Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2019, 03:31 PM
Dedicated Fan

I just re-watched Leading from the heart recently and I had forgotten what a great episode this was. I was really really impressed with Jason's acting in the scene where Brandon is saying he feels responsible for Bobby's accident. It really moved me, I can't remember him tearing up quite like that in any other scene (although my memory is probably just failing me, so someone please remind me if they can think of another? )

Also the previous episode Necessity is a Mother, Luke/Dylan's scene with Iris when she says she is leaving and he starts tearing up....man these guys are really affecting me, I was so sucked in.

I'm trying to rewatch all of season 2 in order and I'm really enjoying it!
Old 03-21-2019, 04:47 PM
Part-Time Fan

Season 2 is definitely my favorite. Clearly, I'm a B&D shipper so that helps hahaha! But, for me, season 2 was just pure high school hijinks and I'm a sucker for high school drama. The gang started to become a real gang and there wasn't too much drama yet. More than any other ship or character I just loved when the whole gang was together. I think season 3 probably had more memorable moments in the history of the show, but season 2 was just consisted as a whole to me.

One of my favorite episodes, and underrated, is "Camping Trip". It's really the first time the gang really hung out all together and just some really nice dialogue.

Go season 2!!

{Brenda&Dylan; Beverly Hills, 90210}
Old 03-22-2019, 12:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I just re-watched Leading from the heart recently and I had forgotten what a great episode this was. I was really really impressed with Jason's acting in the scene where Brandon is saying he feels responsible for Bobby's accident. It really moved me, I can't remember him tearing up quite like that in any other scene (although my memory is probably just failing me, so someone please remind me if they can think of another? )
I think that was the only time Brandon cried on the show.

Quote:
Also the previous episode Necessity is a Mother, Luke/Dylan's scene with Iris when she says she is leaving and he starts tearing up....man these guys are really affecting me, I was so sucked in.
I don't remember his tears. That means, rewatch time!

Quote:
I'm trying to rewatch all of season 2 in order and I'm really enjoying it!

Quote:
Season 2 is definitely my favorite. Clearly, I'm a B&D shipper so that helps hahaha! But, for me, season 2 was just pure high school hijinks and I'm a sucker for high school drama. The gang started to become a real gang and there wasn't too much drama yet.
It's an ultimate gang season indeed. That's why it's my fave. That's when the gang became the gang. I thought that S3 had more gang episodes, but it does not. And Camping Trip is probably the first complete gang episode.

Quote:
I think season 3 probably had more memorable moments in the history of the show, but season 2 was just consisted as a whole to me.
Well, I think in Europe S2 is definitely better remembered. It's Losing My Religion, Emily Valentine, Bonnie and Clyde, Color Me Badd, Halloween, U4EA, Mexico, Chuckie, Scott's death etc. Super memorable.

Brenda stands alone. Because she can.
Icon by oth. fan
Old 03-22-2019, 05:15 AM
Master Fan

I hate to say this but Brandon crying in Leading From The Heart kind of made me laugh - I'm sorry I know it sounds terrible of me

Before I potentially get lynched (which I don't mind ), Brandon is my fav character on the show
Old 03-22-2019, 05:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

No, you won't get lynched

I did not really like him in that scene, nor take his crying seriously, but I'm actually glad the other people found it compelling.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 03-22-2019, 07:14 AM
Master Fan

Well Brandon crying was kind of memorable to me
Old 03-22-2019, 07:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I can remember David, Steve and Dylan crying more than once, but not him.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 03-24-2019, 04:22 AM
Master Fan

Dylan cried quite a few times and yes I remember David crying too. I know a lot of guys who cry but I'm definitely not one of them.
Old 03-25-2019, 01:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Dylan cried a couple of times this season alone - Beach Blanket Brandon (I think, the hallway scene), Summer Storm, and possibly Necessity Is a Mother and Wedding Bell Blues - I am not sure.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 03-25-2019, 10:31 AM
Master Fan

Of all the guys on the show, Dylan cried the most. It needs some strong onions to make my eyes water
Old 03-25-2019, 05:17 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMT1204 (View Post)
Season 2 is definitely my favorite. Clearly, I'm a B&D shipper so that helps hahaha! But, for me, season 2 was just pure high school hijinks and I'm a sucker for high school drama. The gang started to become a real gang and there wasn't too much drama yet. More than any other ship or character I just loved when the whole gang was together. I think season 3 probably had more memorable moments in the history of the show, but season 2 was just consisted as a whole to me.

One of my favorite episodes, and underrated, is "Camping Trip". It's really the first time the gang really hung out all together and just some really nice dialogue.

Go season 2!!
I'm really enjoying season 2 again as well! So much group bonding! and it's really impressive to me how everyone got their chance to shine, a real ensemble based show. The episode with Andrea potentially getting kicked out of school and everyone gets together to help her. David's episode dealing with his grief over Scott, Steve trying to find his birth mother (love the gang saying goodbye to him at the bus station), Donna catching her mother having an affair at the Bel Age. Everyone really got their moment and I never realized when I was younger how every character had at least one episode they were the main storyline of. Really enjoyable for me as I love all 8 original characters so much.

I love the camping trip episode too! Whenever I'm introducing someone to the show I get them to watch Camping Trip and Things to do on a Rainy Day as a good intro
Old 03-27-2019, 07:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I'm really enjoying season 2 again as well! So much group bonding! and it's really impressive to me how everyone got their chance to shine, a real ensemble based show. The episode with Andrea potentially getting kicked out of school and everyone gets together to help her. David's episode dealing with his grief over Scott, Steve trying to find his birth mother (love the gang saying goodbye to him at the bus station), Donna catching her mother having an affair at the Bel Age. Everyone really got their moment and I never realized when I was younger how every character had at least one episode they were the main storyline of. Really enjoyable for me as I love all 8 original characters so much.
Yes. I liked the development of all the characters in S2, actually. Somehow, becoming a gang made them all better people too, I'd say, or made them show likable sides. And still no one was supposed to be perfect. In S3, I sort of started hating everyone I was glad that in S2 everyone got more screen time than what they used to have, but still no too much for my liking (I prefer Brenda and Dylan having more than the others, but I do not expect everyone to share my preferences, of course ) So for me, S2 was a perfect dose of everything.

Quote:
I love the camping trip episode too! Whenever I'm introducing someone to the show I get them to watch Camping Trip and Things to do on a Rainy Day as a good intro
Good choice.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 03-27-2019, 10:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by January174 (View Post)
I do rewatch the Camping Trip episode often - Things to do on a rainy day - not often. I'd like to think of Camping Trip episode like a movie. I think it was one of the long episodes.
Old 03-27-2019, 11:28 PM
Elite Fan

I had "Things to Do On A Rainy Day" pegged as a good intro episode for people as well. "Camping Trip", also great. As a child, I thought that was the finale episode for S1 because they all go back to school in the next one, lol.

Quote:
The irony of the little boy from PET SEMATARY who came back from the dead as evil, played by Miko Hughes, was also the little boy who played the younger version of Chuckie on the TV show with Samantha Sanders, is not lost on me.
Oh, that's so cool!

Quote:
He played the son of Heather Langenkamp in one of my all time favorite horror films, Wes Craven's New Nightmare. His babysitter was played by Tracy Middendorf, aka Laura Kingman from season 4.
Even better, LOL.

Quote:
I always remember this guy describing Dylan in that scene as "the worst type of alcoholic who goes bananas after just one drink"
For a long while, I was very serious about this scene. But now I find it kind of funny. A bit overblown on Dylan's part.

As was Brandon's big cry, and yeah, I don't think he ever cried like that again. Whether he cried at all again on the series? I'd check S8, when Kelly was in the hospital (glassy eyes/tearing up).

I was just thinking how easily we'd see Dylan with at least glassy eyes and the next thing I read is how he cried a couple times this season alone, lol.
Old 03-28-2019, 02:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
As was Brandon's big cry, and yeah, I don't think he ever cried like that again. Whether he cried at all again on the series? I'd check S8, when Kelly was in the hospital (glassy eyes/tearing up).
Good call about S8. It's possible he almost teared up there.

So S2 would be the only season when we saw all boys crying? I can't remember about David, but I think he did cry in The Next 50 Years.

Icon by oth. fan
Closed Thread   Post New Thread