Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2024, 01:17 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Hi, dragonfire!

Yep, the prophet strikes again. I hope you're right about Spider-Man TAS as well.

You're welcome.

I got your PM, thanks. I replied.

I see. He's not gonna say anything bad in public.

Spider-Man TAS came out in 1994? Why do I remember it coming out in 1992 alongside X-Men TAS? I could've sworn it came out earlier. But how did that play into MMPR?

Yep.

Yeah, I know. Not taking anything away from X-Men TAS. But nothing was on the same level as Batman TAS, except maybe Superman TAS, which should've been given more of a chance.

Also, shape shifting superheroes are a dime a dozen, dragonfire. Look at Ms. Marvel. She does the same thing that Morph does. So do Plastic Man and Martian Manhunter. It's not exactly a unique power.

Never mind, I read your PM.

Yeah, I think the negative public perception of Spider-Man was for different reasons. Jameson waging a smear campaign against him is a little different.

Well, the Hulk was feared by the public mostly because he was always on the rampage, but not She-Hulk. Jennifer maintaining her intelligence is was enabled her to not only earn the public trust, but remain a lawyer. Bruce couldn't control his rage, and that's why he was feared when someone like Ben Grimm/The Thing was not.

When did that comic come out? Well, Reed in the beginning had the F4 always exploring outer space, so they never spent enough time on Earth to be feared or seen as celebrities. But the F4 just always had a different dynamic, that of a family unit, which is what made them different from other superhumans. But that still doesn't explain why mutants were seen as all that different aside from the fact that they were born with their powers. Perhaps that's the reason? People becoming superhuman by freak accidents doesn't happen all that often, but if anyone could possibly be born a mutant, that might be a reason for paranoia.

You're welcome. I hope one day you'll watch them.

Thanks for the links! I can see you're gonna be euphoric about X-Men '97 for a while.
Hey Alex.

Indeed. Same.

Thanks.

No problem. Thanks.

Nope.

Yes. Good question. Because Saban was involved with X-Men TAS like for one the guy who did the MMPR theme did the X-Men TAS theme before the MMPR theme.

After X-Men TAS became a successful hit, Saban revealed a new show he kept trying to aired on TV to the CEO of Fox Kids who got X-Men TAS aired which just like X-Men TAS she got MMPR aired as well.

Like it wasn't for her then we probably wouldn't have X-Men TAS and MMPR because she was the main one who saw both shows would be hits unlike others who saw them as lost causes.

Yep.

I know but when I said X-Men TAS was ground breaking I should've said because of the storylines and not the animation.

I know but imagine if Deadpool had like a little brother with those powers because that's Morph.

I know.

I know.

I see.

2000s? I think it was an Ultimate F4 comic. I know it came with my first Redd action figure.

I see. I know. Yes, and especially because later on they added different power levels for Mutants like Star Wars did with the Jedi, Sith, etc.

Shoot in X-Men '97
Spoiler:

Thanks. I will.

No problem. Yeah, I'll mostly be posting X-Men '97 news until S1 is over in May so it's X-Men '97 for like three months.

Actually add Wizards as well since it'll film next month and can't forget about Deadpool & Wolverine in the Summer.

Plus in August is the Disney/D24 event which could be where they officially announce X-Men '97 S3 and maybe even a S4.
dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 04:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

guys.... the only downside to XMen 97 ...is that 8 episodes will take 8 weeks to air...one new episode per week the positive thing.... one can watch any episode as many times as they want to during the time after it initially airs
Make Them Laugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 07:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Laugh (View Post)
guys.... the only downside to XMen 97 ...is that 8 episodes will take 8 weeks to air...one new episode per week the positive thing.... one can watch any episode as many times as they want to during the time after it initially airs

Yeah, I know, Dave. dragonfire already told me about that.

Hi, dragonfire!

Well, let's hope!

You're welcome.

You're welcome again.

Well, I had a lot of stuff going on in the 1990s. And Saban was involved with X-Men TAS? Oh, the musical theme? Okay, now I can notice a similarity.

I see. But MMPR was a Japanese property, not a Marvel property. It was probably a little more difficult.

I see. Her? Saban is a woman?

I know. But I think that Batman TAS got a lot more critical raves for its writing, is all.

You're comparing Morph to Deadpool's little brother?

Glad you know.

Oh, an Ultimate F4 comic? That explains a lot. The Ultimates was totally separate from the main Marvel canon.

I know they did, I just can't remember when they came up with these mutant power levels. Don't remind me of what they did with the Jedi and Sith.

Yeah, I heard that Storm had been upgraded since the 1980s.

You're welcome. Thanks.

Cool! Yep, I'm sure you're gonna be in heaven the next couple of months.

I know, I got your PM about Wizards. OMG, that's just.... OMG.

What's D24 again?

I certainly hope so.

Oh, and here's the Spider-Man issue where I saw The Spot, dragonfire.

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 03-23-2024 at 07:54 PM
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 01:42 AM
Elite Fan

That's actually a good thing Dave. It's like how the comics, and X-Men TAS did.

Quote:

Hi, dragonfire!

Well, let's hope!

You're welcome.

You're welcome again.

Well, I had a lot of stuff going on in the 1990s. And Saban was involved with X-Men TAS? Oh, the musical theme? Okay, now I can notice a similarity.

I see. But MMPR was a Japanese property, not a Marvel property. It was probably a little more difficult.

I see. Her? Saban is a woman?

I know. But I think that Batman TAS got a lot more critical raves for its writing, is all.

You're comparing Morph to Deadpool's little brother?

Glad you know.

Oh, an Ultimate F4 comic? That explains a lot. The Ultimates was totally separate from the main Marvel canon.

I know they did, I just can't remember when they came up with these mutant power levels. Don't remind me of what they did with the Jedi and Sith.

Yeah, I heard that Storm had been upgraded since the 1980s.

You're welcome. Thanks.

Cool! Yep, I'm sure you're gonna be in heaven the next couple of months.

I know, I got your PM about Wizards. OMG, that's just.... OMG.

What's D24 again?

I certainly hope so.

Oh, and here's the Spider-Man issue where I saw The Spot, dragonfire.

Hey Alex.

Yes.

Thanks.

Thanks.

I know. Yes. Yes. Yep.

I know.

No, I meant her as in the CEO of Fox Kids.

It did.

More like if Deadpool had one it would be Morph.

Thanks.

Yes. I know.

Same. Mr. Sinister: Scott Summers midichlorian count is over twenty-thousand, even Charles Xavier don't have that high of a count.

I see.

Thanks. No problem.

Yep.

Good. We were just talking about the idea of them together on a couch not too long ago, and now look. Plus of course it's a yellow couch.

It's Disney's own Comic Con.

Same.

Thanks.
Old 03-24-2024, 05:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

many Youtubers [the ones with over 500K subscribers or so and 1000s of views on many videos] are saying that there will be a season 2 of XMen 97 just like there was What IF season 2.
Old 03-24-2024, 08:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
many Youtubers [the ones with over 500K subscribers or so and 1000s of views on many videos] are saying that there will be a season 2 of XMen 97 just like there was What IF season 2.

That's great news, Dave! I hope it happens.

Hi, dragonfire!

You're welcome, and you're welcome.

Glad you know. Cool.

Ohhh, that her. Sorry, I didn't know we were talking about Fox Kids CEO. I didn't know it had a CEO. I figured they were just a division of Fox Network.

I see. Or maybe Plastic Man.

You're welcome.

Glad you know.

Do mutants have midichlorians?

You're welcome.

I know, a yellow couch. Like a yellow umbrella.

Oh, yeah. I think I heard you mention Disney's comic con before.

You're welcome.
Old 03-24-2024, 11:29 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Hi, dragonfire!

Glad you know. Cool.

Ohhh, that her. Sorry, I didn't know we were talking about Fox Kids CEO. I didn't know it had a CEO. I figured they were just a division of Fox Network.

I see. Or maybe Plastic Man.

You're welcome.

Glad you know.

Do mutants have midichlorians?

You're welcome.

I know, a yellow couch. Like a yellow umbrella.

Oh, yeah. I think I heard you mention Disney's comic con before.

You're welcome.
Hey Alex.

Thanks.

Thanks. Yep.

Yes. It's ok. I see.

Maybe.

Thanks.

Thanks.

Good question. Also Cable: The X-Gene runs strong in my family. My father has it. I have it. My sister has it. You have that power too.

Thanks.

Yep. Yep.

Yes.

Thanks.

Quote:
Marvel.com
March 27's New Marvel Comics: The Full List
Return to '90s X-Men, meet the Ultimate Universe's Green Goblin, team up with Jackpot and Black Cat, and more in this week's comics!
Quote:
The '90s have never looked better in this week's Marvel Comics!

In Steve Foxe and Salva Espin's X-MEN '97 (2024) #1, the official prelude to X-Men '97 created in collaboration with the showrunners, discover what Storm, Jubilee, Wolverine, and the rest of the beloved '90s X-Men cast have been up to in the time before their return! Startling revelations here lead directly into the hotly anticipated new series!

Don't miss out on the critical developments in X-MEN '97 (2024) #1, on sale this Wednesday, March 27!
https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...ases-full-list

Quote:
X-MEN '97 Exclusive Interview With Director Jake Castorena On Return Of The X-Men, Easter Eggs & More
https://toonado.com/television/x-men...8350#gs.6dk0il

Quote:
X-MEN '97 Is Currently The Highest-Rated TV Show Of 2024 On Rotten Tomatoes
https://toonado.com/television/x-men...8353#gs.6dk5pe

Quote:
Marvel Animation May Be Considering A "Marvel '90s" Shared Universe Following X-MEN '97's Success
Quote:
According to The Cosmic Circus, "There have been discussions about exploring a Marvel 90s animated universe, which would most likely be explored through X-Men '97 at this time."

"There is potential for more projects to be developed within this universe, the most likely candidate being a sequel series to Spider-Man: The Animated Series, but this is still very early in development as an idea being tossed around."
https://toonado.com/television/marve...-success-a8352

Last edited by dragonfire; 03-25-2024 at 12:59 PM
Old 03-25-2024, 12:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Animated series....Smallville may be happening within next 5 or so years....it may be a continuation and NOT a reboot. The cast would be set reprise their roles. MR and James Gunn have a good relationship.

Old 03-25-2024, 07:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for that, Dave! I hope Bruce Wayne can finally show up in animation. Maybe they can get David Mazouz from Gotham for Bruce Wayne?

Hi, dragonfire!

Sorry. I didn't keep up on the behind the scenes stuff like you did.

Okay.

OMG. Let's not have Cable go all Luke Skywalker.

You're welcome.

Okay.

You're welcome.

You're welcome again.

Thanks for all those links! I can tell you're over the moon about the great reviews.
Old 03-25-2024, 09:06 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Hi, dragonfire!

Sorry. I didn't keep up on the behind the scenes stuff like you did.

Okay.

OMG. Let's not have Cable go all Luke Skywalker.

You're welcome.

Okay.

You're welcome.

You're welcome again.

Thanks for all those links! I can tell you're over the moon about the great reviews.
Hey Alex.

Thanks.

It's ok.

Yep.

Thanks.

Plus The X-Gene Awakens, The Last X-Men, and The Rise of Summers.

Thanks.

Yep.

Thanks.

Thanks.

No problem. Definitely, and that the return of the entire 90s Marvel animation universe could be happening especially Spider-Man TAS.

Quote:
Deadline
‘X-Men ’97’ Debuts To 4M Views On Disney+
Disney has shared some audience data for X-Men '97. The first two episodes of the Disney+ series launched on March 20.
Quote:
Disney has shared some audience data for X-Men ’97.

The first two episodes of the Disney+ series launched on March 20. According to the company, it is now the most viewed full-length animated series premiere on the streamer since What If…? Season 1.

The premiere episode alone has driven 4M views globally through its first 5 days, Disney says.

Disney defines a view as hours viewed divided by runtime. Each episode of X-Men ’97 is about 30 minutes long.

Also, views across all 5 seasons of the original 1992 X-Men animated series increased by 522% since the X-Men ’97 trailer launched on February 15.
https://deadline.com/2024/03/x-men-9...ey-1235868136/
Old 03-26-2024, 09:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Alex...well it would be James Gunn version....so yes, he's allowed to use Batman and even a younger Diana before she became Wonder Woman
Old 03-26-2024, 02:20 PM
Elite Fan

Old 03-26-2024, 06:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Alex...well it would be James Gunn version....so yes, he's allowed to use Batman and even a younger Diana before she became Wonder Woman
So the Smallville animated series would be produced by James Gunn? I'm... a bit hesitant about that. But if this show picks up where Smallville season 10 left off, then I'm guessing Bruce and Diana would have already become Batman and Wonder Woman by then, since Clark has already become Superman.

Thanks for that video, dragonfire!

Hi, dragonfire!

You're welcome.

Thanks.

You're welcome again.

Oh no, no more Star Wars titles.

You're welcome.

Was there a Marvel animation universe? You think they'll bring back Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, and the original Avengers EMH?

Thanks for the link! It's great that X-Men '97 is doing so well.
Old 03-26-2024, 07:08 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Thanks for that video, dragonfire!

Hi, dragonfire!

You're welcome.

Thanks.

You're welcome again.

Oh no, no more Star Wars titles.

You're welcome.

Was there a Marvel animation universe? You think they'll bring back Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, and the original Avengers EMH?

Thanks for the link! It's great that X-Men '97 is doing so well.
No problem.

Hey Alex.

Thanks.

No problem.

Thanks.

Ok.

Thanks.

Yes, X-Men TAS, Spider-Man TAS, F4 TAS, Hulk TAS, Iron Man TAS, etc. all existed in one universe.

I think they'll bring back Spider-Man TAS for a revival and maybe have the F4 guest star but I'm not sure about Avengers EMH.

No problem. Indeed.

Quote:
Den of Geek
X-Men: From the Ashes Wants to Make Cyclops the Leading Man He Was Always Meant to Be
After spending years as a respected leader of the sovereign mutant nation Krakoa, Cyclops is back on the run. With Krakoa destroyed and...
https://www.denofgeek.com/comics/x-m...s-new-mission/
Old 03-27-2024, 09:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
So the Smallville animated series would be produced by James Gunn? I'm... a bit hesitant about that. But if this show picks up where Smallville season 10 left off, then I'm guessing Bruce and Diana would have already become Batman and Wonder Woman by then, since Clark has already become Superman.
Alex...it would be under the James Gunn DCE-Universe... so yea, I think he would have the final say so on scripts, storylines, number of epps and stuff.... it would probably be on HBO Max whenever it comes out. I'd be OK with a Smallville 2 or 3 part movie instead...but prefer the animated SV series.

Wikii has a good summary on the comic version of Smallville [after the series ended]...so I would hope they use that storyline https://smallville.fandom.com/wiki/Smallville_Season_11
Reply   Post New Thread