Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-01-2009, 01:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

That puzzled me as well about Tyrol going back into the house, maybe he knew how to do it, learned from Boomer before she left..

Quote:
Originally Posted by massa (View Post)
Hey,

that Piano scene when one slowly gets the hint that its again "All Along the Watchtower" being played there gave me goosebumbs. Totally awesome scene and these cuts between the young Kara and the present one were awesome. Very moving and at the same time exciting.
Scenes like these are what makes BSG to a masterpiece, imo.
Massa!!!

I loved those scenes too
Old 03-01-2009, 05:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Wonder if we will get an answer to it
Old 03-01-2009, 05:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider (View Post)

Kara could be Daniel. Cavil did mess with the amniotic fluid -- perhaps changing the DNA. There is a very small difference at the chromozone level from a female to a male DNA pattern. Cavil could have changed that. Explains why "Daniel" is now a girl, and why Kara "resurrected". Kara is also very artistic. And Anders did see light around all 4 of them (2 episodes ago); perhaps that was a Cyclon glow...

Not sure why some are so sure Kara can't be a 7... they have been going out of their way to make people think/not think she is... they throw out a 13th model, so Kara is a cylon! Wait! It's name is Daniel, so she's not. Wait! Cavil says he tampered with the genetic makeup of the seven so now it could be anyone (ahem... Kara...).

Kara has to fit into the Cylon mythology somehow. From her drawings, to her death and resurrection, to her ability to "feel" the way to Earth. It's so obvious that the misdirects are the only thing from keeping everyone from seeing it coming a mile away.
That is a strong theory and I would not be surprised if you are correct

As for Galen - I think he learned on his own how to project.

Helo, I always thought only the Cylons could tell each other apart.
Someone on another board also said that since his blood was -uh flowing to other areas away from his brain, that unless Bommer did something completely uncharacteristic of Athena he couldn't have noticed the difference.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehrItAll (View Post)
Helo, I always thought only the Cylons could tell each other apart.
Someone on another board also said that since his blood was -uh flowing to other areas away from his brain, that unless Bommer did something completely uncharacteristic of Athena he couldn't have noticed the difference.
True
Old 03-02-2009, 05:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Very true about Helo

I keep playing 'All Along the Watchtower'
Old 03-02-2009, 05:37 AM
Loyal Fan

I keep playing "Heeding the call"
icon
Old 03-02-2009, 07:05 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

I'm still trying to figure out what exactly was going on in this episode Shows me to not watch BSG when I didn't get enough sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_diamond (View Post)
Kara - oh wow, I knew the piano player was her father, had an inkling from a little in the eppy, but then have it confirmed, well it made me happy lol. I loved the little blackflashes we got with Kara and her father, my mind never actually thought about The song until Kara and her father started playing, and when I saw Tigh recognise the song, I thought OMG he can't be. Now it seems she was the one who woke the FF up, how does she know it?, if she the God that the cylons have been talking about?
At first I thought the song would turn out to be Metamorphosis V from the Caprica Flashbacks in season 1, figured out the guy had to be Kara's father pretty soon though. The flashbacks were great and KS once again outdid herself - how about an Emmy nod? (most likely not going to happen, but anyhow)

Quote:
Tyrol/Boomer - Now I'm so glad we got back to their story, but Tyrol oh Tyrol what have you done!, I loved the cylon connection that we saw between them, but when Tyrol thought the the plan, I just thought oh this could not go well at all and it didn't, heck meck. Shouldn't have trust her I don't think. Now where the hell has she gone and where the hell is Hera, which leads me too..
I had a bad feeling about Boomer's intentions right from when she came back with Ellen, can't wait to see how it all plays out. I wonder how Helo and Athena will react now that Hera's with (most likely) Cavil.

Kudos to Grace Park and Aaron Douglas as well, they both did a fantastic job in this episode

Very worried about Laura right now, she was barely holding it together and when she collapsed later on Things sure don't look good for her right now

Overall, a very good episode, but I think I have to re-watch the episode tonight, don't think I caught everything last night
Old 03-02-2009, 07:13 AM
Loyal Fan

I rewatched it with RDM's podcast
icon
Old 03-02-2009, 09:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think you are right about Helo

I can't hate Boomer, she has always been one of my favorites. She has a really frakked up life. Of course that doesn't excuse her actions and she probably has to pay for it like they all do (well except if you're Tori).

I honestly don't know how Tyrol is going to live with himself after all this

Laura|
Old 03-02-2009, 11:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I keep playing 'All Along the Watchtower'
Me too
Old 03-02-2009, 01:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by globe2912 (View Post)
:

At first I thought the song would turn out to be Metamorphosis V from the Caprica Flashbacks in season 1, figured out the guy had to be Kara's father pretty soon though. The flashbacks were great and KS once again outdid herself - how about an Emmy nod? (most likely not going to happen, but anyhow)

Very worried about Laura right now, she was barely holding it together and when she collapsed later on Things sure don't look good for her right now
That what I thought too Nad about the song, I was waiting for it to come in and then when it changed to that, I thought well I wasn't expecting that

You and me both about Laura Nad
Old 03-02-2009, 02:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Metamorphosis is such an awesome song
Old 03-03-2009, 09:12 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
That what I thought too Nad about the song, I was waiting for it to come in and then when it changed to that, I thought well I wasn't expecting that
I think all of us wanted that, I know I did...I was hoping for that distinct piano sound that Phillip Glass brings in Metamorphosis V...best rainy day music soundtrack of all time Oh well, Watchtower piano version works for me

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I thought it sounded awesome on the piano, so chillin'
Old 03-03-2009, 10:16 AM
New Fan

I am new to posting- normally I just read/lurk! I was thinking that maybe Kara's dad is actually Daniel- the artistic, sensitive cylon that Cavill boxed? Maybe Kara is actually the first hybrid, not Hera. It does not explain why she was found dead on earth, but I was really feeling my theory on her dad being Daniel. He fit the profile!