Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2004, 09:20 AM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks for the bigger pictures. I swear that second one down looks like Ryan's thinking of kissing Rachel.
Old 06-22-2004, 09:47 AM
Passionate Fan

Thanks for the pictures. Wow he looks really really good! She's onr lucky girl!
Old 06-22-2004, 09:55 AM
Dedicated Fan

I visited the movie's offical site this morning I was able to watch the extended version of the films trailer. It was so awesome...I am dying to see this movie. It seems so sweet. If you haven't visited the site...you must, must, must....

http://www.thenotebookmovie.com/

"If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them. And if you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same." Luke 6:32-33

Old 06-22-2004, 10:36 AM
Ultimate Fan

i am so happy!!!! new thread for ryan!! 3 days left...ohh they are showing on E! News Live at 7 p.m. the premiere of the notebook and they might be showing it on extra too that starts at 7 p.m. as well and on entertainment tonight and access hollywood which starts 7:30
Old 06-22-2004, 10:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

thanks for the info.

Amy, I think that picture was from SA.
Old 06-22-2004, 11:39 AM
Extreme Fan

awesome pics!! Ryan looks so HOT and Rachel looks beautiful! They look so cute together I will watch ET tonight to see if they show the premiere.

Because maybe
You're gonna be the one that saves me
And afterall
You're my wonderwall
Old 06-22-2004, 12:21 PM
Moderator Support Team

Article from Toronto Star, June 22, 2004:

Mouse Clubber to love interest

Ex-Mouseketeer Ryan Gosling
Cornwall native in The Notebook

SEAN DALY
SPECIAL TO THE STAR

LOS ANGELES - You'd think Ryan Gosling would have no problem finding that one special girl. This is, after all, the same guy who reportedly spent most of 2002 romancing his Murder By Numbers co-star Sandra Bullock. But remind the hunky 23-year-old actor about his heartthrob status and legion of adoring female fans, and he immediately dismisses both with a laugh: "They need to get glasses."

Gosling, you see, is not the typical Hollywood Casanova. Behind the rugged six-foot, one-inch physique and bright white movie-star smile is a shy, humble kid from Cornwall, Ont., who was so self-conscious during his years at Lester B. Pearson High School that he would sometimes intentionally skip class picture day. "I didn't want to be judged," he remembers.

Never mind the constant bullying from fellow students. "I was singled out as `the stupid guy' and beat up every single day," Gosling revealed in a recently published interview. Now the former TV Mouseketeer — who was home-schooled for a year during elementary school — admits there was actually more to the story and wants to set the record straight.

"The truth is I picked most of those fights," he says. "I just lost most of them. I told my mother I got beat up just to get some sympathy. It really wasn't so bad."

Gosling's grades, however, were another story. He never excelled in the classroom, but did form close bonds with several faculty members, including his history, world religion, and auto shop teachers. Still, that doesn't mean Gosling is the guy to call if your Honda Civic blows a gasket on the shoulder of Lakeshore Blvd. "I can fill up your tank, but that's about it," he reports with a laugh. "I can take care of that and maybe washing the windows ..."

Luckily, Gosling never planned on becoming a grease monkey. The only son born to Donna, a hospital worker, and Thomas, a paper mill employee, he grew up "thinking about normal kid stuff, like being an astronaut or a policeman or a fireman or whatever." Then at age 11, he got his first big break — a regular spot on The New Mickey Mouse Club. During the two-year stint, Gosling admits he was reprimanded for sharing his knowledge of the birds and the bees with young cast-mates Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake and Christina Aguilera.

"They would come and ask me questions about sex and I just told them what I heard — like positions and stuff," he confessed two years ago. "All the mothers went to Disney and told them I was corrupting their kids."

Gosling — known to some of his friends as Opie — hasn't seen much of his former co-stars lately. "We don't really talk," he told E! Online. "It's kind of like high school. You have great friends and then you get older and you just have your own lives."

Not that there is much time for social activities anyway. An accomplished jazz guitarist who once earned extra cash singing with his older sister Mandi at weddings and fashion shows, Gosling has already appeared in more than a dozen films including Remember The Titans and The Believer. On Friday he makes his debut as a leading man in the tear-jerker The Notebook, an adaptation of Nicholas Sparks' best-selling paperback.

"Basically, I play a guy that writes 365 letters to a girl who is engaged to someone else," Gosling said. "And he builds a house for her and kind of pretends to live with her. In any other movie, this guy is getting locked up, but here, that stuff is romantic."

Gosling has played guys who were equally passionate before — most recently in The United States Of Leland — "but their passions were paid for with jail time or death. This guy gets the girl. And that's the way it should be if you ask me."

"The girl" is a fellow Canadian Rachel McAdams, most recently seen in the high school comedy Mean Girls. The two actors never met until the first day of script reading. This time around there was no romance on the set. In fact, it took a little time to develop their onscreen chemistry, McAdams says.

"There's so many trust issues and working all that stuff out in the beginning takes a lot of time getting to know a partner. But I think we took on the personality of our characters as well. Ryan was quiet and settled and very intellectual and became that Man of the Earth. I was sort of flying up over here and bouncing all the walls. We were total opposites."

The Notebook is a flashback story set in the southern United States during the early 1940s. McAdams is a spoiled rich girl who finds her one true love in a working class boy named Noah.

"Doing this film made me a blubbering idiot ready to fall in love at the drop of a hat," Gosling said. "Of course, by the time I finish Che (his next project, about Argentine insurrectionist Che Guevara, a longtime comrade of Fidel Castro) I'll be ready to start a revolution. So I better find the love of my life pretty quick."Ryan Gosling was a Mouseketeer with Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake and Christina Aguilera.Ryan Gosling was a Mousketeer with Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake and Christina Aguilera.
Old 06-22-2004, 01:19 PM
Passionate Fan

- Helen -: Thank you for posting those pictures! The bigger versions are easier to see.

RoswellCutie86: Thanks for that info!

M_J_23: I'll post that picture with the ducks as soon as the SA galleries come back up!

quarterley: Thank you so much for that article!! Welcome to the thread!
Old 06-22-2004, 01:33 PM
Master Fan

Aww, he looks so cute. I love how effortless he looks, like he's not all shiny hair and Gucci suit. It's sexy....

Except smoking! Bad, Ryan. Eh, I'll get him to quit before the wedding.

lex/lana("I did it for you") felicity/noel("you're my first boyfriend") trey/alex(mixing business with pleasure) seth/chloe(every superhero needs a lois lane)
Old 06-22-2004, 01:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

quarteley, thanks for posting. I never realized he was in the Mickey Mouse Club too. I seen a picture of him w/ the cast.
Old 06-22-2004, 01:52 PM
Dedicated Fan

Aww thanks for the pictures Ryan looks great. And the premiere was 5 minutes from my house. Ryan was that close to me and I did absolutely nohing about it.
Old 06-22-2004, 02:22 PM
Dedicated Fan

Lovely pics...awww they are both so cute together. Is anyone willing to make some avatars of the pics from the premiere? I would be forever greatful.
Old 06-22-2004, 04:28 PM
Ultimate Fan

hey people!!! np yellowrose btw my name is stefanie... don't forget everybody!!!rachel is on jimmy kimmel live tonight!!!!
Old 06-22-2004, 04:57 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by RoswellCutie86
hey people!!! np yellowrose btw my name is stefanie... don't forget everybody!!!rachel is on jimmy kimmel live tonight!!!!
Thanks for the reminder
Old 06-22-2004, 05:57 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by last beautiful girl

Except smoking! Bad, Ryan. Eh, I'll get him to quit before the wedding.
You're marrying him too?! Why, I was under the impression he was betrothed to me. Ryan & I shall have words over this.