Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2004, 06:13 PM
Master Fan

I love the icons Jennifer Snagged the 2nd to last

That is a great pic YellowRose
Old 06-24-2004, 06:39 PM
Ultimate Fan

omg i haven't in a little bit...i can't wait!!!!! tomorrow night i am seeing the notebook tomorrow night with my best friend!!!!i still have to finish reading the book..
Old 06-24-2004, 08:09 PM
Master Fan

I just got my mom to read it, she finished it in one day like Like mother like daughter. I can't wait to see it tomorrow!.

Old 06-24-2004, 09:15 PM
Ultimate Fan

jennifer u make beautiful avators..i love them!!!
Old 06-24-2004, 10:28 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by RoswellCutie86
jennifer u make beautiful avators..i love them!!!
Thank you I made alot more Rachel on her thread.
Old 06-25-2004, 04:29 AM
Ultimate Fan

o great!!!! i am officially seeing "the notebook" in 12 hrs!!!!!
Old 06-25-2004, 06:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Amy, great picture....I like the one where there looking at each other.
Old 06-25-2004, 11:35 AM
Loyal Fan

Hotlinking

Hello,

Well, I just joined, but I can't say it's for Ryan-Happy reasons. Although he is sublime. You may know my username.

The reason I joined is because you folks, who seem quite nice and all that so this isn't personal, are hotlinking your images. You know, "stealing" webspace. When you direct link to an image to post in the message board, it's hotlinking, and one of the reasons Slightly Askew's galleries are down is because of this message board. You've been hotlinking at a pretty furious pace.

And it's not only hotlinking to SA. You've been hotlinking to other sites too. I suppose hotlinking isn't a big deal if you do it to Yahoo by directly linking to their sites (big corporation can afford a little bandwidth, I think), and until you hotlink to my account, it's not personal.

But Krissy, Slightly Askew's owner, pays for her bandwidth. This is why it's common netiquette to save a pic to your own computer, upload it on your own webspace, and then post the image. And not only would it be nice if Slightly Askew were generating actual hits instead of these pseudo-hit things this creates because, hey, that's why she created the site, but you know, she can take down whatever she wants from the gallery if her bandwidth continues to be an issue.

But Krissy would prefer not be like other Ryan sites, so sharing is a good thing. Let's keep the sharing happening, and remember not to hotlink.

And the good news is that you don't need to buy yourselves webspace in order to post pictures. Sign up for an account with a free hosting site like Photobucket. It's really easy to use and maintain so there's virtually no reason not to.

So...yeah, I guess that's it. Bad posters. *wristslap* In all seriousness, stop hotlinking. Because she's scary when she's mad. I cower.
Old 06-25-2004, 12:27 PM
Passionate Fan

I just returned from seeing "The Notebook". It was fabulous.

I read a horrible review in my city's newspaper this morning, which I find completely false.

Honestly, it's an incredible movie.
Old 06-25-2004, 02:09 PM
Master Fan

I'm going to go see it in a few hours.
Old 06-25-2004, 04:14 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah, my local newspaper gave the movie 2/5 five stars. I still have to go see it.
Old 06-25-2004, 04:46 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Re: Hotlinking

PLEASE READ!!

Quote:
9) Do not post the same picture over and over in a thread. Don't quote pictures - if you quote someone, please edit out the image before submitting your reply. If you don't follow these rules, your picture(s) will be deleted.

Also, please note that when you post pictures directly from another website, you’re basically using that site's bandwidth. Every time someone at FF views the picture on our boards, the owner of the website that hosts the image gets charged for bandwidth use. This is known as "bandwidth theft." We would prefer it if you'd post a text link to the picture using the [url] tag instead of displaying the picture in a post using the [img] tag, because then the owner of the website only gets charged for bandwidth if people click on the link.

We've been nicely asked not to directly post pics from Slightly Askew's, so please stop.
Old 06-25-2004, 05:34 PM
Passionate Fan

downinnewyork and C h r i s: Thank you for bringing the issue to our attention. I, for one, will start posting links to pictures instead of the actual pictures.
Old 06-25-2004, 06:03 PM
Master Fan

I am totally a Ryan fan now. He melted my heart in The Notebook
Old 06-25-2004, 06:59 PM
Passionate Fan

I'm taking my mom to see it . She said she wants to see the movie then read the book.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top