Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2008, 10:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Friends

Thanks for that link Amy I can't watch it now because the sound is not working on my computer for now but I will check it later when it will work again

From what you guys said, it seems that there's the scene when Kelly lost a memory in it That was so sad, poor Brandon! The love of his life didn't remember him and them anymore *sniff*
I'm glad that didn't last too long though, I was afraid they will let this for more ep! And that scene when she remembered everything about them was great

Whitney Houston

Greatest Voice Of All
Old 01-30-2008, 10:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

This is why I don't watch beyond Season 7 anymore. Brandon stands by the woman he loves whilst she could be dying for all he knows, and the writers still mess BK up by the finale. I can't stand it. Not to mention, Kelly getting shot?? Come on this is too much. She'd only just suffered a miscarriage
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 01-30-2008, 11:02 AM
Master Fan

Guys what was that whole miscarriage storyline about? Did she get pregnent with Brandon's baby?
Old 01-30-2008, 11:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Yeah two episodes after they get back together in Season 7, Kelly finds out she's pregnant with Brandon's baby on Mother's Day. But even though Brandon wants the baby, Kelly doesn't feel ready. The following week (and episode), she thinks she's had a period and so was never pregnant. But she finds out she actually had a miscarriage. THEN, she gets told she has a condition called endometriosis (or something like that) which caused the miscarriage and might prevent her from having any more kids.

.... yeah, I feel depressed now.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 01-30-2008, 11:19 AM
Master Fan

OH MY GOD! What was this show trying to do to her? And to her and Brandon? I'm with you, I feel so drained right now!
Old 01-30-2008, 11:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I don't think the new writers gave a damn about Kelly and Brandon as individuals, or the couple anymore by that point. Specifically Season 8. If they did, they would've given them a better ending. They would have left hope for the couple. I'm telling you, when Jason decided to leave, the writers took their anger out on the couple.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 01-30-2008, 11:49 AM
Master Fan

How did they endtheir relationship?
Old 01-30-2008, 11:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

They hug. The end. They say "I have no regrets" and they hug outside the Peach Pit and that's it.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 01-30-2008, 12:02 PM
Master Fan

That's it???? OH but wait, we do see them at the beach the night Brandon leaves and we see Kelly stareing out at the water fromn the belcony of the Beach Apartment. I think that was pretty sad, don't you?
Old 01-30-2008, 12:35 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellAndSteve4Ever (View Post)
That's it???? OH but wait, we do see them at the beach the night Brandon leaves and we see Kelly stareing out at the water fromn the belcony of the Beach Apartment. I think that was pretty sad, don't you?

That was definitely sad. Thanks for posting the video here btw. How can a couple that goes through so much not end up together in the series finale??? It pisses me off that Jason left the show. If he stayed it would be B/K for sure.

The "no regrets" part is almost hilarious when you first listen to it cuz Kelly, especially, has been having nothing but regrets since the day of the wedding. lol. I think it was meant in a way to suggest that they've both accepted that they need to move on because they both want different things at that point in their lives. Kelly realizes that Brandon's happiness is in pursuing his dreams in DC so she lets him go. But she still wishes things turned out differently. Two episodes later she's upset at Val for "giving Brandon the idea to call off the wedding."

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4brathan&brucas (View Post)
Yeah two episodes after they get back together in Season 7, Kelly finds out she's pregnant with Brandon's baby on Mother's Day. But even though Brandon wants the baby, Kelly doesn't feel ready. The following week (and episode), she thinks she's had a period and so was never pregnant. But she finds out she actually had a miscarriage. THEN, she gets told she has a condition called endometriosis (or something like that) which caused the miscarriage and might prevent her from having any more kids.

.... yeah, I feel depressed now.
Even though the miscarriage/infertility storyline was extremely sad, I think it was meant to reinforce B/K. They were trying to show that even though Brandon really wanted kids, he was willing to love Kelly unconditionally, and that he would stand with her through thick and thin, despite the fact that she may not be able to give him children.

Last edited by bigtimefan; 01-30-2008 at 12:42 PM
Old 01-30-2008, 12:59 PM
Master Fan

Yeah and I'mm sure they had some regrets about the miscarriage, right?
Old 01-30-2008, 01:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

There was no need for the writers to do that to BK. They'd already done the miscarriage thing. Fine, move on. That's bad enough. It just came across very strongly that the 'may not be able to have kids' issue was just another bump in the road for BK. Brandon was clearly devastated but was trying to hide it. He was even talking about having a 'hockey team' full of children with her one day. So the writers went too far on this one.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 01-30-2008, 01:14 PM
Master Fan

Yeah they really shoukldn't have gone that far, it was hurtful to the coupleand to the shippers of that couple.
Old 01-30-2008, 02:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Mel, I downloaded three S4 eps last night!! I'm so happy!!! Classic BK!!!

I'm a little worried though, my computer keeps crashing, I've probably caused a virus or something! Oh well...
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 01-30-2008, 02:58 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellAndSteve4Ever (View Post)
Yeah and I'mm sure they had some regrets about the miscarriage, right?
Yeah, they were both devastated by it. It's sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4brathan&brucas (View Post)
There was no need for the writers to do that to BK. They'd already done the miscarriage thing. Fine, move on. That's bad enough. It just came across very strongly that the 'may not be able to have kids' issue was just another bump in the road for BK. Brandon was clearly devastated but was trying to hide it. He was even talking about having a 'hockey team' full of children with her one day. So the writers went too far on this one.
I agree that was a bad storyline and they shouldn't have done it. But the writers weren't trying to undermine B/K like you seem to imply. It was still Season 7 and no one knew at that point that Jason was going to leave the show early, not even Jason himself. They were just trying to show that Brandon will love Kelly unconditionally, even if she couldn't give him what he really wanted: children.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread