Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2015, 06:15 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyitsrachel (View Post)
It was a good move but I think it didn't really work on his favor at first. Even though Kelly wanted to resume the relationship, I thought Brandon felt betrayed that he didn't want to marry him. In a way, I think Brandon probably only propose to counter Dylan's offer and that he really wasn't ready for marriage. But I thought it was an amazing gesture. He wasn't going to let Kelly go without a clean fight. As he said to Dylan, "Bro, I had years of ring payments lined up." I think just by hearing Kelly say no, Brandon sort of saw this as her saying to "no" to him again if he ever propose to him later.....I think that's probably why he didn't want to get back together with her. But of course, in S8, she said yes "twice."

To me, the first S8 proposal in the bedroom wasn't all that good to me since they were fighting and he really did it to reassure Kelly that he was entirely devoted to her. The 2nd S8 proposal was good when there were walking at the beach. But I sure wish that they had kept the ring from S5 instead of planning to get a new one. That ring to me helped etch their love into history.
I agree that Brandon likely felt betrayed, even though he probably wasn't really ready for marriage. I think it was almost like the Brenda situation where she said she never thought she'd lose. I think he really believed that after thinking about everything they'd been through, Kelly would say yes, especially with an amazing gesture like that. I think it did break his heart and you're right, he was worried she'd say no again if he ever asked a second time. I also think he didn't want to continue their relationship as is. I think he wanted to take the next step and maybe move in together or begin talking about marriage instead of being "just another guy."

The bedroom proposal in S8 was a joke and didn't make sense. Brandon would never make such a rash decision just to end the argument. I think he thought that since Kelly took him back, it meant she trusted him again. But I don't think Kelly realized just how hard it would be to forget those painful memories. I think he definitely could have been more understanding. The technically third proposal was much better and I agree, they should have kept the original ring as a representative of their relationship and all they'd been through. I just hate to think about that scene because it seemed like he thought things over and was really ready for marriage because he knew that he wanted her in his life, always. But then two episodes later he thought of her more like a sister? Just a really poor job on the writers' parts.
Old 03-27-2015, 02:03 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
I think just by hearing Kelly say no, Brandon sort of saw this as her saying to "no" to him again if he ever propose to him later.
If I recall correctly, she told him in the S5 finale that she was still open to possibly getting married someday. In any case, I'm glad that the marriage didn't happen under those circumstances.

On a side note, I don't think that S5 would've been too soon for them to get married. I'm pretty sure that the writers were thinking of marrying them at some point, and probably would've if Jason hadn't left.
Old 03-27-2015, 10:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I think she did say that even though she wasn't ready to get married or move in with him, that doesn't mean she didn't want to have a relationship with him. I guess that was her hint of a marriage in the future. Still, if you focus on that statement alone and look at how their friendship and relationship progress afterwards, it's pretty good. They did eventually move in together because they wanted to, not because they had to. If there wasn't any major relationship issues in S8, Kelly saying yes would've been more worthwhile...to be at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissyface (View Post)
The technically third proposal was much better
To me, it's highly regarded that the 3rd proposal wasn't technically suppose to be taken seriously. Brandon just decided to casually ask Kelly something she already said yes to in the 2nd proposal. It's kind of like a couple renewing their wedding vows; they practically expect a yes; anything but a yes would be a shock. So, I think Brandon could've propose a few more times after that; as long as it's before the wedding, I think Kelly would've said yes to all of them.

It would've been great to save this wedding for the finale. Don't get me wrong, I love David/Donna's wedding but I would've much rather see this.
Old 03-28-2015, 03:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

I would have preferred their wedding too.
I am an original”
Old 03-28-2015, 04:18 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
It would've been great to save this wedding for the finale. Don't get me wrong, I love David/Donna's wedding but I would've much rather see this.
I think that would've been nice, but, looking back, I might have preferred to see it before the finale. I would've liked hearing Brandon call Kelly his wife for a few episodes, or an entire season. Same with Kelly calling Brandon her husband.
Old 03-28-2015, 07:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Me too.
Old 03-29-2015, 01:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

That would have been cute.
I am an original”
Old 03-29-2015, 03:21 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Me too.
I thought it was only natural for this to happen. Kelly seemed to just fit right in with the Walsh family.
Old 03-29-2015, 03:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

It seemed like the right direction to go
Old 03-29-2015, 07:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Chapter 51 - The Honeymooners: Part 2 NEW
Old 03-29-2015, 11:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks!
I am an original”
Old 03-30-2015, 07:26 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by James26 (View Post)
I think that would've been nice, but, looking back, I might have preferred to see it before the finale. I would've liked hearing Brandon call Kelly his wife for a few episodes, or an entire season. Same with Kelly calling Brandon her husband.
That would have been adorable.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree.
Old 03-31-2015, 05:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think it would have been adorable too.
I am an original”
Old 03-31-2015, 07:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

Too adorable to handle!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread