Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2012, 07:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Tom Hiddleston #2: We're Hiddlestoned and we're not ashamed of it; we will gladly kneel before him!

Join the campaign to give him a board on

Hiddleston was born in Westminster, London, on February 9, 1981, the son of Diana Patricia (née Servaes), a former stage manager and arts administrator, and James Norman Hiddleston, a scientist in physical chemistry who was the managing director of a pharmaceutical company. He attended The Dragon School in Oxford and then went on to study at Eton College. He studied for his Classics degree at Pembroke College, University of Cambridge, earning a double first. In 2005, he graduated from the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art.

In Hiddleston's second term at Cambridge, he was seen in a production of A Streetcar Named Desire by Lorraine Hamilton of the notable actors’ agency Hamilton Hodell, and was shortly thereafter given his first television role in Stephen Whittaker’s adaptation of Nicholas Nickleby for ITV. While still at university he appeared in Conspiracy (BBC/HBO), and as Randolph Churchill, the son of Winston Churchill the Wartime Prime Minister, in the BAFTA and Emmy award-winning BBC/HBO drama The Gathering Storm, opposite Albert Finney and Vanessa Redgrave.

On graduating from the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, Hiddleston won his first film role as Oakley in Joanna Hogg’s award-winning first feature, Unrelated. He also appeared in the leading role of Edward in Joanna Hogg's second feature, Archipelago. He has also had leading roles in Declan Donnellan's company Cheek by Jowl's productions The Changeling (in which he played Alsemero and for which he received an Ian Charleson Awards 2007 Nomenation), and Cymbeline (Posthumus Leonatus & Cloten), for which he won the Laurence Olivier Award for Best Newcomer 2008.

His Donmar Warehouse credits include Cassio in Michael Grandage's production of Shakespeare's Othello alongside Chiwetel Ejiofor and Ewan McGregor to much critical acclaim and later Lvov in their West End revival of Chekhov's Ivanov. These two roles earned him the Whatsonstage.com Theatregoers' Choice Awards for Best Supporting Actor 2008.

His TV credits include Magnus Martinsson in the BBC detective drama Wallander, Bill Hazledine in Suburban Shootout, John Plumptre in the BBC costume drama TV film Miss Austen Regrets and William Buxton in the Christmas edition of BBC costume drama series Cranford.

He portrayed Loki in the 2011 Marvel Studios feature film Thor directed by Kenneth Branagh. In 2011, he portrayed F. Scott Fitzgerald in Midnight in Paris, written and directed by Woody Allen, and is set to appear in War Horse, directed by Steven Spielberg, and the upcoming The Deep Blue Sea, based on the 1952 play by Terence Rattigan, alongside Rachel Weisz and Simon Russell Beale. He will reprise his role as Loki in The Avengers, to be released 4 May 2012 in 3-D. On May 13, it was announced that Hiddleston would star in Henry V as the title character, in a BBC film version of the play by William Shakespeare, in addition to a part in Henry IV alongside Jeremy Irons.

Tom has also joined the cast of Jim Jarmusch's Only Lovers Left Alive, set to shoot in 2012, and in February 2012 it was confirmed that he had been cast in the film adaptation of Elliott Chaze's 1953 crime novel Black Wings Has My Angel, which will co-star Anna Paquin and centers around a thief and a call girl whose lives are changed by an armored car hiest.

Along with a successful acting career Hiddleston has also narrated the audio book for The Red Necklace by Sally Gardner.
[*]

IMDb profile
Tom Hiddleston Online
TomHiddlestonArchive @ Tumblr
The Avengers trailer | Trailer 2
War Horse trailer
The Deep Blue Sea trailer
BBC2 The Hollow Crown promo (Henry IV & V)

Follow Tom on Twitter

Supporters
bengirl25
Hawthorn
buffyfan145
ღEmrys
lyndell75
JulieB
OnlyException
obthavariable
quin611
eireanne
kgp1217
lisagslack14
Schumiac

Last edited by obthavariable; 06-20-2012 at 09:17 PM
Old 06-03-2012, 07:32 AM
Master Fan

Susi, you robbed me!!!!!!!!

But at least we didn't open duplicate threads this time.

Thanks for opening.....

"Sucker Punch" is the love of my life and "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" is the reason I live
Old 06-03-2012, 07:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Sorry.. but you'll live.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the new thread, Susi!

I keep getting Loki'd by FanForum's server today, almost every time I refresh I get the "Busy, try again later" message, lol.

New interview bits + pictures - Tom, David Suchet, Rory Kinnear and Ben Whishaw interviewed about their movies for the BBC Shakespeare special:

Quote:
From June 30, BBC2 will broadcast in sequence Shakespeare’s Richard II, Henry IV Parts 1 and 2 and Henry V.

This epic ‘Henriad’, telling of England’s bloody rebellions and wars around the turn of the 15th century, was overseen by James Bond director Sam Mendes, part-funded by American networks and filmed on a huge scale. It’s the most ambitious Shakespeare project on television since the BBC’s complete works in 1978-85.

We gathered the lead actors in the new productions – David Suchet, Tom Hiddleston, Rory Kinnear and Ben Whishaw – at a London studio to discuss what Suchet calls the ‘Henry-fest’.

What’s most important, drama or athletics?
Tom Hiddleston:
Winston Churchill said, ‘If we cut funding to the arts, then what are we fighting for?’ We have an incredibly rich arts culture here: British actors and films are winning Oscars, Adele won all those Grammys. British theatre is the best in the world. We should be very, very proud. But I love sport too.

Does playing kings make you more of a monarchist?
TH:
It gives you huge respect for the Royal Family and what they endure. Imagine the freedoms they don’t have. As Henry V says, ‘What infinite heart’s ease must kings neglect that private men enjoy?’ They seem to me to be decent people who do decent things and acknowledge their power and try to use it well. They do a lot more than most of us.

Do the plays make you more patriotic?
TH:
The biggest thrill was to recreate the battles. If I played Henry V on stage, there’s no way I could be on a horse, riding through 50 extras at a gallop, blood everywhere. I was in chainmail on a horse with a St George’s cross on my shield, holding the standard. And I get to say the lines, ‘I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips, straining upon the start. The game’s afoot: follow your spirit and upon this charge, cry God for Harry, England and St George!’ It just does something to your gut. The words are 410 years old, the battle was 200 years before that, and we’re that same culture.

What would this country be without Shakespeare?
TH:
He was so forgiving of human nature. As a result I think we have a very sophisticated cultural identity. Shakespeare is in our language. If you’ve ever been more sinned against than sinning, you’re quoting Shakespeare. If you think it’s high time, you’re quoting Shakespeare. People aren’t aware of the breadth of his influence.

What was the golden age of Shakespearean acting?
TH:
Well, they were as big as Brad Pitt and George Clooney are today. Theatre stars were so much bigger than they are now.

When was the first time you performed Shakespeare?
TH:
I played Flavius, the old, faithful servant of Timon of Athens. A bit obscure, but we didn’t do much Shakespeare at school. At Cambridge I played Romeo, and not very well. It’s really hard. He’s a bit of a wet fish, delicate and feminine.

Do you know any Shakespeare speeches off by heart?
TH:
Learning the lines, you have eureka moments when you go, ‘Yes, that’s what it’s like to feel that emotion’ – pride, jealousy, courage, love... I’d say he’s the most articulate, compassionate humanist who’s ever lived.
BBC's Shakespeare season: Ben Whishaw, David Suchet, Rory Kinnear and Tom Hiddletson are the main players | Mail Online

The scans (from Live magazine, June 3) are here.

Last edited by Hawthorn; 06-03-2012 at 09:21 AM
Old 06-03-2012, 01:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Hiddleston

New thread for Tom! thanks for the new thread and those new pics and news! I wish I lived in the uk so I can see that special!

k r i s tine | my art
Old 06-03-2012, 01:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the new thread Susi! Omg Fran looks gorgeous in that photo shoot! He take such great pictures & I love his interview too!

Tom with Stan Lee!

Old 06-03-2012, 05:49 PM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks so much for the new thread!
Old 06-03-2012, 06:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Tom looks so classy & sexy in this picture!

Old 06-03-2012, 07:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

That edit is really pretty!

And Stan Lee - gotta love his cameo in The Avengers.

I know this is weird, but I grinned at Tom calling Romeo a bit of a "wet fish" in the interview. I've never been impressed by that fickle young dude.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yay a new thread
Old 06-03-2012, 08:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

I loved his cameo too Fran! Great video!

Last edited by quin0611; 06-03-2012 at 09:01 PM
Old 06-03-2012, 11:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Hiddleston

I love this art

k r i s tine | my art
Old 06-03-2012, 11:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wow gorgeous art!
Old 06-04-2012, 08:43 PM
Master Fan

Oh Tom, you adorable man

"Sucker Punch" is the love of my life and "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" is the reason I live
Old 06-04-2012, 09:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Tom on Compassion