Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-19-2008, 07:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'll go add you
Old 03-20-2008, 04:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

It was so cute to see these two standing next to each other last night on David Letterman, especially with them in costume (although I love that we got the accent). Anyone know of any other (real) press they are doing? I don't want to miss anything.

I can't wait for new episodes. Has anyone seen the extended episode? I should be watching it tonight, hopefully. I loved reading in EW how they thought that having more backstory on the Lee/Kara love story (this is not a direct quote) was fraking awesome. Makes me think that EW likes L/K like we do.

I'm so anxious and excited. Ahh! Sorry I just had to get that out.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:00 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clooney's lova (View Post)
It was so cute to see these two standing next to each other last night on David Letterman, especially with them in costume (although I love that we got the accent).
I'm going to find that on youtube soon

Quote:
Anyone know of any other (real) press they are doing? I don't want to miss anything.
No, but I'll make sure to update with any news as soon as we find out at the news/info thread on the board.

Quote:
I can't wait for new episodes. Has anyone seen the extended episode? I should be watching it tonight, hopefully. I loved reading in EW how they thought that having more backstory on the Lee/Kara love story (this is not a direct quote) was fraking awesome. Makes me think that EW likes L/K like we do.
My S3 DVD set hasn't arrived yet, not sure about anyone else here that's ordered it. If you are the first (it seems that way) to watch it, let us know.

Quote:
I'm so anxious and excited. Ahh! Sorry I just had to get that out.
No need to, we understand. I'm excited as well. It's really going to hit us next week, with the TV special and all and only being a week away from april 4th!

Plus we are starting our avatars/sigs campaign to promote awareness for S4 BSG here on the forums.

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Old 03-21-2008, 10:02 AM
Part-Time Fan

I watched the extended episode last night. Wow. Don't read below if you don't want to know. (Of course these are also just my thoughts mixed in with what happened).

It was even more obvious, I felt, that Kara really truly loves Lee and it scares her to death. They brought up Zack, (actually he was brought up twice), which was interesting, and there was a whole new intimacy to the scene where they shouted they "I love Kara Thrace/Kara Thrace loves Lee Adama." I just had to keep playing it over and over because it was so beautiful and so heartbreaking at the same time because you knew what Kara was going to do the next morning. Kara (beautifully played by Katee) asked Lee if he was sure she was what he really wanted, and it showed such vulnerability for Kara, that we rarely see, especially when juxtaposed with the fighter 'Starbuck' that we get in the 'not flash backs.' And the whole moment was just so beautiful, I don't want to say too much more because you should see it, but the chemistry was so rich that I almost hated when they went to another scene of anyone other than Lee/Kara.

I thought it was also interesting to listen to the commentary, although some of it was about editing (too much but that's just me being picky), and to also hear them talk about how great the chemistry is between these two characters.

It makes me truly think that they just have to be together. Not just in the end, but we have to get a real something between them, because it's so clear that's what they both want, and to not give the audience at least a little bit of that would be such a shame. I hope that we get real meaningful moments through out season 4 and not just in one or two episodes. There is such rich material between them that they haven't even fully explored. And I want Kara to tell Lee, even though I think he knows, why she had to run from him. And hopefully even more, I want Kara to be able to realize that she is worth loving, and worthy of love from Lee, and accept it and embrace it because it will be so so beautiful.

Wow. Long again. Apologies once again. I just absolutely loved the extended episode. My only wish was that it was all Kara/Lee. I love BSG, but these two own me.
Old 03-23-2008, 04:13 AM
Loyal Fan

I'm new

Hi there everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name's Ally, I'm from Sydney Australia and I've only just discovered the bliss that is Kara/Lee. I know, it's tragic. But I absolutely refused to watch BSG for reasons i wont get into but finally gave in to proddings from friends to watch with the promise of the hottest on screen couple ever! So finally, I watched a re-run and I was hooked. Lee and Kara are incredible.

So now i'm officially a starbuck/apollo shipper. And I would love to be added to the list.

I also have a question for you lovely people. Do you know where I can get episode clips of Kara and Lee?

Thanks everyone, and Hello
xx Ally

Because to me... it's poetry
Old 03-23-2008, 06:47 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Wow. Long again. Apologies once again. I just absolutely loved the extended episode. My only wish was that it was all Kara/Lee. I love BSG, but these two own me.
Well, I'm going to be watching it today. I didn't get to it last night, made it only through the regular version podcast commentary and all.

Quote:
So now i'm officially a starbuck/apollo shipper. And I would love to be added to the list.
No problem, you've been added to the list and welcome Ally

Quote:
also have a question for you lovely people. Do you know where I can get episode clips of Kara and Lee?
Other than the fan vids on youtube, I'm not sure about exact episode clips. I would actually caution against watching just clips of Kara/Lee b/c you won't be able to follow the new season as well. Maybe give the show, the entire a show a chance? You won't like everything I'm sure, but you'll probably like most

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Old 03-23-2008, 12:31 PM
Loyal Fan

So excited for April 4th!!!!

Syd&Vaughn Buffy&Spike Lee&Kara Michael&Maria
Old 03-23-2008, 09:39 PM
New Fan

Excited as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacekiddet32 (View Post)
So excited for April 4th!!!!
I just hope that the relationship will stay strong between Kara and Lee. It seems from the previews that Anders will be a support to Kara, but I hope that, after all they have been through together, Lee believes and supports Kara. I guess we will have to see...

Adama: Morning, Starbuck, what do you hear?
Starbuck: Nothin' but the rain.
Adama: Grab your gun and bring the cat in.
Starbuck: Aye-aye, sir.

Last edited by Kira321; 03-23-2008 at 09:45 PM Reason: remove special font and color on message
Old 03-23-2008, 10:42 PM
Addicted Fan

I don't think we should be too worried about Anders...
Old 03-23-2008, 11:16 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
No problem, you've been added to the list and welcome Ally
Thanks Strider, i appreciate it.

Quote:
Other than the fan vids on youtube, I'm not sure about exact episode clips. I would actually caution against watching just clips of Kara/Lee b/c you won't be able to follow the new season as well. Maybe give the show, the entire a show a chance? You won't like everything I'm sure, but you'll probably like most
Don't worry, I've already watched all the episodes in the last 3 seasons. I actually watched the entire third season over the easter break. And I was given the 2nd season on DVD for Christmas after a friend of mine got sick of hearing me whine about wanting to see it so badly I love Helo/Athena and Chief/Cally too. They're gorgeous. Not a big fan of Dee though, or Anders. I don't know if its my prejudice based on my Kara/Lee love or the fact that they really are annoying.

I'm actually wanting to make a fan vid myself and that's why I was after the clips. Thanks though.

Old 03-24-2008, 09:04 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
So excited for April 4th!!!
It's coming up fast. One week from this Friday

Quote:
I just hope that the relationship will stay strong between Kara and Lee. It seems from the previews that Anders will be a support to Kara, but I hope that, after all they have been through together, Lee believes and supports Kara. I guess we will have to see...
Yes, in the beginning it looks like Kara goes back to Anders. Well it's a 20 episode season, a lot can happen, I wouldn't read into it.

Quote:
Adama: Morning, Starbuck, what do you hear?
Starbuck: Nothin' but the rain.
Adama: Grab your gun and bring the cat in.
Starbuck: Aye-aye, sir.
Probably my favorite little exchange of the show, back from the mini-series

Welcome to the forum and to the board btw Hope you visit us, and if you have questions, make sure you check out the info center board. It's very helpful for newbies.

Quote:
Thanks Strider, i appreciate it.
No problem, you can call me Alex if you'd like. My name

Quote:
Don't worry, I've already watched all the episodes in the last 3 seasons. I actually watched the entire third season over the easter break. And I was given the 2nd season on DVD for Christmas after a friend of mine got sick of hearing me whine about wanting to see it so badly I love Helo/Athena and Chief/Cally too. They're gorgeous. Not a big fan of Dee though, or Anders. I don't know if its my prejudice based on my Kara/Lee love or the fact that they really are annoying
Oh, OK. I got the wrong impression, which is good that you've seen it all and are a fan of the show too, not just Kara/Lee.

I'm not a shipper person myself, I rather enjoy pretty much all the characters (minus Baltar and Romo) but I am very found of Helo/Athena. I just love the against all "odds" relationship they've had since S1.

Quote:
I'm actually wanting to make a fan vid myself and that's why I was after the clips. Thanks though.
Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, I'm not a vid maker at all. Maybe someone who makes them can help you out with clips. Good luck in making your own.

Old 03-25-2008, 04:06 AM
Loyal Fan

Thanks Alex, I appreciate the help. You all seem so nice here.

I love Athena/Helo too. You're right, it's definately the against all 'odds' aspect that just makes me swoon. I love the idea of two people making it when it's just them against the world - or universe - whatever the case may be.

xx Ally

Old 03-26-2008, 07:09 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Thanks Alex, I appreciate the help. You all seem so nice here.
We are a friendly bunch, but that's most of the boards on the site in general

Things will pick up next week when S4 starts

Old 03-26-2008, 09:13 PM
Addicted Fan

Welcome to the thread Ally

I'm super excited, I finally got the Season Three DVDs and I'm going to be watching that extended Unfinished Business tonight. Plus season four is getting closer and closer!
Old 03-27-2008, 04:21 AM
Part-Time Fan

Welcome Ally

I know there has been a lot of talks about how everyone is going to react to Kara's return but i'm also wondering how Kara will react to the new Lee. I mean not only to the fact that he became a civilian again but also that he contributed to Baltar being freed. I'm just wondering if they'll adress that (in the middle of all the confusion about whether or not she's a cylon )