Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-08-2009, 04:49 PM
Master Fan

Yes, yes, I do.
without alcohol.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:02 PM
Master Fan

hee. Yeah, I don't know. I guess I'll see, lol.
I love you but, I don't even know why
Old 04-09-2009, 02:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think you and Chris will be more apt to agree in that department.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:09 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, probably.
without alcohol.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Because you are not as shippily obsessed as me.
Old 04-11-2009, 05:12 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, when I really love a show, that's not what I focus on. It's when the ship is the only thing I'm watching for that I get obsessed.
without alcohol.
Old 04-11-2009, 10:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Like the general hospital thing? See I tend to ship easily but I get mad at the shows for ruining couples I like - like Jack and Kate on LOST.
Old 04-11-2009, 10:46 PM
Master Fan

Yep, the three of the top of my head are General Hospital, One Tree Hill, and Gilmore Girls.

With GH, it's always been all about the ship, and at the moment, I'm only watching Sam scenes. (Which sadly are few and far between because Kelly Monaco has a Vegas show.) But that's a soap, so it's to be expected. Plus the writing is atrocious right now. OTH, is pretty much the same, and I've stopped watching. Gilmore Girls is a little different in that initially it was a great show and while I *liked* Rory and Dean and Luke and Lorelai, I never considered stopping watching when RD broke up or when LL just wasn't as good as I thought it was going to be. But then, the show started getting worse. I still love S5/6, but it was rare to love whole episodes. So it became mostly about Rory and Logan, and, by the end, when I heard they were breaking up, I stopped watching anything but Logan scenes.

Conversely, on the West Wing, I ship Josh/Amy. I love them. But I would *never* have stopped watching when they broke up. Never even crossed my mind. It didn't curb my enjoyment of the show in the slightest. On American Dreams, my ship never stood a chance, but I still love the whole show (with the exception of the crap ending, but that's just cause it should never have been a series finale). The other thing that most of my truly loved favorite shows have is great friendships. And I love a good friendship even more than I love a ship. So, when my couple breaks up, meh, it's sad in the context of the show, but I still eagerly tune in. So because of that, I'm less obsessive about the ship because I love the show as a whole.

IDK if that makes sense, but that's how I tend to watch TV.
without alcohol.
Old 04-12-2009, 03:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hehe, see I'm a complainer mostly. I stay with my shows even when my ships are dead unless my primary reason for watching the show is the ship. It's happened with some shows but not many. I mainly just watch and complain. See I was/am a fan of Josh/Amy on TWW unless she's being particularly silly like tossing his phone into soup but I always figured on Josh/Donna being endgame so I just kinda watch those scenes for needed information and wait until they move onto pretty much anything else.

I do agree about soaps. I'm a bit bummed about mine, the grand dame of soaps dead after 72 years.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:38 PM
Master Fan

I loved when she threw his phone in the soup, and I really loved when they were going head to head on something. She was supposed to be 100% about the issue just like he was supposed to try and make the best compromise, logically and politically, work.

Haha, speaking of complaining, I was reading through old Rory/Logan Spoiler threads last night, and MAN did I get bitter. It's kinda funny to read now that I'm separated from it.

Yeah, it's kind of a doomsday sign about soaps in general.
without alcohol.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hehe, I know you did but sometimes I did want her to back down a bit and think more logically but that wasn't really Amy.

You don't post over there any more?

Yeah, it is, but I'm very sad about GL.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:10 PM
Master Fan

Hun, Gilmore Girls is over. There are no more R/L spoilers

I hadn't heard about GL. But yeah, it is kind of a doomsday thing

I watch therefore I ship. That's how it usually works for me. There are only a few ensemble type shows that I can watch without needing a ship for it to hold my continual interest. Like Law & Order. Although there are shows I don't really have ships for, but they're just few and far between. Like with Samantha Who, I kind of like Todd/Sam, but it's far from a deal breaker and I could enjoy other pairings.

Ships keep me watching even when the show goes to crap. They're the things that get me through shows less than great seasons. But once my couples are all but dead in the water *coughBLcough* I tend to wander off. I'm pretty loyal to shows even when they get stupid. It takes a lot for me to drop one if I've had it a while *coughGAcough* But if I don't have a ship I usually have less attachment to the show and give it up easier (see: B&S, Fringe) Idk. There aren't many shows I don't have ships for, so most of this is just pointless ramblings. Basically, I watch therefore I ship
Old 04-15-2009, 09:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You stopped watching Fringe? It's easy to ship. Actually I was on break during rehearsal today trying to explain why I ship with LOST to the male members of my cast to their amusement.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:40 PM
Master Fan

Yes *ducks* Idk, it was just.. too much mythological stuff, I guess. I loved the characters, but it was one of those things where, for me, it's parts were better than it's whole. I was going to stick with it through S1, but I got behind and... I don't know. It's kinda like B&S; I got a little behind, and I wasn't interested enough to make myself catch up. Then I got so far behind that I'll probably never catch up until something/somebody makes me.

That does sound like an interesting conversation, lol.
Old 04-18-2009, 02:25 PM
Master Fan

I stopped watching Fringe, too. Kind of at the time that I stopped watching everything, and I never caught up with it again.
without alcohol.