Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2015, 09:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks!

I recall after I first saw that Brandon cheated on Kelly with Emma in S8. Even though it was only a TV show, that episode made me feel terrible for practically the entire season. I was in high school at the time and by then, I had more friends who watched the show. I remember many of my friends couldn't believe Brandon would do something like that and only one of my friends said "Hey, he's only human."

I didn't think much of what my friend said at the time but eventually, I sort of knew she was right. To me, Brandon had a good reputation of being almost-perfect (at least in my point of view). But to do something like this was just too devastating for me to admit that he's only human. Then I realized that Emma was motivated in getting Brandon. She just wouldn't stop or leave Brandon alone. And I guess Brandon found her attractive....so I guess everybody has their limits.

Look at David & Ariel. To be honest, I really didn't expect David to cheat on Donna.
Old 03-24-2015, 05:41 AM
New Fan

I agree Rachel, Brandon cheating was truly devastating and didn't fit with his character at all. I don't think we needed to see Brandon cheat for the writer's to show that he was only human. We saw him give into temptation when he kissed Emily, but he knew sleeping her would cross a line that he couldn't undo. He loved Kelly too much to do that. Which is why I just find it so hard to believe in season 8 because in the same season, he nearly lost the love of his life, Kelly. Even though he once loved Emily, Brandon was still able to determine right from wrong. And, his feelings were much stronger than they were in season 5, yet some random girl he barely knew could come in so easily and persuade him to cheat. I think it was just a lazy way on the writers' part to disrupt Brandon and Kelly's relationship before Jason's departure.

As far as David and Ariel, I think that was not as shocking because David was so young and inexperienced. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that David's first time? I think he was so eager to lose his virginity and so fed up with getting turned down by Donna that it made sense Ariel was able to get to him.
Old 03-24-2015, 08:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

you guys have some good analogies!
Old 03-24-2015, 08:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

I was so sad when he cheated and heartbroken for them.
I am an original”
Old 03-24-2015, 09:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I agree.

I agree with you, chrissyface. Even though Brandon immediately felt guilty for what he did, that really didn't make things better.

Yes, Ariel was David's first time. But the thing was that to me, he didn't feel sorry at all after it happened the first time. When Donna asked him whether when she caught them was his first time or not. He said no. So, that means, he had been doing it with Ariel and acting all normal behind Donna's back. At least Brandon was showing signs of pain and guilt. He wanted to come clean. I remember Steve telling him to let it go and don't tell Kelly. Of course, that lead to Kelly thinking Steve cheated on Carley with Emma. That was a bad move - more guilt for Brandon.

Out of all my favorite TV shows, that was the most devastating moment in my point of view.

Close to that would be Ross so-called cheating on Rachel on Friends. But in that situation, the cheating part was up for debate....whether they were on a break or not, it was a sad storyline. At least that was a comedy and some of the jokes help lighten the mood.
Old 03-24-2015, 10:18 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyitsrachel (View Post)
Mmmm.....All I can say is that I think they would be in a house; not an apartment.
I wonder how many children they might have.
Old 03-25-2015, 05:29 AM
New Fan

Quote:
^ I agree.

I agree with you, chrissyface. Even though Brandon immediately felt guilty for what he did, that really didn't make things better.

Yes, Ariel was David's first time. But the thing was that to me, he didn't feel sorry at all after it happened the first time. When Donna asked him whether when she caught them was his first time or not. He said no. So, that means, he had been doing it with Ariel and acting all normal behind Donna's back. At least Brandon was showing signs of pain and guilt. He wanted to come clean. I remember Steve telling him to let it go and don't tell Kelly. Of course, that lead to Kelly thinking Steve cheated on Carley with Emma. That was a bad move - more guilt for Brandon.
I completely forgot about David admitting that it wasn't his first time. And you're right, he didn't really seem to feel too guilty. Almost like he thought Donna should understand and forgive him. As far as Brandon, I know he felt guilty at first, but then he was so easily convinced by Steve to just let it go. Even going as far as wiping Steve's slate clean since he took the fall for it. I just wouldn't have liked to have seen Brandon show even more remorse I guess. But then again, after the fire, I don't think he seemed to feel as guilty either. Every time Kelly brought up him not being there he just reiterated that he'd already apologized for that and apologizing again wouldn't change the fact that he wasn't there. I think Brandon was never one to really show a ton of emotion, so maybe that's why.
Old 03-25-2015, 07:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I was watching these two the other day.
Old 03-25-2015, 04:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by James26 (View Post)
I wonder how many children they might have.
I hope they have at least a few.
I am an original”
Old 03-25-2015, 08:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I'm going with 6 kids because I remember Brandon saying "It takes 6 to make a hockey team."

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissyface (View Post)
I think Brandon was never one to really show a ton of emotion, so maybe that's why.
I agree. At certain times when I would expect him to be furious, he just acts normal think of a calm solution to deal with it. Which is not a bad thing but I wouldn't mind him showing more intensity in fighting for what he think it's right. For example, when Dylan offered to take Kelly around the world, Brandon just said to Dylan, "You gotta do what you gotta do. And I gotta do what I gotta do." That's it? I was seriously expecting a physical fight between the two. While, I was ok with Brandon's approach, potentially losing the love of his life has gotta hurt Brandon. I respect his approach in dealing with this situation calmly since Dylan is one of his best friends and he knew that they were a couple. I know that he also felt kind of guilty for dating Kelly after Dylan/Kelly broke up. But I think he was too much into the notion that Dylan and Kelly had something that he couldn't understand. If that was true or not, I think BK had a lot to be happy about. Taking the calm approach would also help him prove he doesn't need to pick a fight with Dylan to win. If Kelly chose him, he would've won under his own merits. (Same for Dylan if Kelly had chosen him).

One incident I thought Brandon was full of fury was right after Kelly got shot...and he went a little overprotective of Kelly. Seeing this, Kelly was a bit afraid to be around him. I'm not sure if I'm the only one but for that brief moment, I saw a bit of Dylan in Brandon. Correct me if I'm wrong, wouldn't Dylan have gone out and hunt down that creep who shot Kelly?
Old 03-26-2015, 05:38 AM
New Fan

Quote:

One incident I thought Brandon was full of fury was right after Kelly got shot...and he went a little overprotective of Kelly. Seeing this, Kelly was a bit afraid to be around him. I'm not sure if I'm the only one but for that brief moment, I saw a bit of Dylan in Brandon. Correct me if I'm wrong, wouldn't Dylan have gone out and hunt down that creep who shot Kelly?
You're right. Bradon staying calm during the "I choose me" dilemma probably worked in his favor. I thought it was funny that Kelly even asked Dylan what happened to the cool Dylan who didn't worry about anything.

It was good to see Brandon become really protective. But Dylan definitely would have hunted to guy down and it would've been the Toni story line all over again.
Old 03-26-2015, 12:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

6 kds, dang!
Old 03-26-2015, 07:03 PM
Obsessed Fan

Two or three maybe. I still remember the "Mother's Day" promo on TV.
Old 03-26-2015, 08:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

I did like Brandon getting really protective, it was a side of him we hadn't seen too much.
I am an original”
Old 03-26-2015, 09:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissyface (View Post)
You're right. Bradon staying calm during the "I choose me" dilemma probably worked in his favor.
It was a good move but I think it didn't really work on his favor at first. Even though Kelly wanted to resume the relationship, I thought Brandon felt betrayed that he didn't want to marry him. In a way, I think Brandon probably only propose to counter Dylan's offer and that he really wasn't ready for marriage. But I thought it was an amazing gesture. He wasn't going to let Kelly go without a clean fight. As he said to Dylan, "Bro, I had years of ring payments lined up." I think just by hearing Kelly say no, Brandon sort of saw this as her saying to "no" to him again if he ever propose to him later.....I think that's probably why he didn't want to get back together with her. But of course, in S8, she said yes "twice."

To me, the first S8 proposal in the bedroom wasn't all that good to me since they were fighting and he really did it to reassure Kelly that he was entirely devoted to her. The 2nd S8 proposal was good when there were walking at the beach. But I sure wish that they had kept the ring from S5 instead of planning to get a new one. That ring to me helped etch their love into history.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread