Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-03-2009, 10:39 AM
Loyal Fan

I was thinking about the next eppy - Islanded in a Stream of Stars. A stream of stars refers to space, so islanded refers to Galactica.... It's gonna be a Galactica-centric and/or Bill Adama-centric eppy (which is very good )
icon
Old 03-03-2009, 10:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm with you about "Daniel" being her father but I'm also torn on the Kara being "Daniel" as well because both theories make sense

I'm thinking it'll be a centered episode on both Bill and Galactica
Old 03-03-2009, 01:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider (View Post)
I think all of us wanted that, I know I did...I was hoping for that distinct piano sound that Phillip Glass brings in Metamorphosis V...best rainy day music soundtrack of all time Oh well, Watchtower piano version works for me
Worked for me too , I kept looking for the Phillip Glass all the way through, I kept thinking look I know you're going to play it and then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wintersinboston (View Post)
I am new to posting- normally I just read/lurk! I was thinking that maybe Kara's dad is actually Daniel- the artistic, sensitive cylon that Cavill boxed? Maybe Kara is actually the first hybrid, not Hera. It does not explain why she was found dead on earth, but I was really feeling my theory on her dad being Daniel. He fit the profile!
Welcome to the board , I actually have been thinking that Kara could be a hybrid of somesort, still not sure of the Daniel angle though..., I think TPTB might swing a curve ball on that

No need to lurk, come in and join the fun
Old 03-03-2009, 03:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_diamond (View Post)
I think TPTB might swing a curve ball on that

No need to lurk, come in and join the fun
When don't they do a curve ball

I agree, no need to lurk We are a very friendly bunch
Old 03-03-2009, 05:32 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni Radulova (View Post)
I was thinking about the next eppy - Islanded in a Stream of Stars. A stream of stars refers to space, so islanded refers to Galactica.... It's gonna be a Galactica-centric and/or Bill Adama-centric eppy (which is very good )
Makes sense. Also Hera's second drawing of stars, that turned out to be the musical notes for all along the watchtower, looked like a stream of stars. Maybe AATWT is a star map of how to find the "promised land", not necessarily earth.

Old 03-03-2009, 06:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Going to re-watch the episode later on tonight
Old 03-03-2009, 09:22 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wintersinboston (View Post)
I am new to posting- normally I just read/lurk! I was thinking that maybe Kara's dad is actually Daniel- the artistic, sensitive cylon that Cavill boxed? Maybe Kara is actually the first hybrid, not Hera. It does not explain why she was found dead on earth, but I was really feeling my theory on her dad being Daniel. He fit the profile!
Hey Welcome to the site and to the board. We hope to see you posting around

that's a good theory, but I don't think that a "hybrid" can resurrect (just my personal interpretation), and that's why Hera is special. If Kara was a "hybrid" indeed, she should have died and that's it. Instead she returned to us in a brand new body and viper (for the record, which I would like to have explained as well).

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thats my thought too, she wouldn't be able to come back but I truly don't know what to think

Episde killed me again Both parts of it, Kara-centered part and the Tyrol/Boomer part killed me even more this time because I've been such a shipper and now its so hard because I don't know what Boomer's deal is. I truly think she meant what she told him, like what she said to Galen at the end but I really do think she's going Cavil

Last edited by crash landing; 03-03-2009 at 10:44 PM
Old 03-04-2009, 03:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm gutted about the Boomer storyline. Talk about a character who has been completely on. I really hoped that she would be redeemed, seeing the flashbacks with her in the brig and being shot by Cally just brought home to me how sad her storyline has been. She was so much a part of the crew when she didn't know she was a Cylon. I know shooting Adama has obviously turned a lot of them against her but the way Roslin dismissed her case out of hand and the way only Tyrol was sticking up for her really upset me. Given how she was forsaken by former friends and how she must feel replaced by Athena (who is living the kind of life on Galactica Boomer would have imagined for herself), can I blame her for siding with Cavil? At this point no.

Grace did a fantastic job though and I love the projection scenes with her and Tyrol. (One of my ships down the pan, wonder which will follow next ) I believe at the end she was being sincere when she told him she meant what she'd said to him.

The Kara scenes were interesting, although it was only really towards the end that I thought the episode got going. Love the scene where she's playing and Tigh and Ellen look up. Katee was great!

Kat | icon |
Old 03-04-2009, 06:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Kat , that was a shock and a half what Boomer did , never though that would happen, although her being with Cavil all this time, he tainted her maybe and she knew she would never be back in the fleet. I do believe she told the truth to Tyrol about her feelings at the very end. I can understand the major hesitancy towards her though, she put 2 bullets in the Admiral and even sided with Cavil against her own kind. I think she is one confused Cylon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider (View Post)
Instead she returned to us in a brand new body and viper (for the record, which I would like to have explained as well).
Definitely the viper needs to be explained, where the hell did it come from.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm with you Kat about the whole thing relating to Boomer and Tyrol/Boomer