Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2004, 02:56 PM
Extreme Fan

Costume Designer? It seemed like a viewer, but how could he have seen it? Here is the link.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0246404/

Addie

Noel would never choose to be with somebody else, when he could be with you, Ben to Felicity.
Old 02-19-2004, 03:06 PM
Extreme Fan

Addie, the same guy wrote to The Unofficial Scott Speedman site and was upset that they had posted an interview with Scott whereby he had trashed the film. He explained how he was connected. Unfortunately the SS site now can not be accessed. But trust me, this is the same guy.
Old 02-19-2004, 03:15 PM
Extreme Fan

Addie, I found the actual post, here it is:

Visitor's Name: leonard pollack
You are from:
Ever seen Scott? Details? THE 24th DAY
Comments: have been trying to no avail to have you remove the negative comment made on the 24th day and the hopes that it will never be released.i know that scott having seen the last cut of the film that he is very happy with the product. he very well should be, its the best thing he has EVER done as . he and james marsden will finally be seen as actors of substance and not just two pretty boys. i was the designer on this film and i will admit that the first cut WAS terrible and perhaps thats where you got the quote from. and who the hell is this Martha.this film will blow you away. let me be the first to tell you that and the sooner you get that remark off your site the happier you will be. trust me that you will not be taken seriously if it remains. this film is a small masterpiece in its writing direction and acting. leonard pollack ps. shame on scott if he had anything to do with this.

Also from the IMDB for the same movie:

zachlen48
philadelphia

Date: 30 November 2003
Summary: a thrill ride for all

having seen THE 24th DAY, i must tell all serious film goers that this film although done on a small budget is one of the best films i've seen in years.the story is very intense and the writing sensational. very rare in the schlock that the industry seems to be turning out lately. should anyone reading this know of the actors Scott Speedman and James Marsden's past work, trust me when i say these two performances will blow you away.you will leave the theatre drained with MUCH to talk about for quite some time. i will not mention the story line due to all the turns it makes. after 10 minutes i trust that no one will be able to turn away. its that powerful. glad i could be the first to write something on this little masterpiece.

These two posts had the same e-mail address.
Old 02-19-2004, 06:02 PM
Extreme Fan

Maeve, now I know the rest of the story. Thank you for "digging" it up. But I would still want to see the film.

Addie

Noel would never choose to be with somebody else, when he could be with you, Ben to Felicity.
Old 02-19-2004, 06:43 PM
Extreme Fan

Are you kidding, me too!!! It could be one of his best performances ever.
Old 02-19-2004, 07:14 PM
Total Fan

Controversial or not, I can't wait to see any new Speedy performance. Personally, I respect his willingness to take a chance with this risky role in "The 24th Day." I hope it finds a distributor and this piece of Speedy's work is then available for our viewing. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Tumblr
Old 02-19-2004, 07:30 PM
Extreme Fan

I have a feeling that the DVD will come out first. I can't wait to see the film in whatever form!

Addie

Old 02-19-2004, 09:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Maeve123:
Aussie Gal, please come back and tell us what you think of Dark Blue. He was so good in the movie. I hope you like it.

Well, I really enjoyed watching it on a nice clear picture. There were not any scenes that I hadn't seen already, but I did watch the extra bits a few times. Pity there was not Scott interview though.

I thought he did a great job (and Kurt too). I still don't like what happens to Scott's character any more than the first time I saw it. [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img]
Old 02-20-2004, 06:30 AM
Total Fan

Check out this batch of Speedy goodies up for sale on ebay:

I placed a bid on the collection and really hope to win it. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Tumblr
Old 02-20-2004, 06:40 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Aussie Gal:

Well, I really enjoyed watching it on a nice clear picture. There were not any scenes that I hadn't seen already, but I did watch the extra bits a few times. Pity there was not Scott interview though.

I thought he did a great job (and Kurt too). I still
don't like what happens to Scott's character any more than the first time I saw it. [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img]
I too thought the movie was really under rated. I really liked it, although it was quite violent. Kurt Russell gave a very dynamic performance and I thought Speedie was perfect as the rookie.

Thanks for checking back in on it.
Old 02-20-2004, 06:41 AM
Extreme Fan

Erin, I saw those pics up at ebay and they look incredible. Good Luck!!!
Old 02-20-2004, 07:47 AM
Loyal Fan

Hey!

I don't know if you already know this: The kitchen Partywill be released on DVD, on February 24, 2004. You can buy it on Amazon.com

Here's the link: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...d&vi=tech-info

[img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
Old 02-20-2004, 08:13 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by dune:
Hey!

I don't know if you already know this: The kitchen Partywill be released on DVD, on February 24, 2004. You can buy it on Amazon.com

Here's the link: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00012QKVK/104-9016561-0 430353?v=glance&s=dvd&vi=tech-info

[img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
I bought Kitchen Party off eBay a few years ago and I wasn't disappointed. Speedy is so young and cute and he does a terrific job. If you haven't seen it, I would recommend getting it or at least renting it. It's a pretty good story.

Love, Jan
Old 02-20-2004, 08:28 AM
Extreme Fan

Thanks Dune and Jan, it looks like Speedie's popularity has caused them to release this movie on DVD. I have seen it also and he is adorable in it.
Old 02-20-2004, 10:22 AM
Extreme Fan

Hey, guys! "Kitchen Party" is a terrific film. I saw it in a VHS edition which I had ordered from the Canadian Amazon site. It was a while ago when noone spoke of the movie yet. Now that Speedy is gaining in popularity, it will finally come out in the DVD format in the US. I've ordered it and can't wait to see it again. I hope the DVD will last longer and will be less given to damage. I absolutely loved the film -- humorous, but with a bite to it. Very clever, as well.

Addie

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top