Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-27-2009, 09:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh MY gods! BSG made my jaw drop tonight! I was on the edge of my seat.

Hera was taken! This must be the Opera house vision. I hope Laura is not dead. I hope she just fainted.

What is up with Kara's musical vision? What does it mean?
When her dad touched her face and I realized it was her dad I thought they would kiss and was like, "Don't, it's your dad!" and then it wasn't even that, it was her imagination. That is when my jaw droped.
lol when Tigh heard the tune and was like, "What the frak?"

And poor Athena! Being beat up and then having to watch her husband with Boomer. I have no sympathy for Boomer. She should be tried to the fullest extent of the law. And Chief was so played! Frak! Do you think he will confess to helping her escape? He looked like he felt guilty but will he man up?

Grace Park is just amazing how she plays both Athena and Boomer. She is just amazing and really makes it feel like 2 very different people. I demand an Emmy nod for her!
When Athena came in all beaten up and then she was hitting Helo, great performance. Her daughter was taken and I bet some of that hitting was anger at him for not seeing the difference.
And going back to season 1 - he slept with Athena thinking it was Boomer and now slept with Boomer thinking it was Athena. Oh the guilt he must feel.

I am still all revved up and shocked.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
And going back to season 1 - he slept with Athena thinking it was Boomer and now slept with Boomer thinking it was Athena. Oh the guilt he must feel.
Nice pick up on that one.

Quote:
When Athena came in all beaten up and then she was hitting Helo, great performance. Her daughter was taken and I bet some of that hitting was anger at him for not seeing the difference.
I felt so bad for both of them. I really hope athena can get past this.

And poor chief. You can see he loves boomer so much. Darn you boomer.

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
Old 02-28-2009, 01:00 AM
Loyal Fan

That was such an intence episode!!! I just watched it and my hands are shaking as I'm writing this... Just.... holy frak!!!
How did Kara and her father play that song?
How did Hera know the notes of that exact song?
What happened to Laura? She looked in a very bad shape before fainting... I hope she'll be ok
How the hell did Chief let Boomer use him so badly???
What will happen to Galactica now that Boomer took a huge part of her while jumping so close?
Again this eppy leaves us with many many questions and of course the tension of waiting 1 more week to find out....
icon
Old 02-28-2009, 04:58 AM
Elite Fan

Epic Motherfrakkin' episode!

It was brilliant from start to finish.

I knew Kara's father was somehow connected to her destiny and the big picture. He was totally sexy too. And Hera giving her the song! Wow. When it turned out to be AAtW I was like

Poor Kara when she realized it was a hallucination

And Poor Chief being played like that.

Ugh, this show. What the frak are we supposed to do when it's over?

Last edited by -res cogitans-; 02-28-2009 at 05:04 AM
Old 02-28-2009, 05:08 AM
Loyal Fan

Oh, I'm loving your icon! That's when we actually realised it was AAtW, right?
icon
Old 02-28-2009, 05:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

, AWESOME!

OH MY GODDDD!!!!!!, where to begin, my mind is swimming with thoughts at the moment.

Kara - oh wow, I knew the piano player was her father, had an inkling from a little in the eppy, but then have it confirmed, well it made me happy lol. I loved the little blackflashes we got with Kara and her father, my mind never actually thought about The song until Kara and her father started playing, and when I saw Tigh recognise the song, I thought OMG he can't be. Now it seems she was the one who woke the FF up, how does she know it?, if she the God that the cylons have been talking about?,

Tyrol/Boomer - Now I'm so glad we got back to their story, but Tyrol oh Tyrol what have you done!, I loved the cylon connection that we saw between them, but when Tyrol thought the the plan, I just thought oh this could not go well at all and it didn't, heck meck. Shouldn't have trust her I don't think. Now where the hell has she gone and where the hell is Hera, which leads me too..

Hera/Laura - Now I was getting very worried at the beginning for Laura, the shaking and what not, very worried indeed, and now we all know she is connected to Hera because of the bloody transfusion, and Hera is connected to the FF somehow. With Laura collapsing, they have to find Here and quick smart.. Bill can't live without her..

Crew - THe Galactica is barely holding it together at the moment, eek. Glad we saw Helo this week and lovely Helo/Starbuck moment, but oh Helo, naughty, naughty . Tigh is still in hell, poor guy and also the cylons/human mixing together at the flight meeting, so cool.

Hurry up next eppy, need to know Laura is going to be ok..

Quote:
Originally Posted by -res cogitans- (View Post)

Ugh, this show. What the frak are we supposed to do when it's over?
Go into therapy
Old 02-28-2009, 07:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh my gods

Why Boomer
Old 02-28-2009, 10:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Boomer, what did you do?!? I can understand that she's bitter after everything that has happened but I was kinda hoping for a good ending for her and Tyrol.

I had a bad feeling when Tyrol wanted to break Boomer out of the brig. I wonder what happens when/if the others find out about his part in her escape. He might be in trouble.

Starbuck-centric episodes are my favorites and every time Katee gets to show her acting skills, is good. The opening shot was beautiful. When she recognized that the piano man was her father, that's when it hit me as well. I was thinking that he might be but I wasn't sure until that moment.

Tigh's face when he heard the song, was hilarious And for a minute I thought he recognized Kara as his daughter (I've had this theory)

Speaking of that song, I got chills when 'All Along the Watchtower' started to play.

Finally some Kara/Helo friendship time! But how come Helo didn't realize that it wasn't Athena?

Laura|
Old 02-28-2009, 10:11 AM
Loyal Fan

That was an absolutely beautiful and amazing episode!
Definitely my favorite of this season at the moment.
Major kudos to Katee Sackhoff, Aaron Douglas and Grace Park. Their acting was fantastic especially KS.

Some of my favorite parts of the episode were the beginning of the episode when Kara was going through the motions of her now everyday life, her interactions with the piano guy character, they have good chemistry together and also, her cute conversation with Hera and of course I was so happy we got Kara and Helo interacting in this eppy. I so wish I got a BFF as Helo.

I didn't think I could love Kara more but this episode made my love for her grow exponentially.
She broke my heart several times during this eppy when she was so sad at Sam's bedside, when she said she stopped playing the piano after her father left, she looked so broken and then, when she realized that the piano guy was indeed her father and the look on her face, she was so happy and then, heartbroken at the same time as she realized he was not real and he was going to disappear. awww Oh Kara.

I love that we learned more about Kara's childhood and the flashbacks we got of her when she was a child and how the music was intertwined in this episode so naturally and IMO the most amazing scene of this entire eppy was watching Kara and her HeadDad character playing the "All Along the Watchtower" song and then, Tigh reaction was so funny.

Poor Chief, Athena and Helo. I didn't like how Roslin was so dismissive of Chief though I am hoping Roslin is OK next eppy, she did not look well.

Athena is so going to want to kill Boomer and her desperate cry at the end with Helo was heartbreaking. One little thing I didn't like about this eppy is that the sex scene between Helo and Boomer was so long, was it really necessary?

Kara:"Starbuck to all vipers-- do not fire... repeat, do not fire! I am a friendly, okay? We're all friendlies. So, let's just... be friendly."
Old 02-28-2009, 10:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy (View Post)
Speaking of that song, I got chills when 'All Along the Watchtower' started to play.
God that gave me the chills so badly as well Still getting chills from it
Old 02-28-2009, 12:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy (View Post)

I had a bad feeling when Tyrol wanted to break Boomer out of the brig. I wonder what happens when/if the others find out about his part in her escape. He might be in trouble.

when Tyrol did that, I did sense something bad was going to happen, see Tyrol, should have listened to Laura

Laura, my jaw literally dropped when Kara started to play 'All Along the Watchtower'
Old 02-28-2009, 12:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That song is an awesome song but when Kara played it, it was so but mostly because of who was playing it
Old 02-28-2009, 12:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by vm85 (View Post)

Some of my favorite parts of the episode were the beginning of the episode when Kara was going through the motions of her now everyday life, her interactions with the piano guy character

I love that we learned more about Kara's childhood and the flashbacks we got of her when she was a child and how the music was intertwined in this episode so naturally
I loved all that , cool to see some Kara backstory...
Old 02-28-2009, 02:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I've still got chills from it
Old 02-28-2009, 05:03 PM
Elite Fan

I loved the beginning montage too. It was so well put together. The tedious and mundane repetitions life has boiled down to and the resulting melancholy atmosphere were so perfectly complemented by the piano. The combination of the two came together in a perfect cadence.