Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2008, 12:52 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
but her concern may have been for her own ability to keep things platonic as much as his.
Yep. I think her feelings for Dylan scared and overwhelmed her.

Quote:
What I am interested in knowing is what ultimately made her change her mind and go; the prospect that she could go and nothing would happen, or the prospect that she could go and something would.
Exactly. I'm betting on the latter, for a sense of closure. Or, wait. I think she wanted to expose herself to the rawest of intimate conditions (overnight, totally alone, last time to be together like that) and see where the end of her inner struggle lies - is this something she could conceivably have the will to squash? If not, she'll be glad not to have missed their last day of summer together.

Oh, I'm tired too. This might not be what I mean by tomorrow. Um, I think she was really looking forward to hearing Dylan talk about their relationship, as he implied he would be. No one could ease her guilt like he could, by way of his rationalizations for himself and a desire to 'set her free', and if he really cared about her ... well, she was at a point in her life where she'd want and need to hear it, whether they end up a couple or not.

Beyond anything that summer, I think the idea that her and Dylan could be close friends again was intriguing (i.e., unexpected), appealing, and meaningful. She was NOT about to let that go and unfortunately it was attached to a physical attraction she wasn't supposed to pursue.

Last edited by playgroundDiaries; 07-01-2008 at 01:24 AM
Old 07-01-2008, 01:26 AM
Master Fan

OTHER! I thought it was supposed to be a spoiler thread, seeing as it's in the spoiler thread section, but it has been overrun. There are no spoilers, just...well, I'm sure you know.

I like your analysis of what was going on in Kelly's head. She had a lot of conflict going on inside of her, but I think her desire to have Dylan in her life was the strongest, no matter what. That's true throughout the whole series, though.

Icon by Court
Old 07-01-2008, 01:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hm okay... new day, new thread

1. Sorry, that I didn't answer anymore yesterday, but... FF doesn't work for me anymore so I decided to go to bed!!

2. Here is the Survivor Game

I hope you like it

And I hope you all know how it works. Bad english is following now: Please nominate the pic/scene/kiss which you want to cut of the list. Hm, I think one round should be ... 1 day? And in the next round the pic with the most voices will be cut off (resp. will be still there as a link).

Soulmatejunkee Kiss Survivor-Game

{ ... i am the one you fell in love with. who promises you to do it right.
... who won’t lie to you anymore. i’ll make you as happy as you deserve to be ... }

Steffi
Old 07-01-2008, 02:02 AM
Master Fan

mmmmmm.... #11.
Old 07-01-2008, 02:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I take 15...

Current votes:
#11 - 1
#15 - 1

... who won’t lie to you anymore. i’ll make you as happy as you deserve to be ... }

Steffi
Old 07-01-2008, 02:21 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
She had a lot of conflict going on inside of her, but I think her desire to have Dylan in her life was the strongest, no matter what. That's true throughout the whole series, though.

Jac, check the spoiler thread now. I couldn't help it. Oh, and I heard the bad news at the end of #1! About Luke not wanting to return. *whimper*

Aw, those kiss pics are so pretty, Steffi!

Um, I vote off #18.
Old 07-01-2008, 04:33 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by playgroundDiaries (View Post)
What book is this, Summer Love?
Yeah this is all summer love, there was only the first 3 passages up until and including the tug of war scene that were from the previous book "More Than Words"

glad you guys still enjoying the read, I thought you'd like the "wetbike" thing

This bit made me laugh in the last bit

Quote:
"I'll tell her you called."
"No, don't, okay? She'll just want to call me back, and I'll probably be asleep." Or out with Kelly.
because it was exactly what I was imagining he was thinking as I was watching that scene on TV. It reminds me of "Destiny Rides Again", in the brenda/dylan breakup scene, and one minute it's all heartbreaking then Dylan says "You better go...." and I'm imagining him thinking "yeah get outta hear so I can jump in my car and run to Kelly's house"

oh and you guys really will appreciate the K/D writing in this book when you compare it to how some of the other couples dialogue goes eg: Brooke and Brandon after they have had dinner with the Walsh's

"Do you think Mama Bear and Papa Bear are asleep yet?" Brooke asked, almost whispering.
Brandon could see that there was no light in his parents' bedroom. It was possible they were asleep. It was equally possible that they were lying there listening. "What does Goldilocks have in mind?" Brandon asked.
Brooke wriggled closer to him. "I was just thinking that if we're quiet, we can go upstairs to Brandon Bear's room. I bet his bed is just right."
With Brooke's body against his, he could think of no argument opposing her plan. She was just right, too.

can you imagine if they actually filmed that?

anyway sorry back to K/D, here is the next installment

Kelly was in her cabana reading. She knew that Dylan was already on his way to Paradise Cove, but she pretended there was a small but real chance he was still around and that he would come to see her. She knew she should not want to see him, but she could not help herself. Besides, just wanting could not hurt anybody.
Someone knocked on the door, and excitedly she got up to open it. Dylan stood there looking a little embarrassed.
"Hi," he said. "I just came to find out if Steve and David ever got together."
Kelly knew that Dylan's concern was just an excuse to see her, but she played along. She didn't mind why he was here as long as he was here. "For reasons that escape me, Steve thinks David can be a big star. He offered to be David's manager."
"Not really," Dylan said. "What did David say?"
"According to David, the negotiations were pretty intense. David talked the manager's fee down from fifty percent to ten percent and then gave Steve two weeks to get him a gig - put up or shut up."
Dylan shook his head. "The kid has more guts than I thought."
"Yeah. Now, if only he had some talent."
They stood at the door for a while. Kelly would stand there as long as Dylan stayed, and it was obvious that Dylan was reluctant to leave. "So," she said, "I thought you were going to Paradise Cove."
"I'm on my way now. You want to come? Offer's still open."
Despite her real feelings, she told him she still didn't want to go. He shrugged, smiled his cute little self-deprecating smile, and left. Kelly went back to the couch, but she couldn't concentrate on her book because she was thinking about all the men who'd come into her life and then left.
Before the nose job she'd been a shy flower. After the nose job she'd gone a little crazy and entered her party-girl phase. During that period, most of the men in her life had been clods, ultimately interested in only one thing. It was just as well that she no longer had anything to do with them. Jake Hanson had been a pleasant diversion, but he hadn't stayed around long enough for either of them to discover if the relationship really meant anything. Oddly enough, Steve Sanders had been the only real boyfriend she'd ever had. She knew he had a soft center - not like the guys who used her when she was a party girl - but he hid it beneath a thick overlay of jerk.
Dylan seemed to have no jerk in him anywhere. Of course, he was seeing her behind his girlfriend's back, but a separation of six weeks could put a strain on any relationship. Besides, they were not together just because it was convenient, but because they liked each other. And if Kelly had her way, Brenda would never know it had happened. Kelly wondered if she would have been so understanding if she had been in Brenda's place.
While the cabana darkened, Kelly thought about Dylan sleeping on the beach all by himself. It would be cold out there and very beautiful. Would he think about her or about Brenda, or about something else entirely? In her head Kelly saw pictures of the two of them huddling together against the cold, smelling the ocean, and watching the sky. Suddenly, she felt that she must share all that with him.
Despite her strong urge, Kelly could not just show up at Paradise Cove. She needed an excuse, just as Dylan needed one to come to her door. It was full dark before she knew what to do.
She drove out to Paradise Cove with the box on the seat next to her. When she got there, she was pleased to find that the box was still warm on the bottom. She put on her heavy jacket and carried her bedroll and the box down to the beach. She found Dylan with his back against a spit of rock, drinking coffee and watching the sky.
"Who ordered the pizza?" Kelly asked.
He jumped with surprise and then looked at her placidly.
"I thought you might be hungry," she said by way of explanation.
Dylan shook his head and smiled. "Of all the beaches on all the coasts in all the world, she had to walk onto mine."
"At least you didn't do Bogart," she said.
They both laughed. Awkwardly she handed him her bedroll and the pizza. It smelled heavenly.
"Sit down," he invited.
"I don't even know why I'm here."
"You're here because this is probably our last chance to be alone together."
Kelly knew he was right. Even so, she was reluctant to sit down. The plan that had seemed so fine in the cabana and in the car now seemed frivolous, and even nasty, if one considered Brenda. Maybe it was better if she just delivered the pizza and went home.
While she thought these things Kelly sat down next to Dylan. He offered her coffee, and she offered him pizza. Soon it seemed like the most natural thing in the world for them to be eating and watching the sky. They even saw a few shooting stars. The night was magical. Neither of them spoke of Brenda.
They fell asleep holding each other - against the cold, Kelly thought - and the next thing she knew, morning had come. At this point, the coastline ran almost east and west, so the sun seemed to rise out of the ocean to their left. It cast diamonds before it, and they sparkled on the water. Kelly must have been half asleep when, during the night, she'd climbed into her own sleeping bag.
Though she still felt a little guilty being there, the morning was so fresh that the guilt did not bother her. She could handle anything. It was a pleasure to sit next to Dylan, who was still asleep, and watch the sea gulls stand on the beach like commuters waiting for a bus. Occasionally, all of them took off at once and dove for breakfast, made a big circle in the sky, and landed exactly where they had begun.
Dylan stirred in the bag next to hers, and she wished him a good morning. He stretched mightily. "Hi," he said, sounding like a little boy.
They agreed that the night before had been very pleasant.
"It could have been even better," Dylan remarked.
Kelly knew what he meant, and suddenly the guilt stung again. "I'm glad we didn't cross that line," she said. Sex, even responsible sex, could only complicate matters.
"Do you think that just because we didn't have sex, nothing happened?" Dylan asked.
"I admit we connected. But look, we both know that you love Brenda--"
"Did I talk about Brenda last night? Am I talking about her right now?"
Dylan's question frightened Kelly. Maybe he could handle the wrath of Brenda, but Kelly knew that she could never survive making Brenda an enemy. "Just play it out with me," she suggested. "What will we say to Brenda when she asks us what we've been doing all summer? How will we feel?"
Apparently believing that they were in no hurry, Dylan said nothing for a long time, but only stared out at the ocean. Kelly was glad to give him his time; she knew that after hard consideration he had to come around to her point of view. Then she heard a familiar voice calling out from the other side of the rock spit; she never would have expected to hear it way out here.
"Come on, kids," Andrea Zuckerman called. "I found some great shells."
"Yikes!" Kelly cried, but not too loudly. She skooched down into her sleeping bag, zipped it up to the top, and lay very still.
Apparently Andrea was as surprised to see Dylan as he was to see her. She and her camp kids were hunting for shells to decorate the sand sculpture they would make the next day as part of the big competition.
"Cool," said Dylan. "Listen, my friend Harvey had a little too much party last night."
Andrea became sympathetic, and she and the kids were soon gone.
Kelly unzipped her sleeping bag and gratefully took a big swallow of fresh air. "Harvey?" she asked with disbelief. What a dorky name.
"You know," Dylan said. "Like the big invisible rabbit? The Jimmy Stewart movie?"
Kelly stared at him, utterly mystified.
"Forget it."
Kelly had no interest in big invisible rabbits, but she was very concerned about the fear she'd felt when it became possible that Andrea might find out that she and Dylan had spent the night together. Obviously Dylan was uncomfortable with such a revelation, too- otherwise why lie to Andrea? To Kelly these things meant that for all of Dylan's assurances, they both felt deep down that they were doing something wrong.
"You see what happened with Andrea?" Kelly asked. "I've had about all the sneaking around I can take."
"Do you want me to tell Brenda about us?"
Kelly wanted to scream at him that there was no "us." Instead she tried sweet reason once again. "Look, Dylan, this isn't going to work. Brenda's my best friend. More than that, when you see her this evening, you're going to remember why you loved her in the first place. We saw Casablanca, we saw some stars. Let's leave it at that."
Apparently Dylan was trying to absorb, once and for all, everything she'd told him. At last he nodded. "I guess we'll always have Paris," he said.
Kelly hoped that Dylan was right. She'd tried to be brave, but she knew that pretending nothing had happened this summer would be as difficult for him as it was for her. Difficult or not, Brenda would be home that evening, and the Kelly-and-Dylan show had to go on.

I'll do more tomorrow
Old 07-01-2008, 11:29 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Jac, check the spoiler thread now. I couldn't help it. Oh, and I heard the bad news at the end of #1! About Luke not wanting to return. *whimper*
I saw that news a few days ago. I've been in denial ever since. I think your words fell on deaf ears over there. I would like to get spoilers; I don't want to read the other crap.

Thanks for the new transcript!!!!

I'll vote #15. Though I find it hard to vote against any Dy/K kiss.

Icon by Court
Old 07-01-2008, 12:12 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Oh, and I heard the bad news at the end of #1! About Luke not wanting to return. *whimper*
Whaaaat?????

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..........

Where's the spoiler thread??

Quote:
“I can’t re-imagine it currently,” Luke told Billy during a recent phone call from Italy.
Currently. As in, "at this time." Which does NOT. MEAN. NEVER.

Well, I guess that would be okay as long as they don't re-write history. As long as he remains unmentioned and they don't suddenly hook her up with someone assuming she's SINGLE, I'll be okay with that. He may not want to appear on the show, but it doesn't mean that DK is over. Right?? Right!!!

I can't pick a single kiss. They're all so heavenly.

ETA: Found the spoiler thread. Ugh, my blood is boiling!! Buncha punks.
Brad Jen

Last edited by SMUSH; 07-01-2008 at 12:31 PM
Old 07-01-2008, 12:38 PM
Master Fan

If they imply that Kelly is still single, it just won't work for me. She's not the forever-single type. Maybe Luke will come around and join in, but it doesn't seem too likely at the moment. Who knows? The show might not even last very long.

There aren't any bad Dy/K kisses. I just had to pick one.

EDIT: Mel, what DVD program do you use to make your caps? I have a friend who has a Mac and wanted to know which would be best.

Icon by Court

Last edited by emesoohci; 07-01-2008 at 12:46 PM
Old 07-01-2008, 12:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So we have...

Current votes:
#11 - 1
#15 - 2
#18 - 1

Did I miss someone?

Steffi
Old 07-01-2008, 12:58 PM
Master Fan

The spoiler thread!!!!

They're only anti-DK

Anyway I hope that they will mention Dylan as the boyfriend/husband of kelly and I will be happy... no need to see him physically.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:59 PM
Part-Time Fan

I will have to go with #15.
Wow, this is really hard coz all DK kisses are amazing!

I am so bummed about Luke not being keen to come back
Old 07-01-2008, 01:01 PM
Elite Fan

Hehe. I like your stamina, Katherine. No, it doesn't have to mean it's over for DK, but that still depends on who they can get in front of the camera. Honestly, I'd freakin' love an S/K reunion. We know Ian'll be there.

Oh come on, dude. Pick a kiss.

Jaclyn, you can tell your friend I'll let her know when I let you know and someone else on a mac tells me what they're using, LOL. My way sucks. It's just a hundred times easier for me to import footage to iMovie than Final Cut Pro, so that's what I do, and hit 'save frame'. But they're always a little fuzzy/darker/redder than the actual video. I can't find a single explanation or means of change for this in the menu options. So I barely cap anymore unless I'm the only one with access to the episode. I just can't take the auto smudge effect anymore, lol. I need a new program. I do have Mac the Ripper, but never bothered to learn how to use it. I bet you can cap from there too.

Okay, onto the novel ...
Old 07-01-2008, 01:33 PM
Master Fan

Ok, thanks, Mel. I suggested a couple of free programs to her, but I didn't know if you had a better method.

I think S/K would be cool to see. Of course it would not in any way be canon, but I think they would make a fun couple. We never really got to see that on the original. This is only, of course, if there is no way Luke would return. I would still rather see Dy/K.

Icon by Court
Closed Thread   Post New Thread