Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-03-2008, 07:04 PM
Elite Fan

BSG 4x01 - "He that Believeth in Me" Episode Discussion

Hello and welcome to the S4 Premiere Episode Discussion Thread for BSG

Here is the official Sci-Fi Channel Summary for the episode title "He that Believeth in Me". The Season Premieres April 4th, Friday at 10PM EST/ 9CT

The thin line that seperates humanity from the rapidly evolving Cylons is redrawn, as Starbuck returns from the dead with claims that she has found earth.

Please remember not to discuss additional spoiler information other than what's provided here or in the preview trailers. Thank you

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Old 04-04-2008, 11:05 AM
Total Fan

Finally, s4 is here! I can't wait to watch the episode!
Old 04-04-2008, 11:09 AM
Banned

This is going to be one of the best weekends of my life! All new BSG, Torchwood, and Doctor Who.
Old 04-04-2008, 08:26 PM
Elite Fan

Frak Yeah....

Anders in the Viper, rock...

Go Go super acolyte...did that lady not kick the guy's butt or what?

Let's see....the fleet gets hurt, the cylons bug out....Kara took out those troopers pretty quick.

I can't wait until next week.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 04-04-2008, 08:27 PM
Master Fan

AHHHHH! What a great opener! I have a ton of thoughts. I'm going to type them up and then post them here.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:21 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryostar (View Post)
Frak Yeah....

Anders in the Viper, rock...
OMG. that whole scene was just amazing. Anders reaction, the raiders and cylons fleeing. Amazing.

I love this show so much. I am so sad that it is the last season... but it's rocking so far.
Old 04-04-2008, 10:30 PM
Loyal Fan

Loved this episode. It has a great beginning.

This whole cylons as agents of God is really messing with my mind. Both Caprica 6 and Leoben seem to be sincere in their spiritual beliefs and their need for love. Are they really or are they just messing with Gauis's and Kara's minds.

With Kara's remarks about killing him if it turned out he was a cylon Sam won't be telling her anytime soon.

The previews of the next episode were very tantalizing. Were the other models getting after Brother Cavil for tampering with the raiders? Did he modify the one that scanned Anders? The way they cut those shots it looked like Kara was in that cylon council meeting. It went by so fast I didn't notice to see if her surroundings matched with the cylons. They just might be trying to fake us out.

Was the fake shooting of Adama by Tigh a foreshadowing similar to Sharon's?

So glad season 4 is starting but it's bittersweet knowing this is the last one. Hope they make some more movies.

Old 04-05-2008, 04:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

First off WOOOO that it's finally back, it's about frakkin' time.

I loved the change at the beginning with all the cylons and the first few minutes were just amazing, the battle was brilliant and Col Tigh shocked the hell out of me shooting the old man!, of course that was what he thought and then the introduction of Starbuck and then Anders getting scanned by the cylon, ooh just brilliant

Loved seeing Starbuck back and I still haven't a clue what she is, I certainly don't think she's a cylon, but all the mysteries with her, she is getting me confused and I love the talk she had with Adama, he does want to believe her, but so many unanswered questions. Love that everyone was doubting her though.

Balter, well I don't know what to think of him and what is his plan now, indeed does he have one. Still I guess we'll know as the story continues.

Great Lee/Bill scene, so he's finally chosen a different path for himself, would be good to see Lee take this one and issue him new challenges.

I loved the Roslin/Six scene and how right is Six and the scene with A/R and with the Final Four was brilliant, tlaking about the cylson, I just kept thinking they are behind you!! , and that Roslin/Starbuck end scene, dear Lord..

Awesome premiere!, so many questions and can't wait till the next eppy.
Old 04-05-2008, 04:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'd forgotten just how great this show is! What a great start to S4, loved seeing the four "new" cylons trying to deal with what they are. The scene where Anders was scanned was great, wonder what was going on there.

So great to have Starbuck back, it was interesting to see people dealing with her return - love the way Adama is so torn between wanting to believe her but knowing that things don't add up. I loved the scene with Adama and Lee, that was great and I'm interested to see where Lee goes from here.

And the ending! Wow. Love having the show back, can't wait to see what happens next!

Kat | icon |
Old 04-05-2008, 10:25 AM
Elite Fan

This was a great birthday present.

I'm fairly new to the BSG fandom, but it was nice having a new episode to watch after the past month of nothing for me. I can't imagine how great it was for those who have been regular viewers since the beginning.

The episode was all over the place, I was really on the edge of my seat for most of it, I'd be lured into some false sense of security only to be shocked a minute later, the Tigh shooting Adama scene in particular. I actually gasped beliving it was real because with this show, you never know.

You know in the last episode, all of the final four were kind of freaking me out, but in this one, not so much, Anders seemed back to normal and so did Tigh, but Cheif continues to give me the creeps, Aaron is doing a good job with it, he just seems so evil after three years of being the nice guy.

I don't understand the Starbuck storyline just yet, but it's a good one, I keep wanting to side with her when it could obviously be just like Roslin says, a trap and yet I'm pulling for them to head back towards the nebula. Lee had a point when he said, what if Kara was the clue they were supposed to find.

I was thrilled to see a Caprica Six scene, I've always found her endearing and yet the series as a whole seems to concentrate moreso on Head!Six instead when I think Caprica is more interesting, especially as her character softens like she did with Boomer back on Caprica back in the day. I miss that Boomer too though.

Gais as Jesus and/or Charles Manson was odd, but then again, I always find him strange. The whole cult of hotties is amusing and I really liked the creepy one who beat the hell out of those guys in the washroom. I want her to stick around.

I was cracking up at the scene where Gais was having sex with the one groupie, that was hilarious and well played by all parts. I kept waiting for a shot of Head!Six looking on in the background with a pleased face.

I loved the ending and the showdown with Laura and Starbuck and I cannot wait for next week.

Ooooh and obviously the final cylon is on board Galactica right? I mean Caprica Six did mention to Roslin how she felt they were close and the other four are on board as well. I'm pulling for Adama as the final cylon, that would be kick ass.
Old 04-05-2008, 12:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I am so happy this show is back.

I really enjoyed seeing the four cylons interacting with each other.
Baltar's scenes were interesting. Now that his prayers managed to heal the kid I do wonder what the means for his future. (Oh, and thank goodness he shaved)

the last scene with Starbuck and Laura...how can they just leave it off like that?
Old 04-05-2008, 02:58 PM
Obsessed Fan

Well, I'm a bit late but I finally watched this episode. Totally awesome, I really loved it. But then again, after a year of nearly no BSG except Razor I would have possibly gotten excited about the cast reading the phone book of Vancouver.

I really wonder though what happened to Starbuck though and I so hope they come up with a good explanation. But her plan to hurt or kill Laura Roslin or hold her hostage to make everyone believe her seems not really thought through. How can she possibly think this is going to work? Then again, she seems not rerally like herself but rather troubled and confused so I can kinda see how she came up with that.

Kinda random, but I liked the space battle scenes. After all the previews I feared that the Space Park ship (?), the one with the spinning ring, would have been destroyed but thankfully it wasn't. Yes, I know that it's a bit strange but this ship is just so distinct in its appearance that I would really miss it.

Baltar's altar/shrine with the blinking lights kinda cracked me up though.
Old 04-05-2008, 03:26 PM
Master Fan

Wow. This episode rocked. I'm so glad that it's back because going without just ain't gonna cut it.

What I liked about this episode is that it really started to shed more and more light on the religious differences between humans and Cylons and I thought it was really interesting because it's easily relatable to the evolution of religion in our own history. The Cylons from an audience standpoint have similarities to buddhism although their beliefs are becoming more and more clearly Christian. The humans have this grasp of Greek polytheism. (And my friend told me that Galen is a greek name which is awesome)

I don't know what to feel about Starbuck's storyline right now simply because it's so all over the place. I can't help but want to believe her, but I understand the reticence of the others. I wish I saw some more interaction between Starbuck and Apollo but I'm not complaining. As long as the show's back, I'm pretty happy. I'm curious to see how (if it will ever be explained) she got to Earth if she really did.

Apollo, I think fit so much better in the military role rather than the political. I like him so much better as a pilot that I ever will or did as anything else. It just doesn't seem to suit him all too well. I loved that he jumped back in the cockpit. I also loved the scene with the Old Man and him talking. It was honest and tense. I really can't wait to see what happens. Oh and the whole Baltar thing... really freaks me out actually. The fanaticals just creep me out to no end.

So until next week!
Old 04-05-2008, 03:59 PM
Banned

We can all agree that the scene with the raider and Anders was beautiful! Did the raider just react because it was Anders but then what about all the times he was in battle? It must have reacted to the knowledge that he now knew of his true self.

The raiders are simply God's dogs. Following his greater plan without thought. They know that the four play a role in things to come. So they must not interfere or kill God's greatest work.

From the preview I believe that Cavil is going to modify the raiders to attack the human fleet. He doesn't really believe in God like the others. He called it primitive thinking in an earlier season I believe.

They will reawaken Three with the knowledge that the final 4 are now within the fleet. She is the only one who knows their true identities. She will lead the cylons to the final 5.

Kara is not a cylon. This episode showed that. They tried to blur the lines. To make us think that maybe she is but in the end I know we will find her to be human. She didn't go to kill Roslin. She went to show her that while she could she wouldn't. She is human and is just trying to get them to Earth. Unaware in my mind that Earth is where the first original cylons of the old 12, live. Seperated long ago by the 12 and sought out to find their own way in life.

This has all happened before and will happen again....

Saul is in charge of the 5 now. As it should be, he is the only one who can keep things together. Granted his "dream" was disturbing but he was just trying to cope with the fact that he is now the enemy of his best friend and what that really means if anything.

Baltar is a good runner for the final cylon. "still hiding in shadow, yet striving for the light." He may have done terrible things at time in order to survive and still might indulge in some pleasure as seen with that girl. However, in the end he is trying to do the best that he can. He doesn't want to take advantage of these people but he is also afraid. He is doing his best, following what he believes as God's plan. Trying so hard to be redeemed.

Baltar is a hero!

I can't really think right now, .... hangover... so I wait for Alex's post.
Old 04-05-2008, 04:28 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lila Lila (View Post)
I feared that the Space Park ship (?), the one with the spinning ring, would have been destroyed but thankfully it wasn't. Yes, I know that it's a bit strange but this ship is just so distinct in its appearance that I would really miss it.
Those were exactly my thoughts! That has to be my favourite ship (after Galactica of course) from the entire fleet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Rain (View Post)
Apollo, I think fit so much better in the military role rather than the political.
I couldn't agree more. It was weird just seeing him out of uniform in this episode!