Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-05-2008, 06:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

It's been almost 24 hours, so I've forgotten a ton, but I think I can definitely say that I'm loving this first impression of season four. I wasn't in love with last season (I know! I'm sorry!) and something about the season finale left me a bit...disappointed. But this episode made up for all of that.

I really enjoyed the interaction between the Final Four (Almost Final Four?). It seemed a lot more natural than it had previously. Chief was seriously hardcore with Anders. Loved it.

The battle sequence looked amazing. I don't know if it's just been too long since I've watched the show, or if it really is better than ever. When Sam's eye started glowing, I freaked out. I mean, I knew he was a Cylon, but red glowiness is so final, you know?

I'm not sure how I feel about the Starbuck storyline right now. I think I'll enjoy the story, it's just...I'm not sure. I guess Kara's character seems so drastically different. She just seems so much more like Leoben and Six. Obviously, that's where the character has to go; it just felt a little jarring to me. First she comes out of her Viper like the old Starbuck, joking around and then she's talking about intuition and gripping her head and it's just so different. I totally get it, and I know I'll be right on board with it soon, but for now it doesn't quite feel real to me.

I've never been a huge Baltar fan, but that scene in the head was intense. Amazing, amazing job by James. And I loved the crazy ninja moves by the cult lady. Awesome all around.

The fangirl in me has to say it: OMG ATHENA! I squeed, I can't lie. Same with Helo. I missed those two so much. And both of the Sixes, apparently, because my heart raced a little when I saw them. I love my Cylons.
Old 04-05-2008, 08:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Great season opener.

I so think shooting Adama was Tigh's fears and not a foreshadowing.

I laughed when Chief kept telling Anders to get in his frakkin' viper and do his job!.

Quote:
Did the raider just react because it was Anders but then what about all the times he was in battle? It must have reacted to the knowledge that he now knew of his true self.
I think so too.

What a cliffhanger to leave it on but you know Kara won't shoot Laura.
I believe Kara. They are going the wrong way. But how will Kara get them to turn around.

Baltar's cult group freaks me out
And thank heavens he shaved. Now can he cut his hair?
Although I am not sure I believed him when he prayed to have his life taken instead. He sounded like he was being selfish and just wanted to die and have his misery end already.
Old 04-05-2008, 08:39 PM
Master Fan

I have to agree with Mike on this one, I am really beginning to think that Baltar is the last cylon.
Old 04-05-2008, 09:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fieryangel (View Post)
I have to agree with Mike on this one, I am really beginning to think that Baltar is the last cylon.
You've just made me the happiest man on Earth!
Old 04-05-2008, 09:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Although I am not sure I believed him when he prayed to have his life taken instead. He sounded like he was being selfish and just wanted to die and have his misery end already.

but yet I still love him.
Old 04-05-2008, 09:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subject (View Post)
You've just made me the happiest man on Earth!
I'm sure I did. I was thinking about this the other day though. It just seems to fit.
Old 04-05-2008, 10:04 PM
Elite Fan

First, I have to say it was a good episode, but not great. BSG has been great before. Maybe the show has reached it's peak and now will just level off?

Favorite Scene:

[QUOTE]
Tyrol:Get that bird in the tube. Frak all these nuggets. C'mon, mama's not gonna save you now....you want to fly or not!

Anders: Hey, this is crazy! What if there's a switch inside my head that turns me against my own

Tyrol: Frak it...shut the frak up...be the man you want to be until the day you die

Anders: I don't know who the frak I am right now!

Tyrol: You're Samuel T. Anders, that‘s what you‘ve got to remember, (Athena walks up to them, in mid-sentence, takes a look at Tyrol than Anders) ...Samuel T. Anders. Now get the frak in your ship!

Athena: Who else would he be? Kernel, stay cool out there. You lock in and do what you’ve been trained to do.

Anders: This is like suiting up for a champion game, right?

Athena:Yeah, that's right. Good hunting!

Tyrol and Anders give each other the "Frak Me" look and then Tyrol turns in Athena’s direction and looks as if he's swallowed a live bullfrog..

Anders: Well, she didn't notice anything maybe the others won't either.

Tyrol: Yeah, well don't wait to find out. Shoot first. Get the frak in there and go kill something!

First thing is...who talks like that Great dialogue writting in the show as usual.

I'm glad the episode picked up in real time from S3 finale. Space Battle with the Galactica, Cylon Base Stars was awesome, as I was watching the amazing sound/visuals I was thinking...Yeah, there goes half the budget...I expect a whole episode soon that will take place in the BSG "bar" where they play cards, get drunk and punch each other out b/c they spent all the money on this awesome space battle...and it was amazing. Feature film like special effects. Emmy anyone? Better win it or else!

I wasn't Kara's biggest fan in this episode. Yes it's understanding she'd be very upset that everyone was so suspicious, but she'd do the same if someone else had been in her place. I wanted to see a friendship scene with Kara/Helo and that didn't really happen. All we got was a disgruntled Gaeta walking away

When Tigh shot Bill Adama, for a moment I had a "I can't believe they just killed the old man moment" and then I realized it had to be a daydream or vision. That was brilliantly done.

I don't get this "new Lee" but I'm willing to give the writers a break, and let it develop a bit more before I criticize like I want to. Personally, Lee is still on my crap list with Baltar from S3 and will probably stay there, until he committs self sacrifice and dies heroically in a viper saving the Galactica. I loved how that scene was shot in the Tactical room, with Lee looking at the gun camera footage sitting on one end, and Bill on the other. The distance will be great b/c Bill still feels that Lee betrayed him and Saul at the trial.

I am very curious to find out what actually took place with the eye scan between the Raider and Sam Anders. Did the Raider activate a programming, telling everyone to pull out b/c there are "friendlies" in the fight, or did it actually activate something in Sam? I guess wait and see, but I really enjoyed Sam and his scenes. Michael stepped up,along with Aaron. They are my two favorite cylons of the new models...not a fan of Tigh or Tory yet...must be the 4 letter deal and the letter T?

The whole deal with the viper it's very strange, I wonder how they're going to explain it? Kara shouldn't have done what she did at the end of the episode. She's always done that, crazy stuff and it'll catch up with her. Lee was right..."buck authority and get away with it"...well this time, I don't think she will get away with it. I think this is the last straw for a while, and she's going to have to chill for a few episodes.

I wish they would have explained Kara's plan versus what Laura's plan is following the Eye of Jupiter? I guess they will later on this season.

I'm sad to see some more of the fleet get destroyed, wonder what the count is now and if the lost valuable ships, as in water, fuel refinery, food, etc? Not that all ships are not valuable to begin with, just b/c BSG focuses a lot on the practical problems, I hope they explain it later on.

Overall, I give "He that believeth in me"....3 and half Vipers ouf of 5.

I expect and demand excellency from BSG. That is why my grade may seem harsh.

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Old 04-05-2008, 11:47 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider (View Post)

Anders: Hey, this is crazy! What if there's a switch inside my head that turns me against my own

I am very curious to find out what actually took place with the eye scan between the Raider and Sam Anders. Did the Raider activate a programming, telling everyone to pull out b/c there are "friendlies" in the fight, or did it actually activate something in Sam?
Hey what if there is a switch inside Anders' head and the scan by the Raider activated it. That was why his eyes flashed red, to indicate that it was toggled on. Maybe that was the main reason for the attack and once accomplished they withdrew.

Old 04-06-2008, 12:01 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillytwoshoes (View Post)
I guess Kara's character seems so drastically different. She just seems so much more like Leoben and Six. Obviously, that's where the character has to go; it just felt a little jarring to me.
More and more I'm thinking that the "head" Leoben and Six are not cylons but some kind of angels of God ( to use Six's phrase ) however that was brought about. And I agree I think Kara is some kind of angel of God too, because I think she died. But then she is corporeal and they aren't so not sure what's going on. It's going to be fun finding out!

Old 04-06-2008, 01:54 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by =-Kathy-> (View Post)
Hey what if there is a switch inside Anders' head and the scan by the Raider activated it. That was why his eyes flashed red, to indicate that it was toggled on. Maybe that was the main reason for the attack and once accomplished they withdrew.
You know, I had actually made the opposite assumption. I got the feeling that maybe Anders was the one controlling what was happening, without realizing it. I think maybe his emotions could be "read" by the raider. He wanted them to go, and they did. Like some sort of subconscious order.
Old 04-06-2008, 04:48 AM
Banned

=-Kathy-> and sillytwoshoes - I think that your both amazing! I'm not sure if I agree with any one way of thinking right now but the fact that those ideas were in your head... has earned you both gold stars in my book.
Old 04-06-2008, 11:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Great first episode I missed everyone so much

About the Anders scene, I was thinking that he was sort of "imposing" his authority on the Cylon without realizing it...
Old 04-06-2008, 01:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yay gold stars! I'm so excited for the next few episodes. I really want to know exactly what happened with Anders and the raider. While the human reaction to the Final Five is exciting, I'm most looking forward to what the Cylons will do when they realize who they are.

I think it's been too long since I've watched this show, because I really don't quite know what the relationship is between the Final Five and the Significant Seven. At first, I thought they knew nothing about each other, but now it turns out that Six knows quite a bit more than I expected. Obviously, she knows enough to choose not to think about them (Roslin's excellent point). But why does she make that choice? Is it a choice that the Seven made as a group? Or are the Final Five making that choice for her? Since Sharon didn't recognize them as being Cylons, I assume no one but D'Anna recognizes their faces. But will the humanoid models begin to sense them in the way that the Raiders (and possibly the Centurions) can? Argh! So many questions!
Old 04-06-2008, 03:49 PM
Elite Fan

We don't know if Sharon didn't recognize them. Maybe she did and chose not to reveal their identity They just didn't show us anything, normally a premiere is supposed to answer questions, but BSG S4 Premiere did nothing of that sort. It raised about 2 times as many new questions. Which is one aspect of the show I don't agree with, continually answering a questions with 2new ones

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Old 04-06-2008, 04:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I thought of the Anders scene as the raider was reading everyone and when it found him, one of the final cylons, it told all the other raiders, the other 7 models and the centurians that one of the final five is in the fleet.