Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-07-2008, 08:19 AM
Loyal Fan

Subject -- Thanks for the gold star. Where does the quote in your sig come from?

sillytwoshoes -- Now that you pointed it out, that sounds plausible too.

It's going to be fun finding out what's going on.

Last edited by =-Kathy->; 04-07-2008 at 09:04 AM
Old 04-07-2008, 08:38 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
We don't know if Sharon didn't recognize them. Maybe she did and chose not to reveal their identity
That's what I kind of thought too, that she possibly recognized Sam and the Chief as cylons but chose not to mention it to them for whatever reason. Maybe she didn't trust her own feelings, maybe she didn't want to upset them right before a pretty crucial battle by letting them know that she knew their secret or maybe she just assumed that they didn't know themselves. Or she just generally felt that the Final Five are close but can't identify them directly as persons.
Quote:
I thought of the Anders scene as the raider was reading everyone and when it found him, one of the final cylons, it told all the other raiders, the other 7 models and the centurians that one of the final five is in the fleet.
I'm not really sure about this but I think somehow that the raider just communicated the other raiders that at least one of the Final Five is in the fleet right now and that Six (and maybe any other Significant Seven model as well) just sensed the presence of the Final Five independent from the raiders. But I'm also not really sure how the raiders and the humanoid cylons communicate.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:51 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider (View Post)
We don't know if Sharon didn't recognize them. Maybe she did and chose not to reveal their identity They just didn't show us anything, normally a premiere is supposed to answer questions, but BSG S4 Premiere did nothing of that sort. It raised about 2 times as many new questions. Which is one aspect of the show I don't agree with, continually answering a questions with 2new ones
Lost is so much worse, IMO. BSG reveals things along the way and I don't feel they will be leaving us hanging at the end.

I think of cylons like computers. A computer can be booted and running but may not have networking communications turned on. Not all computers are running the same networking protocols or using the conventional configuration.

I am assuming that the cylons are using networking communications to be aware of each other within a certain radius. If a individual cylon had turned off the conventional port/protocol that was being used to "ping" them then they wouldn't show up.

The 4 new models may have been configured to listen on a certain "port" and when something came in on it ( represented by the music ) that activated a program that was running in the background ( subconscious ) that made them aware they are cylons. Maybe the fifth earth model wasn't configured that way.

On the other hand maybe all cylons or cylon models do not have the same recognition software or it may not be configured the same.

Who knows. The writers may not explain this fully to our satisfaction. For the time being I'm willing to go with the flow and enjoy.

Old 04-07-2008, 08:57 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lila Lila (View Post)
Or she just generally felt that the Final Five are close but can't identify them directly as persons.
I think this is a possibility.

Old 04-07-2008, 11:41 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillytwoshoes (View Post)
Since Sharon didn't recognize them as being Cylons, I assume no one but D'Anna recognizes their faces. But will the humanoid models begin to sense them in the way that the Raiders (and possibly the Centurions) can? Argh! So many questions!
Well, Six did say that they were programmed not to think about the final 5. That could be the same thing with Sharon, which is why she doesn't know what they are. Or at least remember... I loved the way they got all quiet when she approached though.

I don't think Sam is taking it very well that he's a cylon...of course, none of them are. But Tigh seems to almost be in denial about it, Tori just keeps it all to herself, Sam whines and complains and questions everything that goes wrong..and Tyrol doesn't seem to have changed a whole lot. He's still barking orders and almost feels like he's taken on the "leadship" position of the group.

On a side note...I could have done without Baltar the entire episode. His story really doesn't interest me right now, even if it might turn into something later. There's so much going on with the newly revealed cylons and with Kara's return...so I found it unimportant, and it could have waited.

Join the John Mayer campaign!
Old 04-07-2008, 02:13 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
I don't think Sam is taking it very well that he's a cylon...of course, none of them are. But Tigh seems to almost be in denial about it, Tori just keeps it all to herself, Sam whines and complains and questions everything that goes wrong..and Tyrol doesn't seem to have changed a whole lot. He's still barking orders and almost feels like he's taken on the "leadship" position of the group.
This might be s strange explanation but I sometimes think that it might have to do with Tigh and Tyrol having been in the military for quite some time (at least a decade for Tyrol and I don't know how many decades for Tigh) so they might have learned to function under extreme stress and just focus on what's important at the given moment, disregarding their personal feelings. Sam in contrast is still a nugget and still learning. I highly suspect that it might even have been his first or second time in a Viper during the battle. Add to that the stress from discovering being a cylon just like mere minutes before the battle and I can see that he's not dealing so well with the whole situation.
Quote:
On a side note...I could have done without Baltar the entire episode. His story really doesn't interest me right now, even if it might turn into something later. There's so much going on with the newly revealed cylons and with Kara's return...so I found it unimportant, and it could have waited.
I just think there was too much Baltar and that they could have cut several minutes of his scenes without really leaving too much out. But yeah, I was definitely more interested in Kara and the new cylons than Baltar and his harem.
Old 04-08-2008, 04:25 AM
Elite Fan

Screencaps are up at BSGMedia...enjoy

BSG Media - He That Believeth In Me
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:33 AM
Elite Fan

It's not a strange explanation...it's just my opinion. Sure, Anders is still new...but I really don't think he would have reacted the way he did if he didn't know he was a cylon. So, I think that still plays a big part.

Hey, at least Baltar shaved. One positive note for his appearance in the episode.

Old 04-08-2008, 04:01 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
It's not a strange explanation...it's just my opinion.
I didn't mean to refer to what you posted with the "strange explanation" but to what I said in reaction to it. Sorry if it came across wrong or as negative, it certainly wasn't meant that way.
And I don't mean to say that Sam's reaction could just be explained by being new to the military, I just thought that this might add a bit of extra stress to him just finding out being a cylon. I really don't know why but for some reason I always thought that he might take the revelation of being a cylon relatively better than the others but I guess I was wrong.
Quote:
Hey, at least Baltar shaved. One positive note for his appearance in the episode.
I almost forgot that James Callis actually looks quite nice without all the Jesus hair. Well, the long hair was somewhat ok until a certain point but the beard was just too much.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:51 AM
Elite Fan

It's okay, no harm done. I just hope next episode he toughens up a bit.

The long hair I can live with..but the facial hair and the robe was pushing it a bit.

Old 04-11-2008, 06:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by =-Kathy-> (View Post)
Subject Where does the quote in your sig come from?
Doctor Who aka The best show ever!

Last edited by Subject; 04-11-2008 at 07:00 PM
Old 04-13-2008, 12:10 AM
Elite Fan

Shameless plug by mike, and they already have a board here

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.