Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2011, 03:32 AM
Master Fan

I am trying to avoid reading negative stuff about shows I like lately. At the moment I am trying to be positive about all things.

for the comment about Kris being a powerhouse.

Oh and Happy Mothers Day to everyone who is a Mum and happy Mothers Day to those of you who aren't Mums but love yours.

"Why'd you have to be so cute, it's impossible to ignore you." Icon: Sweet Pea.
Cee Cee
cee_cee_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 04:08 AM
Part-Time Fan

Yay for my Alex (drool) Avatar!!

Sheer devestation for the next link.....if its true

Ringer: Unlikely to be picked up? Ringer: Revenge & Redemption - Ringer: Unlikely to be picked up?

Could just be speculation and until its confirmed im still going to keep optimistic. Apparently at last years upfronts 'Blue Bloods' didnt register very positively until 24hours before the presentation....and is now gearing up for a second season so Im keeping positive that 'Ringer' surprise everyone

Last edited by hb010; 05-08-2011 at 04:20 AM
hb010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:43 AM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah Heather, devastation if its true. To be frank I dont really care about SMG. She'll easily get work, though I know in Hollywood,for women aged 35 and over its a struggle.

I'm trying to be optimistic but if I'm honest I'm preparing for the worst

Cee Cee I have just been reading about all the australian actors / actresses who are taking over Hollywood on the small and large screen. They do the american accent so good its a surprise to see that so many are really ozzies. Alex, of course ,is leading from the front

Last edited by pictures of you; 05-08-2011 at 08:49 AM
pictures of you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 02:16 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hb010 (View Post)
Yay for my Alex (drool) Avatar!!

Sheer devestation for the next link.....if its true

Ringer: Unlikely to be picked up? Ringer: Revenge & Redemption - Ringer: Unlikely to be picked up?

Could just be speculation and until its confirmed im still going to keep optimistic. Apparently at last years upfronts 'Blue Bloods' didnt register very positively until 24hours before the presentation....and is now gearing up for a second season so Im keeping positive that 'Ringer' surprise everyone
to the link. I still have my fingers crossed for the show.

Cee Cee
Old 05-11-2011, 03:29 AM
Part-Time Fan

Morning people......hope were all throwing the good vibes Polahas way for the pick up!!

Question though what happens if the show does go to a cable network??? Not sure I understand what that means being a Brit and all

Ditto Sarah Michelle Gellar's Ringer: Despite a flood of support from SMG's Internet armies, one agent told us he's already heard buzz that its producers are trying to shop the show to a cable network.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:59 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah definitely doing the good vibe thing for Polaha

(it must be a worrying time for all concerned )

I don't know either Heather, about the show going to a cable network, but we could still see Ringer in the UK even if it goes to cable channel because we get american cable shows here in the UK all the time. For example I think Sex and the City was a US cable show, and UK channels like SKY and E4 / More 4 shows lots of US cable shows. I think SKY ATLANTIC shows lots of stuff from that US cable network HBO.

We have just got to hope and pray that a channel, any channel, picks -up Ringer
Old 05-11-2011, 10:49 PM
Loyal Fan

Another article, I don't know what to believe anymore.
Quote:
Sarah Michelle Gellar looks to return to primetime with CBS’ pilot “Ringer”

The point is that whether you want to admit it or not, CBS has been able to re-invent themselves, but still that “procedural” tag (which has made them so much money) can also act as a hindrance. It is also something they hope will change if Sarah Michelle Gellar’s new pilot “Ringer,” lives up to the buzz it has been gathering in the last few days.

Regardless, Gellar’s star power is still sizeable and the network would probably love to add her to their primetime lineup. In fact the latest rumors being reported by sites like Deadline.com suggest that it’s possible the show could get greenlit just on her name alone. While it wouldn’t be the first time something like that has happened, it would still be a big risk to take for a network coming off the kind of success they had last fall. Although in this competitive upfront landscape sometimes it’s really all about the buzz.

Lilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 11:30 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thank you Lilla, I'm feeling more hopeful after reading that article...poor Kris, I'm sure he's use to all of the uncertainity because its part of the business, but he must be living on his last nerve

Upfronts next week , but still no official word that LUX has been cancelled. What an outragous way to treat the cast and the viewing public!
Old 05-12-2011, 12:03 AM
Part-Time Fan

Morning everybody peeps

There are so many mixed signals about Ringer....your right Lilla I too dont know what to believe now. Think the only thing we can do is wait the tentative 6 days for the truth. I also agree with you Carol, not sure how hes feeling but it must be an anxious time for the fella. I have no patience and im only a viewer so it must be awful having to wait for news on wheter you get the pick up but I daresay its part of the game when your an actor.

Slightly annoyed though with the way they are saying SMG is the selling point for the show.....er hello Nestor Carbonell, Ioan Gruffudd and our very own Kristoffer Polaha shouldnt be over looked as talent!! If it wasnt for the rest of the cast there wouldn't be a show!!!!

Anywho, hows our very own bundle of talent Cristal......you have been ubber quiet. Hope your not locked up in a dark room waiting for news
Old 05-12-2011, 05:10 AM
Elite Fan

Yes, yes. I've been spreading myself thin lately with the last few weeks of school (Graduation was the 8th!) and work. Right now I'm kind of staying away from the computer as much as I can or else I'll drive myself insane sooner rather than later. I know the reality of no more school is going to kick in at some point and I want to get things done off the computer before then

I was watching a fairly new show, Chicago Code, catching up on it all Tuesday and Wednesday...just to find out last night that they ended up pulling the plug Tuesday night and there won't be a season 2 I am really really getting tired of getting invested with shows and finding it canceled before they even get a fighting chance! My fingers are crossed for Ringer, I'll just keep my emotional distance from it for my own sanity
Old 05-12-2011, 06:31 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hey Cristal!!! Sounds like you deserve a big chill and cold beer

That 'Chicago Code' codes starts tonight in the UK and I saw that its already been given the chop so not sure its worth watching now especially as I already know its not getting renewed. Bit annoyed about Lie to me getting the chop too, I loved that show too. Not quite sure what these networks are looking for if im honest. Im with you though Cristal, you invest 45 minutes of your life to a show only to find out that its face doesnt fit!!!
Old 05-12-2011, 12:53 PM
New Fan

Hello ladies (I assume we r all laadies if not sorry ). I've been absent because my baby boy was terrible ill or is it sick, I dont know wich word is the correct one, so any news ?????? I don't remember the date of the upfronts (don't really know wath is that but it has something with the yes or no to a tv show right?)
Baby calling I'll log in later bye love you people
Sorry misspeeling writng fast

Last edited by niru; 05-12-2011 at 12:58 PM
niru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 03:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

Niru I'm sending you a hug. I'm sorry your baby is sick I hope the baby gets better soon.

Yes you're right about the Upfronts, Niru. They start next week in New York. The networks will make their announcements about their schedules and new shows. CBS announcement is at 3 pm on May 17 (I thinks thats 9 pm UK time). I hope everyone will be on line ...to let me know whats happening.
The CW announcements is on May 18. If I'm wrong could someone let me know.

Congratulations on graduating Cristal

"Lie to me" has been cancelled? Awww, I didn't know And yes, I'm also getting tired of how SMG is the only one getting a mention on all the blogs. I know its her "vehicle" and she's a producer, but KPo and Ioan are the biggest draw in my opinion. They are bringing the juicey and the spicey to the project!

BREAKING NEWS PEEPS> RINGER HAS BEEN PICKED UP !!!!! YEAHHHH!!!

Last edited by pictures of you; 05-13-2011 at 03:12 PM
Old 05-13-2011, 08:03 PM
Master Fan

Oh Niru, I am a mum too so it is awful when your little ones aren't well.

Cristal on graduating.

CW picking up Ringer, very exciting - GO KRIS!!!

Sarah Michelle Gellar's CBS Thriller Gets Green Light - But There's a Twist! - TVLine

Cee Cee
Old 05-13-2011, 08:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by niru (View Post)
Hello ladies (I assume we r all laadies if not sorry ). I've been absent because my baby boy was terrible ill or is it sick, I dont know wich word is the correct one, so any news ?????? I don't remember the date of the upfronts (don't really know wath is that but it has something with the yes or no to a tv show right?)
Baby calling I'll log in later bye love you people
Sorry misspeeling writng fast
I'm sorry to hear about that. Is he okay. As a mother I feel your pain when one of your little ones are sick. I hope he is doing better.

Yay for Kris's show getting picked up.