Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2012, 09:06 PM
Elite Fan

Maybe ...

"YES! Let's do it." - Steve Wasserman on the Dylan/Kelly pairing (or some variation of this)

Or that "Nothing and no one could stop them" quote from the NYPost.

Or something else really obvious from the media quotes that we haven't used. A reason or quote from the show is fine too, I just get the sense every time that we forget really obvious titles, lol.
Old 05-26-2012, 09:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

I like the one from the NYPost
Old 05-26-2012, 10:18 PM
Elite Fan

Let me bring it back, then.

"Nothing and no one could stop the force between lovers Kelly and Dylan." - NY Post

The force, Luke!
Old 05-26-2012, 11:08 PM
Master Fan

I like that one too
Old 05-27-2012, 06:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Mel, yes that is an awesome one Now lets finish this!
Old 05-27-2012, 08:24 AM
Extreme Fan

That's what i love most about Kelly's relationship with Dylan, that she dared to show so much more of her true self. That's also the reason why in season 3 Kelly became my most favorite character, we got to know the real her so much more.

Great ideas for titles guys.

Old 05-28-2012, 01:28 PM
Passionate Fan

I hope it's alright that I bring this up. I just wanted to get the perspective of Dy/K fans on this. Do you guys feel that Dylan was out of character in S3? (like cheating on Brenda and how he acted throughout the triangle).
Old 05-28-2012, 02:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I hope it's alright that I bring this up. I just wanted to get the perspective of Dy/K fans on this. Do you guys feel that Dylan was out of character in S3? (like cheating on Brenda and how he acted throughout the triangle).
Not at ALL, not even close, not even a little bit. The thing is, they really delved deep into Dylan's character for the first time in S3, so it wasn't just about his adoration for Brenda and the initial stock elements of his character - that right there is a shift, but not one that suggests he's a different person. The idea that because his actions hurt another character and there were consequences meant he was written wrong, I find ridiculous. He's supposed to have faults, despite the best intentions. Beloved characters become hypocrites all the time. The events of prior seasons and relationships also have their effects, so - given Dylan's history with Brenda and Jim - I'm not surprised that he could doubt the sanctity of those ties come S3, or fall in head-first with someone he believes can understand him in a way that they haven't (i.e., Kelly). Dylan loves to see himself as an extreme loyalist, and in many ways he does remain one throughout the series. But, he's also always been one to believe that people need to follow the instincts of their heart and be brave enough to do what's best for themselves despite criticism by others. S1, S2, and S3. This fits in perfectly with his willingness to pursue Kelly and the subsequent disappointment of her wanting to end things between them come Fall. He's not very into denying how you feel, especially when those feelings involve him. He had genuine affection for Kelly.

I mean, what are we really accusing Dylan of in S3? Being heartless and cold all of a sudden? Wanting to hurt other people? No.

Breaking Brenda's trust, to me, does not nearly make Dylan or anyone else OOC. Everyone is going to break someone's trust on the show at some point, be it via cheating or another thing. That's just life, and the conflicts necessary to make characters grow. I'd be much more apt to say things were a bit off with him in S9, cause the writing was not as good (not even the same writers). There seemed to be this need to make Dylan emanate "badass" qualities, which the character had grown out of nearly a decade before. But no, the quality of BH90210 in S3 was superb, so I can't say that. It was the year of so many classic episodes and every week was a complete head-rush of joy on, like, an international scale, lol. Dylan/Kelly or not, I'm still high from S3. The year before that was awesome, the year after that was awesome ... I can hardly believe they had a little lily pad in between there where the writers lost their mind. The show either *has it* or they don't anymore.

Basically, the most consistent thing about Dylan is that he has trust issues. So I think that has to be considered for any point.

And yes, it's fine you brought this up. I guess I just had more of a rant in me than I thought, lol.

BTW, I thought of one of the obvious titles last night that we seem to miss:

"All I really wanted to do was hear your voice ..."

Last edited by playgroundDiaries; 05-28-2012 at 03:00 PM
Old 05-28-2012, 04:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Mel I love your post so much You always seem to convey what I'm thinking and make it sound intelligent .. and that title is also awesome
Old 05-28-2012, 04:41 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks , I'm glad I can convey what you feel too. I'll repost in the beginning of the next thread so people will know where other reactions come from. Omg, it's so hot in my room that I'm feeling all bug-eyed and anxious.

Quote:
and that title is also awesome
Enough to beat out the other one? I can always change back.

Also, I think it's time to take out the "resource" links in the OP that can't be downloaded anymore cause MU is wiped off the internet ... and things like that. Maybe take out twitter until it's active (make a new art for it) and, I know I said this years ago, but really actually decide on a (shortish) list of the best Dy/K videos out there.
Old 05-28-2012, 05:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hrmm maybe use that one for the next thread? I still love the NYPost one

Yeah sounds good, I want to make a new art for the YT one anyway
Old 05-28-2012, 05:42 PM
Elite Fan

Alrighty. Yeah, new is cool. Step by step. Shall I start?
Old 05-28-2012, 05:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah I think so, since you want to make the changes

Btw I can't see your avi anymore
Old 05-28-2012, 06:04 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Btw I can't see your avi anymore
Oh no , I was afraid of that. I don't know what happened. It was a direct upload from my computer. I feel so naked without it.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't have it saved on this computer either.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread