Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2004, 10:16 AM
Passionate Fan

Old 01-17-2004, 10:18 AM
Supreme Fan

not usually one for double posting, but...

Quote:
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Star Spotlight

If it seems like we're always talking to Mandy Moore, that's because she always has a new project coming out. Following the release of her Top 20 CD, Coverage, Mandy is currently starring in the new romantic comedy Chasing Liberty. In April, you can see her in another new movie called Saved. We caught up with the busiest woman in show business under the age of 20, and asked her about her music, her movies, and her boyfriend. Here's what she had to say:

Q: What is Chasing Liberty about?

This is about trying to find some sort of serious romance. I believe that this character, [the President's daughter], has had a lot of dates . . . but really hasn't had anything too meaningful. Like, it's never been allowed to get to that point, but she's definitely looking.

Q: OK, you're not the President's daughter, but could you relate to the character?

I can definitely draw parallels in my life and Anna's life, but certainly not to an extreme. I can't sit here and say that I know what it would be like to live in that bubble and have people surrounding me 24 hours a day. I don't think that I'd want that.

Q: So, you don't have a dozen bodyguards?

I don't have any bodyguards. I don't have an entourage. I don't have people following me around. I love my freedom, and I can totally see how this girl wants some semblance of her own life. I just related it to love and finding yourself. I'm 19 and still trying to figure out all of that stuff.

Q: Did you know all along that you would lose some of your privacy if you were going to become a celebrity?

No, but I also feel like it hasn't really made that big of an impact on my life. I'm going to go home and I'm not going to have people following me. I'm not going to have paparazzi hiding in my bushes. This is just my job and I like it because I get to be creative and do what I love to do. But, the line is drawn there, and I want to try and keep it that way.

Q: Why do you think the paparazzi aren't interested in you?

There are so many people in L.A. that everyone is much more concerned with, which is fine with me. I love my independence and being able to go out by myself. It does freak me out to think of the possibility of it happening; that all of this other craziness will enter my life. I don't want to be Jennifer Lopez. I don't want to have that sort of public relationship. I don't want to have people ask me all sorts of weird questions and be so inquisitive about my life.

Q: What types of movie scripts interest you?

It's a combination of everything. With this movie, I was drawn in to the fact that I was going to have a summer vacation in Europe. I love Andy Cadiff, who directed the movie. I loved his enthusiasm for the project. This is a movie that I would go and see with my girlfriends regardless if I was a part of it or not. I love romance and comedy and falling in love. That combination gets me every time. In terms of choosing different projects, it's a combination of things—who I'm going to be working with, timing, and the passion that I have for the project and the character.

Q: Are you proud of your latest CD, Coverage?

Yeah, I'm very proud of it. I'm not concerned with sales. I just love that it's out there and I'm getting to have creative control and create the kind of music that I want to do. It's a cover record, but I'm excited to be back in the studio and [figure out] how making this particular album is going to influence the rest of [my] music.

Q: What's your process for writing songs?

I always keep a journal with me when I travel. I usually also keep it by my bed because sometimes when I can't sleep, it's because I'm thinking about everything that's going on and it's really good therapy. It's a hodgepodge of a bunch of different thoughts and words—therapy to get it on paper and out of my mind. From there, I can write poems and lyrics. I've started to transfer everything onto my computer so that I can assemble what I want to do.

Q: Which musicians would you like to work with in the future?

I have a song coming out on the Saved soundtrack. I do a cover of one of the best songs ever, the Beach Boys' "God Only Knows." Michael Stipe [R.E.M.], who produced the film, [sings] on it with me. I'm sitting here thinking, "Michael Stipe. I have a song with Michael Stipe!" I'd love to collaborate with him in the future. I'd love to write with Carol King and Elton John. Just to sit in the same room with them, I think that I'd be happy.

Q: Why is Bette Midler your celebrity icon?

I think that she's one of the only people that I'd probably faint if I ever met. I just love her. She's accomplished everything! She's done Broadway, TV, movies, and recording. She's a mom, a wife, and a household name, but she's unique. I have so much respect for that and I love her.

Q: Do you sing in the shower?

Of course! It's usually whatever I hear last whether I was listening to music on my computer or whatever song was on the radio. Sometimes, I'll practice my music too. That may sound weird, and not that I love my music or anything, but if I have a performance or something coming up, I'll just sometimes find myself singing in the shower.

Q: Do you think you'll perform on Broadway?

Guys and Dolls is my favorite musical ever. I'd love to do a movie version of it. I know that they did a revival back in '92, but I'd love to do that the next time it goes up . . .I'd play young Adele. Give me like five years [and] I can totally do it.

Q: How does your boyfriend, Andy Roddick, deal with being a sex symbol?

He doesn't care, and so I don't care. It's a little weird. I mean, I never thought that I'd date someone who was such a heartthrob, but I guess that you get used to it. [I'm] used to women fawning all over him. He's oblivious to it, which is why I love him all the more. No one fawns over me!

Q: They don't?

No. Guys are just really shy. Guys won't approach me. Girls are just relentless. It doesn't matter if the guy is taken. Guys lurk in the shadows and they don't want to make their affections known, I guess.
:://bri

"i'm not perfect or saved, baby." - wil wheaton
Old 01-17-2004, 06:16 PM
Loyal Fan

I loved reading those interviews, Mandy is so cute... I could totally hang out with her... Chasing Liberty was really good... although there could have been a lot more of Matt with his shirt off :-/ lol

Is it just me or is Mandy's hair looking a bit reddish? maybe a dark strawberry blonde?

Oh yeah and when I was watching the movie I was trying to think when it was filmed.. when was it?

~Last Dance~ - What's ur avi from? Win A Date With Tad Hamiltion... Topher? hmmm...

[ 01-17-2004: Message edited motl6 ]

Pacey & Joey : Memories of Truelove
Old 01-18-2004, 12:22 PM
Passionate Fan

motl6- yeah, topherliciousness. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-20-2004, 04:15 PM
Passionate Fan

speaking of topher, guess who apparantly tried out for date with tad hamilton.

angela
What is the life of a star? Why is it such a big deal? I'm from Vancouver. I came down here to do a job. I have a real problem with celebrity and how it's glamorized. What confuses me is why people are in awe. ~ Carly Pope
Old 01-21-2004, 11:37 AM
Passionate Fan

Old 01-22-2004, 05:03 AM
Passionate Fan

Alyssa snagging the whole bottom row! They's fantabulous!
Quote:
Originally posted by PoP NoT SoDa:

Ohhh, Andy was doing a interview for the Australian open, and they were talking about Mandy. His superstar girlfriend, as they must mention about fifty times. Hah, and he is like yeah she's amazing and I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] her. Awwwww!
Awww, when was this?
Old 01-22-2004, 04:53 PM
Loyal Fan

Mandy was at Saved movie Premiere.there's more at www.wireimage.com and
gettyimages.com

[ 01-22-2004: Message edited Shirlei ]
Old 01-22-2004, 07:50 PM
Passionate Fan

Saved Offcial Movie Site is up! The promo pic is pretty funny.
Old 01-23-2004, 12:23 AM
Obsessed Fan

Please add me to the list. I love Mandy! A Walk To Remember is one of my absolute favorite movies. I adored her and Shane West! I haven't gotten to see How To Deal yet - I need to rent it. And hopefully I will get to see Chasing Liberty in the theater, maybe this weekend or next. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

She's got a beautiful voice and she seems like a really sweet, down-to-earth person. I love her attitude toward her romance with Andy.

Jen | tumblr
Old 01-23-2004, 05:59 AM
Supreme Fan

~Last Dance~, beautiful icons. [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] if i wasn't up to my lj account limit i'd be using some.

Shirlei, thanks for the pics! [i'm currently looking for some without tags.]

dixieland_dreamer, welcome to the mandy thread. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] always good to have a news poster in our midst. when i've finished here i'll go add you to the list. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

on another note, has anyone noticed have macaulay culkin hasn't changed at all since he was about 7. he looks exactly the same as he did when he was in home alone, only a little taller and wider. it's quite scary. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] and bless him, he's shorter than mandy, it must be the only time his 5"8 has felt little. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

:://bri

"i'm not perfect or saved, baby." - wil wheaton
Old 01-23-2004, 06:00 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Angela627:
speaking of topher, guess who apparantly tried out for date with tad hamilton.

angela
Wilmer?

aww i love this! [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]

good memories indeed [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

icon by Ron_Cullen
Old 01-23-2004, 12:30 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by b.e.b.e:

Wilmer?
nah, look at what you love [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Angela
What is the life of a star? Why is it such a big deal? I'm from Vancouver. I came down here to do a job. I have a real problem with celebrity and how it's glamorized. What confuses me is why people are in awe. ~ Carly Pope
Old 01-23-2004, 02:21 PM
Obsessed Fan

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

you mean Shane? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] hmm..i'm stumped [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]

icon by Ron_Cullen
Old 01-23-2004, 05:30 PM
Loyal Fan

there's more:

[ 01-23-2004: Message edited Shirlei ]
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top