Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2016, 08:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Very good points. I totally forgot about the Slumber Party where Andrea said she liked Brandon.
Old 05-30-2016, 07:45 AM
Master Fan

It was mentioned in Slumber Party but I sensed Kelly's little jealousy regarding Brandon and Andrea - it appeared that way to me anyway
Old 05-30-2016, 09:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm sorry to go off topic from the Slumber Party episode but I just saw something that I never knew before. As a kid, I was a big fan of the Power Rangers. Yes, I admit it. I really was. After the first 3 years, I didn't care.

But it looks like Zack, who was the original Black Ranger was on BH 90210. Here is is in 1x09 - The Gentle Art of Listening. He just walks by and has no lines. In IMDB, he's credited as "Guy in Hall."

Beverly Hills, 90210 (TV Series)
Guy in Hall
- The Gentle Art of Listening (1990) ... Guy in Hall (uncredited)

Old 05-30-2016, 02:52 PM
Master Fan

Never watched Power Rangers
Old 05-30-2016, 03:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Then you'll love this.

Old 05-30-2016, 11:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Good eye, Rachel I also never watched that show.

Brenda stands alone. Because she can.
Icon by oth. fan
Old 05-31-2016, 02:35 AM
Master Fan

LOL@Rachel..oh lordy!!
Old 05-31-2016, 09:34 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
She also seemed shocked when Kelly retold her first sexual experience, although she already heard it in Slumber Party. I wonder if they forgot about it or Andrea just emoted the same empathy because it was such a trauma for Kelly. But it seemed like Andrea never heard it before.
I think Andrea had just lost sight of it, then recalled the "Slumber Party" confession with Kelly's reference.
Quote:
You know, it is quite possible that Andrea was not aware that Brandon turned Kelly down. She arrived to Spring Dance too late to see anything, and if no one had told her about Kelly making a move on Brandon, she might have simply thought that Kelly had not even tried to get together with him.
This is how I see it. Despite knowing about Kelly's crush in "Stand Up and Deliver", Andrea was genuinely and sizably shocked in this moment to learn that Kelly had been turned down by Brandon after explicit attempts to be with him.

Quote:
And then when Kelly turned her potential sexual encounter with Brandon into a goodbye party, she probably did not see it as Kelly ruining her chances with Brandon.
Definitely not. Although maybe there was some subconscious sabotage going on, as you said. Consciously, I don't think Kelly meant to ruin anything and in fact thought she would be helping the situation because she knew how shy Andrea was about pursuing Brandon or taking a big leap like sleeping with a guy. She wasn't ready.

Quote:
She was so meek with the girls in the first 2 seasons that even when they were openly hostile to her, like Brenda in Pass/Not Pass, she kept apologizing for that as if it was hr fault. I think she desperately wanted to have female friends so she just did not even question their attitudes toward her and thought she really did something wrong when they were snapping at her.
Then there's this. Fortunately, she was in good company.

Quote:
- The Gentle Art of Listening (1990) ... Guy in Hall (uncredited)
I'm surprised he got a credit at all for just walking by, lol. Where's the credit for the other 1,500 extras?
Old 05-31-2016, 12:43 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by playgroundDiaries (View Post)

This is how I see it. Despite knowing about Kelly's crush in "Stand Up and Deliver", Andrea was genuinely and sizably shocked in this moment to learn that Kelly had been turned down by Brandon after explicit attempts to be with him.

Definitely not. Although maybe there was some subconscious sabotage going on, as you said. Consciously, I don't think Kelly meant to ruin anything and in fact thought she would be helping the situation because she knew how shy Andrea was about pursuing Brandon or taking a big leap like sleeping with a guy. She wasn't ready.
You need to bear in mind that Brandon turned down Kelly in the previous episode (now I don't know the length between each episode but let's assume it''s every week so when Andrea asks Kelly about wanting to go further with Brandon, obviously Kelly would feel jealous and was reeling in what happened to her at the Spring Dance after Brandon rejected her - she is going to be frustrated that Brandon did not take any interest in her. There was some kind of sabotage from Kelly, it was obvious to me. I agree that Andrea was shy about this which is why she spoke to someone with considerable experience like Kelly. But it was probably the wrong person to confide in (at that particular time). If it was a few months down the line, I think Kelly would be far more genuine about it - this is what I think but some may disagree with me
Old 06-01-2016, 01:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Quote:
You need to bear in mind that Brandon turned down Kelly in the previous episode (now I don't know the length between each episode but let's assume it''s every week so when Andrea asks Kelly about wanting to go further with Brandon, obviously Kelly would feel jealous and was reeling in what happened to her at the Spring Dance after Brandon rejected her - she is going to be frustrated that Brandon did not take any interest in her. There was some kind of sabotage from Kelly, it was obvious to me. I agree that Andrea was shy about this which is why she spoke to someone with considerable experience like Kelly. But it was probably the wrong person to confide in (at that particular time). If it was a few months down the line, I think Kelly would be far more genuine about it - this is what I think but some may disagree with me
Well I guess that once Andrea approached Kelly to ask for advice about potential sex with Brandon, Kelly simply immediately saw it as a great solution for her problem of hosting the Walsh party. I don't think she gave Andrea's feelings much consideration at all. I am not so sure Andrea was not ready for sex with Brandon - she did turn him down the next episode, but I think it was just because he approached her to "finish the business" in terms of sex, not to offer relationship which she wanted. She knew that their crush was not completely mutual, that is, that her feelings were stronger than his. That does not mean she was not ready for sex, just not under such circumstances. And it was not up to Kelly to estimate that at all. She could have asked Nat to host the party in Peach Pitt any day of the week, yet she chose that particular one. She made the decision in Andrea's name. That was pretty bossy and Andrea, meek as she was with the girls at that time, accepted it. But anyway, I think Kelly simply thought Andrea should step aside with her wish to sleep with Brandon for "greater cause" like saying bye to the Walshes.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 06-02-2016, 07:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Since this was Andrea's first time, there definitely was a lot of nervousness on her but also to Brandon too. In a way, I think she would've still prefer to lose her virginity to Brandon as oppose to Dan. But that was just me.
Old 06-07-2016, 09:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

I always got that impression too a bit too Rachel.
I am an original”
Old 06-07-2016, 09:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Good to know.
Old 06-07-2016, 11:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, but I think she wanted that to be combined with relationship when it comes to Brandon, even when he was leaving. Once she learned it was not going to happen - after S3 - she stopped waiting for a prince, I think.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 06-08-2016, 07:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree. She moved on.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread