep up the virginal image.

That was indeed Andrea's first scene with the whole gang since she had a baby.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 12-02-2019, 05:45 AM
Master Fan

Practically everyone cheated on this show, including Andrea
Old 12-02-2019, 08:01 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HipHopKingMike (View Post)
Practically everyone cheated on this show, including Andrea
Donna cheated ? Seeng that she was the goody two shoes.
Old 12-02-2019, 08:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Donna cheated ? Seeng that she was the goody two shoes.
Oh yeah. She cheated on Noah with the guy called Wayne or something, in S9 or S10. She cheated big time. I mean she slept with the guy, it was not just a kiss, which is already counted as cheating on this show

Icon by oth. fan
Closed Thread   Post New Thread