Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-31-2008, 03:27 AM
Supreme Fan

Fieryangel & Strider, I LOVE your avatars!!!
icon by ℓυριтα
Old 03-31-2008, 09:22 AM
Part-Time Fan

Keep me a place in the shipper bubble

I don't care if i'm on denial land because it is a happy place
Old 03-31-2008, 10:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovecat (View Post)
I'm gonna live in my shippy bubble where Lee and Kare live happily ever after until I'm proven wrong I know BSG is dark and happy endings aren't likely, but these two just HAVE to be together in the end. Specially considering how dark and realistic BSG is, they can be the light at the end of the tunnel, a little bit of happiness in the middle of all the chaos I have faith in the writers when it comes to them. I'm sure I'll love whatever happens though, 'cause BSG is awesome and it hasn't disappointed me so far.
I'm okey as long as there's hope, really I know happy ending is not Kara but I'm optimistic about this. If it doesn't end the way we want, as long as there's hope, fic writers can write the perfect ending for them.

If we have to wait until 2009 before their story is told, I don't know what I'm going to do....

Laura|
Old 03-31-2008, 10:53 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artima Bale (View Post)
I agree! Lee/Kara all the way! Though don't anyone hit me, Kara/Anders isn't all that bad, except that Lee just understand Kara better than Anders does.
I think they both understand her equally. They both just bring out...different sides of her though. I think Anders has a more calming effect on her, and Lee...well, you can't deny their chemistry, but I think their past has a lot to do with that.

Btw, I like your signature.

Join the John Mayer campaign!
Old 03-31-2008, 11:35 AM
Part-Time Fan

Yea, that's a good point. Except that I think because Lee has more history with her he understands the fact that she tends to be so self-destructive in her relationships. Anders just desperately loves her so much he'll put up with anything.

Heh, thanks. I love your avatar!

Aliit ori'shya taldin. "Family is more than bloodline." - Mandalorian saying
Old 03-31-2008, 11:43 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovecat (View Post)
I'm gonna live in my shippy bubble where Lee and Kare live happily ever after until I'm proven wrong I know BSG is dark and happy endings aren't likely, but these two just HAVE to be together in the end. Specially considering how dark and realistic BSG is, they can be the light at the end of the tunnel, a little bit of happiness in the middle of all the chaos I have faith in the writers when it comes to them. I'm sure I'll love whatever happens though, 'cause BSG is awesome and it hasn't disappointed me so far.
I'm with you.

Icon
Old 03-31-2008, 01:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Except that I think because Lee has more history with her he understands the fact that she tends to be so self-destructive in her relationships. Anders just desperately loves her so much he'll put up with anything.
I agree. I don't think Sam understands her, I just think he's willing to put up with her actions because he loves her, no matter how much it hurts him. With Lee it's different, he sees right through her and knows her maybe better than she does herself, which scares her. That's why it's "less scary" to be with Sam than with Lee for Kara, 'cause Sam won't question what she does, and that's comfortable for her. Lee challenges her and it unsettles her.
Old 03-31-2008, 02:09 PM
Addicted Fan

I agree, but only to a certain degree. I think Sam really does just accept the things that Kara does but I think he also understands them, which is a big part of why he just lets it all go. Lee also understands her in a way she barely even undstands herself, but he challenges her to change and to be...better I guess. I think the challenging works both ways actually. Lee wants her to be "better" and Kara wants Lee to accept that not everything is as black and white as he likes to paint it. If that makes sense.

I also had a quick question for everyone who's seen the extended 'Unfinished Business':

How many of you thought that the extended cut is what should have been shown to begin with? I know I felt like there were same major things dealt with that probably could have been left in for clarity's sake.
Old 04-01-2008, 12:07 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancientshadows (View Post)
I also had a quick question for everyone who's seen the extended 'Unfinished Business':

How many of you thought that the extended cut is what should have been shown to begin with? I know I felt like there were same major things dealt with that probably could have been left in for clarity's sake.
*raises hand* The extended version makes a lot of things going on clearer and provides us with a new perspective, not only on the Lee/Kara part but also in regards to Lee/Dee (not that I like their marriage now, but it certainly provides us with a different perspective to Dee's site of the relationship as well).

I don't have the time right now to get into all the details, but Lee's little speech after they shouted their "I love you's" to the stars is so important to understand why they are so at odds with each others later, it adds even more depth to the situation IMO.
Old 04-01-2008, 06:12 AM
Loyal Fan

Hi everyone

I'm absent for a couple of days and the world comes crashing in!!! Kara doesn't get a happy ending?!?!? That sucks.

In that case, I'm reserving my place in the denial bubble too. It's a much happier place to be and not just a river in egypt.

I keep hearing about these extended scenes from Unfinished Business that are on the DVD. I'm thinking I might have to buy this dvd box set.

Not long to go now people. And I for one am choosing to live in the realm of hope, i'm going to wait til the end to think the worst. For now, I'm happy hoping that any 'spoilers' the creators have 'leaked' were 'foilers'

Good night, and good luck.
xx Ally

Because to me... it's poetry
Old 04-01-2008, 09:43 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yea, that's a good point. Except that I think because Lee has more history with her he understands the fact that she tends to be so self-destructive in her relationships. Anders just desperately loves her so much he'll put up with anything.
Yeah, unfortunately, that's true and will probably make the whole triangle more complicated, if that's even possible.

Quote:
I agree. I don't think Sam understands her, I just think he's willing to put up with her actions because he loves her, no matter how much it hurts him. With Lee it's different, he sees right through her and knows her maybe better than she does herself, which scares her. That's why it's "less scary" to be with Sam than with Lee for Kara, 'cause Sam won't question what she does, and that's comfortable for her. Lee challenges her and it unsettles her.
I can actually agree with that last statement...I don't think Lee really "challenges" Kara in anything though, I've seen a couple of you mention that. He just...doesn't put up with her, and tells her to her face when he thinks she's doing something wrong and he calls her out on it. You can tell it upsets her when she sees that he's disappointed in her, and I think that's what brings out the "better" in her.

ETA: I haven't seen the extended scene, so I can't comment on it.

Join the John Mayer campaign!
Old 04-01-2008, 12:35 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by **SuperGirl** (View Post)
Yeah, unfortunately, that's true and will probably make the whole triangle more complicated, if that's even possible.

I can actually agree with that last statement...I don't think Lee really "challenges" Kara in anything though, I've seen a couple of you mention that. He just...doesn't put up with her, and tells her to her face when he thinks she's doing something wrong and he calls her out on it. You can tell it upsets her when she sees that he's disappointed in her, and I think that's what brings out the "better" in her.

ETA: I haven't seen the extended scene, so I can't comment on it.
Kara needs to be told straight to her face when she's doing something that either doesn't make sense or someone doesn't like what she's doing. That's the best way to get through to her, that's why after New Caprica Adama had to push her out of her chair to get her to realize she needed to snap out of it and get back to work. That's her language, and Lee understands that. Otherwise they wouldn't have had a knock down drag out fight in the boxing ring and then have everything be ok between them, hehe. I don't think Anders would have gotten into that boxing ring, he thinks that if he leaves Kara alone she'll realize he loves her and will go back to him. Lee knows he has to call Kara on it.

I'm currently in negotiations with my mom and dad to get them to buy S3 so I can watch the extended version.

Old 04-02-2008, 07:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider (View Post)
Since you didn't get to watch the preview last night, Ron and David said it several times, that Kara's ending will "not be happy one", as in no Kara/Lee at the end, that it wouldn't serve the character of Kara Thrace. If she was goign to survive, that she'll be smoking a cigar, sitting alone watching the sunset.
Gah what's the point then if they just come out and tell us there is no happy ending? That really sucks. I mean I will still watch but the fun and the excitement just came screeching out of me. If anything the fact that Kara has been tortured and alone her whole life, and really on screen, you'd think they'd give her/us something, but to just out loud tell us, nope ain't going to happen, just really makes me sad. Plus reading Ausiello Report (for those that do, I don't want to spoil) didn't help matters.

My K/L shipper heart feels very weak, if not a little broken right now. I guess that's for the best... I guess.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:01 PM
Addicted Fan

^ Agreed. Why would they just come out and tell us something like that? It removes some of our investment in the character. So strange of them to do that.

Quote:
The extended version makes a lot of things going on clearer and provides us with a new perspective, not only on the Lee/Kara part but also in regards to Lee/Dee (not that I like their marriage now, but it certainly provides us with a different perspective to Dee's site of the relationship as well).

I don't have the time right now to get into all the details, but Lee's little speech after they shouted their "I love you's" to the stars is so important to understand why they are so at odds with each others later, it adds even more depth to the situation IMO.
That's pretty much exactly what I was thinking. It cleared up some things about Lee/Dee and what Lee said after they shouted their I love yous really did make so much about their relationship that much clearer.

Have you guys seen this:

What the Frak is Going On? | Catch Up to Season Four | Battlestar Galactica | SCIFI.COM

It's a recap of seasons one through three. It's really fun to watch, very funny and it makes several comments on Lee and Kara.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clooney's lova (View Post)
My K/L shipper heart feels very weak, if not a little broken right now. I guess that's for the best... I guess.
I'm with you. But I'm still trying to hold out hope! I mean, they can't be THAT horrible to Kara, can they? Because after all she's been through she deserves some small measure of happiness, even if it's not with Lee, she should have it somehow.