Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2016, 10:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I also think he got a lot of exercise when he was leading that rowing crew in S7 when he was trying to win back Clare.
Old 01-21-2016, 06:10 AM
Master Fan

Yes I remember that.
Talking of early season 7, in the second episode there were some Steve-Kelly moments bringing up the past regarding the Spring Dance when Steve was drunk - he felt guilty what he did to Kelly back in the day. Yes Kelly got angry but I was so happy that they settled everything. Although Steve-Kelly did not get back together again, they remained close friends throughout. Personally I thought it was pointless bringing up the past in this episode but in the end it got resolved.
Old 01-21-2016, 06:10 AM
Master Fan

Yes I remember that.
Talking of early season 7, in the second episode there were some Steve-Kelly moments bringing up the past regarding the Spring Dance when Steve was drunk - he felt guilty what he did to Kelly back in the day. Yes Kelly got angry but I was so happy that they settled everything. Although Steve-Kelly did not get back together again, they remained close friends throughout. Personally I thought it was pointless bringing up the past in this episode but in the end it got resolved.
Old 01-21-2016, 10:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I guess they brought it up because our viewers really wanted to know what happened between these two when they were together.
Old 01-22-2016, 01:43 AM
Master Fan

You know what? It would have been nice to see them together as a couple - like a flashback scene or something. We didn't get to see anything like that. The only episode I remember when they were kissing each other was in B.Y.O.B (season 1)
Old 01-22-2016, 06:00 PM
Elite Fan

I think they only rehashed the pre-S1 backstory because in S7 they knew the show had faltered and they were trying to 'get back to their roots'. While I greatly enjoyed the brief plotline when it aired, it now seems kinda reaching.

Flashbacks would have been great! Even as an alternative. Kelly's history and Steve/Kelly's history was working fine without him being accountable for so much more.

And like ... if he really felt the need to get that off his chest, why didn't it come at the end of S3's "Wild Horses"?
Old 01-22-2016, 06:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by playgroundDiaries (View Post)
I think they only rehashed the pre-S1 backstory because in S7 they knew the show had faltered and they were trying to 'get back to their roots'. While I greatly enjoyed the brief plotline when it aired, it now seems kinda reaching.

Flashbacks would have been great! Even as an alternative. Kelly's history and Steve/Kelly's history was working fine without him being accountable for so much more.

And like ... if he really felt the need to get that off his chest, why didn't it come at the end of S3's "Wild Horses"?
Like you said, I think they were running out of storylines and losing viewers at the same time so they probably decided to do this - to me it didn't make sense in doing this in season 7
Old 01-22-2016, 07:00 PM
Elite Fan

Best part was Clare discovering that Steve had slept with Kelly too. She pulls out the first 'incestuous group' comment of the night.
Old 01-22-2016, 07:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by playgroundDiaries (View Post)
Best part was Clare discovering that Steve had slept with Kelly too. She pulls out the first 'incestuous group' comment of the night.
Clare is funny and I remember her saying the "incestuous group" thing - I think she said this to Brandon
Old 01-22-2016, 08:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes she did in 7x02.
Old 01-23-2016, 05:05 AM
Master Fan

@Rachel, yes it was the same episode where Brandon and Kelly on the beach in the final beach whether they'll be on the same chapter and page together - Brandon does like to tease us lol

I remembered the first time when Clare and Steve met at the Peach Pit in season 4 (Acting Out episode, I think). I knew from there that something will e brewing with these two and I'm so glad it did - I'm such a big fan of this coupling
Old 01-23-2016, 02:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It was always weird with that "Steve spread the rumors that Kelly is a ****" storyline, but you know, I guess we actually saw him doing that in pilot already, when he said (to David, I think) that she was lousy in bed. I guess in high school terms it almost makes her a ****, because it shows she is available and her ex does not think well of her. Then again, I think that reputation of having active sexual life was ambivalent, because it also made girls popular. That is pretty much what Marianne said to Brandon in pilot, and also how it was depicted in a lot of teen movies in the 1980s and early 1990s.

About him starting such a rumor, I did not get how he supposedly did it. There is never one person behind the rumor.

Quote:
Why precisely then?

Brenda stands alone. Because she can.
Icon by oth. fan
Old 01-23-2016, 06:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulan (View Post)
About him starting such a rumor, I did not get how he supposedly did it. There is never one person behind the rumor.
That's a good one. I guess those people who knew the truth decided not to come out with the truth. They just decided to back Steve up.
Old 01-24-2016, 02:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I was thinking more along the lines that probably more guys than one bragged that Kelly slept with them, and that is usually enough for a girl to get a rep. I am pretty sure Ross Weber would be such a guy, also John Sears. And Kelly was with them before Steve, I think. That seems more believeable to me than Steve getting a revenge to Kelly for rejection - I thought that her reputation was older than their relationship?

Brenda stands alone. Because she can.
Icon by oth. fan
Old 01-24-2016, 05:12 AM
Master Fan

John Sears tried to hit on Kelly before she went out with Steve but she declined him initially. Ross Webber was a disgrace in what he did to Kelly. Sometimes, as much as I don't like Kelly, I had sympathy for her regarding this