Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2004, 02:04 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Switch:

abby-anne, i'll go and add you now. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

i agree about the bad reviews though. even if a movie gets bad press, if i want to go and see it, i will. it's all about opinion and at the end of the day yours is all that matters really. plus, mandy fans, love mandy no matter what. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

:://bri[/QB]
Brit - Thanks for adding me. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] And thanks for the pics. [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img] So gorgeous. Word. Who cares about bad reviews if you're a Mandy fan. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Anyone seen the movie already? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] And anyone who has the YM magazine already? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-12-2004, 02:57 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Switch:
lance is probably thinking something we can't print safely on this board. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] i know i would be. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] although, that doesn't reflect very on my personality. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
hehe, it's okay brit, if i were a guy, i'd prob be thinking the same things Lance was too.

and I saw the movie abby-anne.
my overall review was that there are lots of cute moments, but that's it really, cute moments, and as a whole the movie was "cute," i guess that's kinda confusing. I think the movie treaded between being a fairytale and being realistic, and kinda was imbalanced between the two. I think the movie had a good chance of being a very cute tale like Princess Diaries, but fell short of it. The scenery is beautiful though, and Matthew and Mandy had good chemistry, I'd love to see them in a movie together again. Mandy was good, Matthew was hot (very hot), and lots of good lines in the movie.

and there are YM scans at m-moore.net

Angela
What is the life of a star? Why is it such a big deal? I'm from Vancouver. I came down here to do a job. I have a real problem with celebrity and how it's glamorized. What confuses me is why people are in awe. ~ Carly Pope
Old 01-12-2004, 05:39 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Angela627:
yea, everyone who can go see it, mandy needs our support. the movie bombed at the box office with 6 mil this weekend [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

ANgela
Oh no!Can't believe it!Honestly I saw the movie twice and I love it.It's not the best best movie of the year but it was a good movie.People don't realize how Mandy have a great talent and how she can act like an actress.Plus Matthew was hot!Especially when he take his t-shirt off!! [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img]

Love the pics!Mandy is beautiful and I love her hair! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-12-2004, 06:18 PM
Loyal Fan

Can somebody tell me what happen in this pic?...
Old 01-12-2004, 06:35 PM
Passionate Fan

hmmm, not sure, prob something happening during a commercial break.

that IMX bit was really cute, especially when they interviewed each other. I have the MPEGs on my computer, i'll try to have the WMV up soon, i made WMVs last nite and I was having some sound problems, maybe i'll try to put them in RM format.

meanwhile, other promos are up here: http://zimmy.bm0wl.com/mm/

Angela
What is the life of a star? Why is it such a big deal? I'm from Vancouver. I came down here to do a job. I have a real problem with celebrity and how it's glamorized. What confuses me is why people are in awe. ~ Carly Pope
Old 01-12-2004, 09:36 PM
Passionate Fan

Mandy Moore, 19, doesn't have to chase her liberty yet

By IVOR DAVIS
Los Angeles Times

Mandy Moore is ready for her big close-up. And like Beyonce Knowles and Hilary Duff, the talented Moore has a voice to back up her big-screen ambitions.

As a child she sang the national anthem at numerous sporting events and at age 15 signed a record deal with Sony Music. Her first record, "So Real," led to her first tour with The Backstreet Boys.

Now at the ripe old age of 19, she's blossomed into a gorgeous young woman with a high-profile boyfriend, 21-year-old tennis ace Andy Roddick. Even though her career is thriving, she still lives at home with her parents.

In her new movie, the romantic comedy "Chasing Liberty," she plays America's first daughter. The film seems to have been inspired by the adventures of former first daughter Chelsea Clinton.

Q Are you engaged to marry (tennis star) Andy Roddick?
A No. (She laughs.) Do you see a ring on my finger? But we're seriously dating. He handles his world and I handle mine. It's nice.

Q Any truth to the story that your mother fixed you up with Andy?
A I guess, kind of. But the funny part was that he told me afterward I was his, "celebrity crush." That was sweet.

Q Is this the most serious romance you've ever had?
A Absolutely. I'm 19. It's a big deal and love is a big deal in anyone's life.

Q How does he deal with being a sex symbol?
A He doesn't care and so I don't care. It's just a little weird because I never thought that I'd date someone who was such a heartthrob, but I guess that you get used to the women fawning all over him. He's oblivious to it which is why I love him all the more. No one fawns over me.

Q They don't?
A No. Guys are really shy. They won't approach you. Girls are just relentless. It doesn't matter if the guy is taken. It's like, we're just all over them. But, guys, they lurk in the shadows and they don't want to make their affections known.

Q As an up-and-coming star, do you empathize with your character's plight in "Chasing Liberty"?
A I love my freedom, and I can see how this girl in this situation, who hasn't necessarily put herself out there, hasn't ventured down this path like I have.
I can see how she wants some semblance of her own life. I related to it: Love, finding yourself. I'm 19 and still trying to figure out all of the stuff.

Q So you felt a kinship with her?
A I can definitely draw parallels in my life and hers although certainly not to those extremes. I can't sit here and say that I know what it would be like, even after making this film, living in that bubble and having people surrounding you 24 hours a day. I don't want that.

Q So you don't have an army of bodyguards?
A No bodyguards or entourage. People don't follow me around.

Q How old were you when you knew you wanted to be an entertainer?
A Ten or 11. I knew that if I ever got into this position, whether it was through Broadway or through acting or music, I'd want to dabble in a little bit of everything.

Q Do you worry about losing your privacy?
A No, but I also feel like it hasn't really made that big of an impact on my life. I love what I do. After this interview I'm going home and I won't have people following me or paparazzi hiding in my bushes.

Q Who's your character in your next movie, "Saved"?
A I play the antithesis of who I think that I really am. She's very sweet on the outside, seemingly perfect, all American, Christian, leader of the high school. But deep down, she's kind of evil and obviously, since she is very religious, she uses her faith and her personal relationship with Jesus to take advantage of those around her. I get to freak out and be a big baby. This is definitely a black comedy.

Q Is it important for you to have careers in both film and music?
A No, I wanted to try a little bit of both. I love both, and I get something different out of each one. Being a recording artist is a real individual thing.

Q Who would you most like to emulate in show business?
A I love Bette Midler. I think I'd probably faint if I ever met her. She's accomplished everything — Broadway, TV, movies, recording. Plus, she's a mom, a wife and a household name. She's unique and I have so much respect for her.

Q Do you sing in the shower?
A Of course. I usually sing whatever I heard last whether it was on my computer or on my car radio.

Moore, Roddick Make A Love Match
Posted on Monday, January 12 @ 13:17:12 PST by MusicMan

Mandy Moore is thrilled about her love match with tennis star Andy Roddick. "I'm 19 and this is my first serious romance, so it's a big deal," she tells Louis B. Hobson of the Calgary Sun. "Love is a big deal in anyone's life, but when it's your first love, it seems so very special." Mandy added, "I never thought I'd date someone who was such a heartthrob. It was really weird at first, but I'm finally used to women fawning all over him. He's oblivious to all the attention which is why I love him all the more." Read
more

[ 01-12-2004: Message edited funktified ]
Old 01-13-2004, 06:01 PM
Passionate Fan

Mandy Moore gets sick on beer foam

Singer Mandy Moore, who dresses in jeans and T-shirts, says she's not trying to send any good-girl messages, she's just being herself.

WASHINGTON - Mandy Moore is so squeaky clean, when it came time for her to act drunk in "Chasing Liberty," even non-alcoholic beer made her sick.

Moore doesn't like the taste of beer, so she asked for apple juice instead. But beer needs a head, so non-alcoholic foam was put on top.

Moore says she threw up after a few glasses of apple juice topped with beer foam.

Moore says "being a girl, the tears come along with it," so after crying and puking, she needed her hair and makeup redone.

Moore also said that she will pose on the cover of Cosmopolitan magazine, but don't look for anything much racier than that.

Moore says when she was 15 years old she was asked to pose for men's magazines like FHM or Maxim. She says she doubts they knew she was 15 at the time, but now that she's legal, she figures they know she's not interested in that kind of stuff.

Which means they'll never get to see her tattoo - not that it's in anyplace scandalous.

Moore says her friend Kelly Osbourne got a heart on her pinkie and she thought it was cute, so she got it on the second toe of her right foot. She says it's something she can cover up if she has to and it's a heart because she's a loving person.

Moore's new movie, "Chasing Liberty," opens Friday.
Old 01-13-2004, 11:41 PM
Total Fan

Is anyone else with me on the fact that Mandy could be met with so much more respect if she just picked some more, for a lack of a better word, respectable roles?
Old 01-14-2004, 05:50 PM
Passionate Fan

Well she's getting respect, if you look at critic reviews, most of them critique her for her movie choices, not her acting. They actually praise her, and more often or not just state that she has far too much talent and potential to keep making films that just don't challenge her. And I couldn't agree more. I mean CL was cute, but i'm sure Mandy is capable of something much more challenging, she's got such talent, she needs to utilize it.

on a side note, i realized that this scene was in the movie, but u only saw it from the side, but just from this picture alone, you can see the chemistry that Mandy and Matt have.

notice how their fingers are touching, yea im a dork who notices little things like that.

Angela
Old 01-15-2004, 08:11 PM
Total Fan

True. Now to wait until her animated film. It should be ... interesting. There are some big name stars in it.
Old 01-16-2004, 04:55 AM
Obsessed Fan

Cojo on ET said that the dress Mandy wore at the PCAs was so-so..that the dress wore her instead of the other way around. i so disagree!

icon by Ron_Cullen
Old 01-16-2004, 10:52 PM
Total Fan

Did anyone else besides me catch Mandy on Sharon Osbourne's show? She performed "Drop the Pilot " (hee, "drop the monkey), showed a clip of her movie with Jena Malone (Mandy was all giddy about going to Sundance- hee again), and talked about tattoos. Hmm.
Old 01-17-2004, 03:13 AM
Passionate Fan

i watched it, it was cute.

it's up at http://zimmy.bm0wl.com/mm/ sorry, i didn't have space to upload the last part, mandy appearances always come in a big pile, lol.

Angela
Old 01-17-2004, 10:01 AM
Passionate Fan

saved! looks so freaking cheese.a.licious. i'm lovin' it. i love the way mandy says, "you are backsliding into the flames of hell." lmao. and then when she yells, "i am filled with christ love!" and throws her bible at jena. the girl is psychotic. woo hoo. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-17-2004, 10:11 AM
Supreme Fan

thanks for the downloads ang, i'm on cable at the minute so it won't take me as long as usual to get some mandy goodness. you're a star! [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]

the hq's i had from the pca's will be up soon. my computer went balls up this week, had to be reformmated... lost everything. so, y'know. catching up must be done.

also, there was a british star (supposedly) wearing the same dress as mandy at a recent british event. i'll scan the picture if for you guys later, although, i must admit mandy looks far better in it.

:://bri

"i'm not perfect or saved, baby." - wil wheaton
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top