Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-27-2008, 04:48 AM
Loyal Fan

Hi everyone,

Thanks to ancientshadows and vicotine for the welcome.

I don't know if any of you have already seen it, and i can't even remember where i saw it. But I saw a season 4 promo banner on a battlestar galactica website and it said something along the lines of 'will lee's unwavering faith in starbuck threaten his relationship with his father'... now that's not word for word, and it was an official banner. I just can't remember where i saw it.
Thought you all might like to know that. But you've probably seen it too.

xx

Because to me... it's poetry
Old 03-29-2008, 06:35 AM
Elite Fan

Well, from the "starbuck" teaser trailer we know she's going to have a hard time when the season begins.

Think about it, her ship was seen destroyed and she was missing for days/weeks? and she shows up? Everyone's first thought will be...she's a cylon, wheather she actually turns out to be one is irrelevant as she will not be trusted

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Old 03-29-2008, 12:04 PM
Obsessed Fan

AAAH! There is an extended version of the BEST. episode ever!

I need to see that. Thanks for the info though.
Old 03-29-2008, 03:01 PM
Master Fan

Okay, so I watched the extended Unfinished Business last night and I just about died. The episode was so great before, but this was just better. It still hurts me every time when Lee finds out Kara got married, and just love the end when they just let them selves go and finally tell each other that they missed them. Guh, great episode.
Old 03-29-2008, 05:59 PM
Elite Fan

Since you didn't get to watch the preview last night, Ron and David said it several times, that Kara's ending will "not be happy one", as in no Kara/Lee at the end, that it wouldn't serve the character of Kara Thrace. If she was goign to survive, that she'll be smoking a cigar, sitting alone watching the sunset.

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:07 PM
Master Fan

Way to ruin a moment Alex! So what if it's not going to be a happy ending her Kara, that's why there's fic!
Old 03-29-2008, 10:08 PM
Elite Fan

Why did I ruin it? Ron Moore and David Eick ruined it, I am just the messenger. Are we Greeks, or Romans? Do we kill the messenger? Are you an emperor of some kind

I'm just throwing it out there, to "soften" the blow if they do not get a happy ending, which they said was highly unlikely, but not impossible.

Old 03-29-2008, 10:12 PM
Master Fan

Uh, I say we are Capricans. And we shoot the messenger.

No, I know they ruin everything, but that doesn't mean one can't hope.
Old 03-30-2008, 06:58 AM
Elite Fan

That's not nice

You can hope but remember that it's BSG, one of the darkest, most realistic shows out there, and Ron and David have tortured Kara/Lee fans for 3 seasons.

Old 03-30-2008, 01:07 PM
Master Fan

I know, I know. It's just easier sometimes to live in dream lands than reality.
Old 03-30-2008, 02:57 PM
Elite Fan

I guess that's why we balance each other out You are the dreamer and I'm the realist...

Old 03-30-2008, 03:14 PM
Master Fan

Maybe. But you know, whatever does happen, it'll probably be for the best.
Old 03-30-2008, 06:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm gonna live in my shippy bubble where Lee and Kare live happily ever after until I'm proven wrong I know BSG is dark and happy endings aren't likely, but these two just HAVE to be together in the end. Specially considering how dark and realistic BSG is, they can be the light at the end of the tunnel, a little bit of happiness in the middle of all the chaos I have faith in the writers when it comes to them. I'm sure I'll love whatever happens though, 'cause BSG is awesome and it hasn't disappointed me so far.
Old 03-30-2008, 07:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

I agree! Lee/Kara all the way! Though don't anyone hit me, Kara/Anders isn't all that bad, except that Lee just understand Kara better than Anders does.

P.S. I'm kinda new here, I just found this thread because I did a search on Lee/Kara quotes to send to my boyfriend because he's just finishing up watching season 2.5 that I loaned to him. :]

Aliit ori'shya taldin. "Family is more than bloodline." - Mandalorian saying
Old 03-30-2008, 11:21 PM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovecat (View Post)
I'm gonna live in my shippy bubble where Lee and Kare live happily ever after until I'm proven wrong
*Joins Tar in her shipper bubble*

Seriously, my S3 DVD set finally arrived on Saturday How amazing is the uncut version of Unfinished Business? (And not only because of the L/K scenes). Totally worth the wait and I'm so glad they decided to give us extended version

Welcome Artima Bale