Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2024, 07:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Laugh (View Post)
Alex...it would be under the James Gunn DCE-Universe... so yea, I think he would have the final say so on scripts, storylines, number of epps and stuff.... it would probably be on HBO Max whenever it comes out. I'd be OK with a Smallville 2 or 3 part movie instead...but prefer the animated SV series.

Wikii has a good summary on the comic version of Smallville [after the series ended]...so I would hope they use that storyline https://smallville.fandom.com/wiki/Smallville_Season_11

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too, Dave. Wherever the Smallville season 11 comic left off is probably where the animated series will probably pick up, or perhaps it'll be inspired by the comics.

Hi, dragonfire!

You're welcome.

Thanks.

You're welcome again.

You're welcome again.

Oh, they did? I wasn't sure if they did. I knew X-Men and Spider-Man did, but I wasn't sure about Hulk or Iron Man. I guess Avengers EMH didn't?

I see. Well, I think most fans prefer Avengers EMH over Avengers Assemble.

Thanks for the link! It's about time Marvel started treating Cyclops well.
Old 03-28-2024, 03:25 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)

Hi, dragonfire!

You're welcome.

Thanks.

You're welcome again.

You're welcome again.

Oh, they did? I wasn't sure if they did. I knew X-Men and Spider-Man did, but I wasn't sure about Hulk or Iron Man. I guess Avengers EMH didn't?

I see. Well, I think most fans prefer Avengers EMH over Avengers Assemble.

Thanks for the link! It's about time Marvel started treating Cyclops well.
Hey Alex.

Thanks.

No problem.

Thanks.

Thanks.

Yes. I see. No, EMH existed in it's own universe.

The reason why I don't know about a revival for EMH is because it don't have the nostalgia like X-Men TAS and Spider-Man TAS.

They do.

No problem. Indeed.

Oh, episode 3 was great. If you know the comic story then it played out like you would expected although there were some changes for the better.

Can't wait until episode 4.

Quote:
IGN
X-Men '97: 5 New Details Revealed in Marvel's Prequel Comic
Find out how Marvel's X-Men '97 prequel comic fills in the gaps between the new animated series and its predecessor, and check out the...
https://www.ign.com/articles/x-men-9...-prequel-comic

Quote:
IGN
X-Men ’97 Cast on the Legacy of First Class Mutants & Original Animated Series
Diving deep into what Marvel fans can expect from X-Men 97, the cast of the animated Disney Plus series sit down with Akeem Lawanson and IGN...
https://www.ign.com/videos/x-men-97-...nimated-series

Quote:
IGN
X-Men '97: Original Wolverine and Rogue Voice Actors Had to Re-Audition to Be on the New Series
In a X-Men '97 voice cast roundtable with IGN, Cal Dodd and Lenore Zann reveal they had to re-audition in order to reprise their famous...
https://www.ign.com/articles/x-men-9...the-new-series

Last edited by dragonfire; 03-28-2024 at 06:33 PM
dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 03:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too, Dave. Wherever the Smallville season 11 comic left off is probably where the animated series will probably pick up, or perhaps it'll be inspired by the comics.
Alex...actually yea...they should just do season 11 comics in cartoon form... and see how it goes for the first season.
Make Them Laugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 11:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Alex...actually yea...they should just do season 11 comics in cartoon form... and see how it goes for the first season.
You think so, Dave? That might be interesting. Although maybe Tom and Michael might want to deviate from the comics a bit, since they and the creative staff of Smallville had little to do with the comics?

Hi, dragonfire!

You're welcome.

Okay.

You're welcome, and you're welcome again.

That sucks. Avengers deserved to be in the same universe as X-Men, Spider-Man, Iron Man, and F4.

Maybe, but I do know that of all the Avengers iterations in animation, EMH is the one fans prefer.

I just hope they keep up the good stuff with Cyclops.

Oh, really? What changes?

Thanks for the links! The actors for Wolverine and Rogue had to audition all over again?
Old 03-29-2024, 01:50 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Hi, dragonfire!

You're welcome.

Okay.

You're welcome, and you're welcome again.

That sucks. Avengers deserved to be in the same universe as X-Men, Spider-Man, Iron Man, and F4.

Maybe, but I do know that of all the Avengers iterations in animation, EMH is the one fans prefer.

I just hope they keep up the good stuff with Cyclops.

Oh, really? What changes?

Thanks for the links! The actors for Wolverine and Rogue had to audition all over again?
Hey Alex.

Thanks.

Yep.

Thanks.

They do exist. Spider-Man TAS referenced them.

I know.

Same although it's more of good drama.

Spoiler:

No problem. Yes.
Old 03-29-2024, 01:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

the new- Short Youtube SpiderVerse movie is out... via Sony [fundraiser]
Old 03-29-2024, 05:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
the new- Short Youtube SpiderVerse movie is out... via Sony [fundraiser]
Thanks for that video, Dave. That's... creepy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
Hey Alex.

Thanks.

Yep.

Thanks.

They do exist. Spider-Man TAS referenced them.

I know.

Same although it's more of good drama.

No problem. Yes.
Hi, dragonfire!

You're welcome.

Yes, I know the Avengers exist. Spider-Man TAS did reference them, and the Avengers did show up in X-Men TAS from what I remember. Hank Pym was shown in his Goliath outfit.

I see.

Thanks for the spoilers. It seems like a variation of what happened in the comics, minus the Dark Phoenix stuff where Jean was put in a cocoon at the bottom of the ocean off the coast of Long Island, while the Jean/Phoenix doppelganger took her place and "died," and then Scott moved on with Madelyne and had Nathan, not knowing she was a Jean clone created by Mister Sinister, and then the real Jean's cocoon was discovered by the Avengers and she was awakened by the Fantastic Four, and then she reunited with Scott, Hank, Warren, and Bobby in X-Factor. Looks like X-Men '97 sidestepped all of that. It'll be interesting to see how they resolve all of this. Madelyne thinking she was Jean and then adopting the name Madelyne is certainly a twist.

I'd be insulted if I were those actors. Auditioning for roles they already had back in the 90s?

Oh, and I know you probably don't find time to watch these, but here you go anyway.

X-Men '97 #1

X-Force #50

Wolverine #46

Cable #3

Rise of the Powers of X #3

The Amazing Spider-Man #46

Old 03-29-2024, 05:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

yea...its a creepy short video...but glad it's from the Miles Moralas storylines
Old 03-29-2024, 06:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Miles is originally from the Ultimate Comics universe, so I'm not too familiar with his storylines. I never read the Ultimates, and I really didn't like them from the moment they were first published in 2000. I didn't like Marvel creating a new alternate universe that just seemed to disrespect their original universe.
Old 03-29-2024, 06:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

You won't watch the video then...?
Old 03-29-2024, 06:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I already did watch the video, Dave. That's why I said it was creepy.

I just don't know much about Miles' storyline from the comics because I didn't really like the Ultimates. Now I've heard that Marvel has brought back the Ultimate universe, but it's a totally different one from the one that launched in 2000. They ended that one ten years ago, I think.
Old 03-29-2024, 06:57 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Hi, dragonfire!

You're welcome.

Yes, I know the Avengers exist. Spider-Man TAS did reference them, and the Avengers did show up in X-Men TAS from what I remember. Hank Pym was shown in his Goliath outfit.

I see.

Thanks for the spoilers. It seems like a variation of what happened in the comics, minus the Dark Phoenix stuff where Jean was put in a cocoon at the bottom of the ocean off the coast of Long Island, while the Jean/Phoenix doppelganger took her place and "died," and then Scott moved on with Madelyne and had Nathan, not knowing she was a Jean clone created by Mister Sinister, and then the real Jean's cocoon was discovered by the Avengers and she was awakened by the Fantastic Four, and then she reunited with Scott, Hank, Warren, and Bobby in X-Factor. Looks like X-Men '97 sidestepped all of that. It'll be interesting to see how they resolve all of this. Madelyne thinking she was Jean and then adopting the name Madelyne is certainly a twist.

I'd be insulted if I were those actors. Auditioning for roles they already had back in the 90s?

Oh, and I know you probably don't find time to watch these, but here you go anyway.

X-Men '97 #1

X-Force #50

Wolverine #46

Cable #3

Rise of the Powers of X #3

The Amazing Spider-Man #46

Hey Alex.

Thanks.

I see.

Yep.

No problem. Yes they did. Yes it will. Yep. Oh, one thing that did surprised me but I'm glad they did it was they added
Spoiler:
in the episode.

I thought the same until I read the interview, and found out at first they didn't know it was for X-Men '97 until they read some lines for Wolverine and Rogue.

Plus having the cast return was one of Feige's mandates. The other mandate was the X-Men TAS music which apparently Disney paid a lot of money for the theme.

Thanks. I'll probably watch the X-Men '97 one since it bridges the gap between X-Men TAS and X-Men '97.
Old 03-30-2024, 05:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I already did watch the video, Dave. That's why I said it was creepy.

I just don't know much about Miles' storyline from the comics because I didn't really like the Ultimates. Now I've heard that Marvel has brought back the Ultimate universe, but it's a totally different one from the one that launched in 2000. They ended that one ten years ago, I think.
I enjoyed the first two Spider-verse Miles movies...especially the second one where they went cray-cray on all the spidermen life out there.
Old 03-30-2024, 07:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I enjoyed the first two Spider-verse Miles movies...especially the second one where they went cray-cray on all the spidermen life out there.
Well, I think I know some of those alternate Spider-Men, like Miguel O'Hara from Spider-Man 2099, and Spider-Man Noir, and Peter Porker: the Spectacular Spider-Ham.

Hi, dragonfire!

You're welcome.

You don't remember the Avengers showing up in the X-Men/Spider-Man TAS universe?

Thanks for the info. Yeah, I do believe I remember something about that car accident from Jean's story in the comics. And she had a Cyclops doll? How adorable.

How could they not have known what the audition was for? Were they shocked that they were gonna be playing their old roles? That must've been fun.

I'm sick of Feige's mandates. He's the reason why Hank and Janet aren't in the Avengers.

You're welcome. Yeah, I kinda hoped that one did bridge the gap.

The one for The Amazing Spider-Man is depressing.
Old 03-31-2024, 12:10 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Hi, dragonfire!

You're welcome.

You don't remember the Avengers showing up in the X-Men/Spider-Man TAS universe?

Thanks for the info. Yeah, I do believe I remember something about that car accident from Jean's story in the comics. And she had a Cyclops doll? How adorable.

How could they not have known what the audition was for? Were they shocked that they were gonna be playing their old roles? That must've been fun.

I'm sick of Feige's mandates. He's the reason why Hank and Janet aren't in the Avengers.

You're welcome. Yeah, I kinda hoped that one did bridge the gap.

The one for The Amazing Spider-Man is depressing.
Hey Alex.

Thanks.

I do. Oh, that reminds me in X-Men '97 episode 3 Beast referenced Gamma Radiation which the first thing I thought of was the Hulk/Bruce Banner.

No problem. I see. Yes. Indeed. I'm now thinking that maybe Scott got his Cyclops name from Jean when they first met which I hope they show it.

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if they have an episode showing how they met, and having it remind them why they fell in love in the first place especially with their relationship a mess now.

They weren't told until they audition for it. They probably were. Yes.

I know. To be honest seeing how he's treating the X-Men compare to the Avengers I can't help but think that maybe he was never really a fan of the Avengers.

Just look at X-Men '97, Deadpool & Wolverine, etc. It's like as soon as he found out he would get the X-Men, he did the Star Wars Execute Order 66 on the MCU.

Thanks. Same.

Figures. Spider-Man needs his TAS revival ASAP because X-Men '97 is doing wonders for the X-Men.

Oh, would you believe the one who voice Jean in X-Men '97 is the same one who voiced Felica/Black Cat in Spider-Man TAS?

Quote:
Screen Rant
Every Way X-Men '97 Changed Cable's Origin Story
X-Men '97 has proffered a new origin story for fan-favorite X-Men: TAS character – Cable. However, they made some changes to his Marvel...
https://screenrant.com/x-men-97-cabl...ges-explained/
Reply   Post New Thread