Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-25-2009, 10:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You might want to try The Wonderful Maladys if you get the chance. It's a 30 minute comedy about a dysfunctional family that include Sarah Michelle Gellar and Nate Corday (Tom from S60).

The only shows up there I'm turning into for plot are Boardwalk Empire because that thought of a mafia drama backed by Martin Scorsese intrigues me. And Human Target because please, please, please give me comic-y superhero shows with Mark Valley. All the others are actor driven. Everything else is actor driven - gotta support Kristen Chenoweth and musical theatre actors gone tv like Lea Michelle.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:32 PM
Master Fan

Hrm, I may give it a shot depending on what time slot it lands it

Heh, yeah. I may find more I'm interested in after we see what actually gets picked up. Right now I'd just be happy if Castle and Cupid and/or Dollhouse would get re-picked up.
I love you but, I don't even know why
Old 04-29-2009, 10:25 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tidbit2008 (View Post)
Of those, the ones I might actually manage to tune in for: Parenthood, Off Duty, and The Good Wife. Maybe The Body Politic but I'm not totally remembering the premise and who's in it, so I can't say for sure.

The sad thing is that all of those I'm tuning in simply because of actors/actresses. None of the new shows' premises have really jumped up and bit me this go around. At least not so far
Haha, the Body Politic is about a Senator and his staff. It's got Tim Mathesen (VP Hoynes) as well as Brian Austin Greene, Jason Dohring, and Gabrielle Union.

I'm the same. It's all for the actors. Though, I might have tried the Body Politic either way. i like to support political shows.

Mandy have you seen Kristin Chenoweth's new animated show? It's kinda funny. My brother likes to watch all of those shows, so I saw an ep the other day.
without alcohol.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I haven't, I haven't even heard about it. What is it Chris? I'd watch it, too.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:49 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Haha, the Body Politic is about a Senator and his staff. It's got Tim Mathesen (VP Hoynes) as well as Brian Austin Greene, Jason Dohring, and Gabrielle Union.
Ahh yeah, that's right. I'll have to tune in for the pilot at least.

I find I'm watching less and less tv these days
Old 04-30-2009, 04:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well you're busy with exams and stuff. Or is it that not alot is interesting you?
Old 05-07-2009, 09:13 PM
Master Fan

A bit of both. For the first time since I really got into primetime tv, I'm just not necessarily making it a point to watch it live. This semester I've started having more of a "night life" and had to put in more effort with school. I don't know. I catch up, eventually, with most shows. But I'm not freaking out if I look up and realize it's 7, 8, or even 9 o'clock and I'm out to eat or running to Wal-Mart with someone or we have folks in the room and are studying for a test or just being chatty girls, you know?

This week I've seen House, Castle, Bones and Grey's Anatomy, and I'm okay with that. I didn't watch TV Tuesday night because.. well primarily because my TV was already at home, lol.. but it was mine and Brittni's last night in the dorms and my best friend Amanda stayed with us and we were all cramming for exams (and then at 1 am Amanda and Brittni decided to go dance in the rain - I have pics and vids on facebook to prove ) and Idk Even if the TV had still been in the room I wouldn't have turned it on. Then last night my Gracie bug spent the night and I didn't even think about TV. It totally slipped my mind. Granted all I have is CSI: NY on Wednesdays, but yeah.

I'll try to catch up on shows this weekend when I'm at my dad's cause he has wi-fi, but if it's not til next weekend? I'll live too. It's weird to not be worrying if I miss a show live, but it's not bad either
Old 05-08-2009, 12:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

DVR is a blessing, I have like five shows I have to catch up on. Good thing is it's seasons end and I'm not gonna have to think on it as much. Woots to the Woots on Castle.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:51 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tidbit2008 (View Post)
Ahh yeah, that's right. I'll have to tune in for the pilot at least.

I find I'm watching less and less tv these days
Boo, looks like it probably won't get picked up. The CW is losing Sunday programming, and with everything they're renewing they only have like three open spots for new programming. One will definitely be Melrose 2.0, and the others will likely be more teen drama bullhocky. I'm not finding OTH getting another season less funny now.

Mandy, the Kristin Chenoweth animated one is called Sit Down Shut Up. It has kind of a lot of famous voices.
without alcohol.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I've heard of that. I'm going to have to check it out. The state of network tv is abysmal.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:11 PM
Master Fan

It really is.
without alcohol.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm still excited to see what gets picked up and what doesn't but I honestly don't even know what I'm going to be watching. Nothing I'm interested in is getting picked up.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:31 PM
Master Fan

With the whole breaking up with TV thing, I'm not as worried about the up-fronts as I usually am. So long as Without A Trace, Samantha Who, Chuck, Castle and Dollhouse are renewed, I'll be a happy camper. That said, I have little hope for Dollhouse and none for Cupid
Old 05-13-2009, 12:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah and Chuck is bubble and so is Castle and I don't know much about the other ones.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:34 PM
Master Fan

CBS is contemplating dumping Without a Trace and Cold Case because they're expensive, and supposedly don't pull in the ratings anymore to even out the cost even though they both still regularly win their time slots by good margins. Idk. I like Cold Case but I don't watch it live. CBS is not increasing the salaries of any actors on returning shows this year, so that helps, but WaT is still gonna have to do a good bit of budget cuts, I suppose. Idk, the show's had a good run and I would understand if it ended. Mostly I just don't like where my ship might end if they kill it without having given the writers time to end the show on a good note.

Then, like you said, Chuck and Castle are on the bubble, as is Samantha Who. On the one hand, I think all three have a good chance of making the final cut. On the other hand, I've been watching TV too many years and have no faith in the people who run TV Networks