Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2004, 03:11 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks mjw11 for the great article. Aren't we all beaming and so proud of our guy. It's like we all own a little piece of him personally.

I really have been enjoying the DVD but still haven't watched all of it yet (too many interuptions). I laughed about the part where he grabbed the girls crotch accidentally, where his agent warned Len that Scott likes to sort of run around the sets before a shoot, and of course the pictures actually being of his real family. Info I didn't know, that he doesn't streak his hair (he insists not). There was so much more that I loved. He and Kate having such a rough time filming the kissing because they would break out laughing.

We're not crazy for loving this guy, he is so charming. As J.J. said, part of his appeal is he really doesn't know how charming he is.

By the way, welcome back Erin, we truly missed you here.
Old 05-26-2004, 03:15 PM
Extreme Fan

Mercedes, we must have been posting at the same time, thanks for the great pictures. I hope you get the version in Spain also, it is so much fun to listen too. I will try and post some more of it.
Old 05-26-2004, 04:21 PM
Extreme Fan

Thank you all for your birthday wishes! I really appreciate it.

Old 05-26-2004, 10:08 PM
Extreme Fan

mjw11, thank you so much for the Speedy's Tribeca interview. The interviewer was clearly taken with this charming guy. Well, she should get in line -- there are so many more people (men and women) who feel "bewitched" by him. And we should know, shouldn't we?

Addie

Noel would never choose to be with somebody else, when he could be with you, Ben to Felicity.
Old 05-27-2004, 07:12 AM
Extreme Fan

I finished listening to the Underworld commentary last night and I have to say it really was enjoyable. Speedy is at his funniest. He left at one point and Kate and Len still talked a lot about him. Apparently he wanted to wear vampire makeup like the others but Len said no. And there is a very sexy kiss added into this extra. I don't know why they took it out of the movie. I love when in the movie the girl says, "Your Michael, he's not a human at all, he's a ......." and before she can say lycan, Kate chimes in "Canadian". They all had a good laugh at that.

There are so many bits and pieces that it's hard to remember them all, but if anyone else listened to it, I would like to hear your comments.
Old 05-27-2004, 09:25 AM
Extreme Fan

Not sure exactly what all this means, anyone care to decipher:

"Blue Valentine"
Radical Media producer and former Miramax exec Jack Lechner and writer/director/DP Derek Cianfrance ("Brother Tied") examine the contemporary American marriage, told on two tracks -- one, the marriage coming apart in the present, shot on digital video, the other, the couple coming together in the past, shot on film.

and here's the link:

http://www.google.ca/search?q=cache:...=en&lr=lang_en

what I meant to say is if these are being presented in September, when exactly will they be filmed or is it just the premise of the film they are selling???
Old 05-27-2004, 11:57 AM
Extreme Fan

One more thing about the DVD, when Speedy and Kate kiss the second time which is very sexy and longer (which we don't see in the first version), Len teases about how he kept yelling "cut" and they both ignored him. They said each time they had to kiss it would take about thirteen attempts because they both would break out laughing.
Old 05-27-2004, 03:17 PM
Total Fan

Maeve, thanks for the info on Blue Valentine. I wonder which part of the movie Scott is in. I think the info is from September of last year, which makes me think this is when the film was being shopped around for producers. So I don't think we can make any assumptions about when this movie will be shot. Though I am dying to know.

I am almost done with the commentary on the DVD. It is such fun to listen to! Scott has the most adorable laugh and he is so goofy, he makes me laugh so much. I loved the comments about his hair and when he said he felt like the child of divorced parents. He is so charming and so down to earth. I don't know why they tease him so much, maybe because he is the nervous type and is easy to tease. I liked how his agent warned Len Wiseman about his running around on set. And Scott said it's because he needs to keep his energy up and to loosen up.

I haven't got to the second kiss in the movie yet, but it sounds hot. I can't wait to see it. Is there more panting involved like in the outtakes? That was so funny. I have to say that the deleted scene where Michael talks about his wife was so touching. I know it was cut for pacing reasons or whatever, but it really is such a powerful scene. I love the little smile he does when remembering that his wife was more worried about him when she was dying. It was like this sweet memory of how loving his wife was. And the way he talks in the scene ("throaty" like Kate teases him) gives me goosebumps. I must've watched it 8 times in a row just to hear that sexy voice. He is so amazing, I was compleltely ennthralled.

Tumblr
Old 05-27-2004, 05:07 PM
Extreme Fan

Welcome back, Erin! How was Florida? You are ahead of us all. You've already had your vacation. We've tried to keep your thread alive. But now that you are back, you'll take the reigns, right?

Addie

Noel would never choose to be with somebody else, when he could be with you, Ben to Felicity.
Old 05-28-2004, 06:06 AM
Total Fan

Thanks for the welcome, Addie. I am glad to be back. I will certainly post lots of comments and pics, but no one person has the "reigns" of this thread. It is for all of us Speedy fans.

I watched the rest of the commentary last night as well as the hot kiss scene. No idea why that was not included. I thought it was sweet and very passionate. It seems they wanted this movie to be more action packed than character driven or romantic. And that is understandable considering the genre, but still disappointing. I can't get over that wonderful scene where Michael talks about his wife. Scott did a truly amazing job, and all in one take!

Anyway, here is a pic I won off ebay. It's from when Scottie won his "Face of the Future" award.

Tumblr
Old 05-28-2004, 08:31 AM
Extreme Fan

It is a very comical face, don't you think? It is nice to see Speedy in a good mood. He is definitely happy, surprised and proud -- all at once

Erin, by "reigns" I didn't mean exclusivity at this board. I meant leadership. The thread is definitely the domain of all the posters. I, for one, am extremely grateful to all our members. Thank You!

Addie

Old 05-28-2004, 10:50 AM
Extreme Fan

This is a post from May 23rd:

Good friends Scott Speedman and Ollie Hudson, Kate's brother, were hit on madly by drunk girls. Hudson's long-suffering fiancée, actress Erinn Bartlett, shrugged her shoulders and sighed, "You just get used to it."

and here's the link:

http://www.daypop.com/cached?q=scott...20040527033734
Old 05-29-2004, 09:28 AM
Extreme Fan

Some James Marsden thoughts on The 24th Day:

X-Men Stud Plays Gay
by Daniel R. Coleridge with Michael Ausiello

Just before filming X-Men 2, James Marsden — otherwise known as "Cyclops" — shot an unusual little indie film called The 24th Day. Currently in theaters, it stars Felicity's Scott Speedman as a vengeful man who kidnaps his former one-night stand. Speedman's character blames Marsden's for infecting him with HIV — and threatens to kill him if his suspicion is proved true. Critics have generally trashed Day, though more due to its controversial premise than the actors themselves. Still, we have to ask: What made these guys stick their necks out?

"Neither of us had really gotten the opportunity to dig in and do something intense," Marsden tells TV Guide Online. "Even if it was in an independent film that maybe no one would ever see, we both had that hunger to show that we are capable of doing more than just Felicity or Ally McBeal or X-Men. The roles called for this really raw intensity."

Actors who carve their niches as hunky (and very hetero) leading men are usually nervous about playing gay. "I'm married, I have a 3-year-old, I'm very secure and all that," Marsden scoffs. "Scott and I talked about this a lot. The worst thing we absolutely could do is chicken out and do a G-rated version of gay. You gotta go full out, you gotta go b---s to the wall and just do it.

"I didn't have any trepidation," he continues. "I guess I've never been [in show business] when there was anything to worry about playing a gay role. I've always seen that as a really good opportunity. I think you have to be fearless as an actor, and you have to be willing to take on many different challenges, personas and characters. So it was a fun thing for me to do that!"

In fact, Marsden just wrapped filming yet another gay role in Heights, a Merchant-Ivory film co-starring Glenn Close. And P.S.: He's in love with both Spider-Man 2's Elizabeth Banks and Jesse Bradford (Swimfan)! "Creatively, as an actor, the two roles that I've been most proud of are Heights and 24th Day," the 30-year-old declares, though he's quick to add, "I don't think we're seeing a trend in James Marsden's career to just only play gay characters. I [just like] what has been required of me as an actor from both of those films."

Old 05-30-2004, 05:09 AM
Extreme Fan

A slow day so a couple of older sightings:

May 26, 2004 @ 10:27 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I met Scott Speedman a few years ago, when I was working for a big internet company in downtown Toronto. i was walking through the lobby of the company's building, and I noticed a guy wearing really cool shoes. (They were blue with bright orange striped... I don't know, I thought they were neat.)

So I walked up to him and said, "Hey, buddy, you've got cool shoes." Then I realized who it was. "You're Scott Speedman! ...er, you know who you are."

He laughed, and asked me my name. I told him, and he said, "Nice to meet you, [Panthrax]. What are you up to?"

"Um, I'm just getting back from lunch. I should probably go back to work."

He smiled his beautiful smile and said, "Have a good day."

"You, too!" I ran back up to my desk and told my boss, who immediately ran down to the lobby to look for him, but he was already gone. She was very disappointed.

My friends still make fun of me for noticing Scott Speedman's shoes before I noticed him.

May 26, 2004 @ 10:49 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I also met Scott Speedman at an airport lounge a few years ago. I too didn't recognize him at all, I was just sitting at the bar waiting for a flight and watching the news about the 2000 election (it was doing the recount) anyway this cute guy, the bartender and I were having a conversation. We all introduced ourselves and he said his name was Scott but since I had never seen Felicity, it didn't ring any bells. Then these teenage girls behind us started freaking the hell out and being like oh my god its Scott Speedman and came up and asked him for his autograph. When they left I asked him if it was horrible that I didn't recognize him and he just said no, he was on a tv show.

And to complete my encounters with stars of JJ Abrams television shows in airport lounges, I met Michael Vartan in the lounge at Heathrow two years ago but I recognized him.
Old 05-30-2004, 06:26 AM
Total Fan

Thanks for those sightings, Maeve. I can't even imagine not recognizing Scott! That would never happen. I would be so tongue tied and completely red faced with excitement, he would certainly think me crazy! I mean, if I saw him in either of those situations. I would want to talk to him and he would likely try to get away as fast as he could!

Tumblr
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top