Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2024, 07:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for that video, Dave. Is that the same video you posted on the what are you watching, thread?

Hi, dragonfire!

You're welcome, you're welcome, and you're welcome.

You're welcome again.

Thanks for those videos!

Yes, you told me that they've already greenlit season 3.
Old 03-18-2024, 08:52 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)

Hi, dragonfire!

You're welcome, you're welcome, and you're welcome.

You're welcome again.

Thanks for those videos!

Yes, you told me that they've already greenlit season 3.
Hey Alex.

Thanks.

Thanks.

No problem. I love Cyclops saying the X-Men are here to stay.

Disney/Marvel must have a lot of confidence in X-Men '97 for them to give it three seasons before it debuts.

Quote:
The Hollywood Reporter
‘X-Men ’97’ EP Brad Winderbaum on Kevin Feige’s Mandate and How ‘Daredevil: Born Again’ Updated MCU Canon
The beloved X-Men: The Animated Series' has a theme song that still resonates 30 years later.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv...ge-1235855253/

Quote:
Entertainment Weekly
How 'X-Men '97' embraces the legacy of the original series
The 'X-Men '97' team discuss why the original animated series was so impactful and how they've embraced its three-decade legacy.
https://ew.com/x-men-97-legacy-of-or...series-8610286

Quote:
Comic Book Resources
X-Men '97 Will Give Two Overlooked Characters 'Their Due' in Disney+ Revival
X-Men '97 EP Brad Winderbaum reveals which two characters finally get their due in the Disney+ revival series.
https://www.cbr.com/x-men-97-characters-get-their-due/

Quote:
Comic Book Resources
Marvel Animation Head Teases Potential Spider-Man Animated Series Revival
Marvel Studios' Brad Winderbaum comments on the possibility of Spider-Man: The Animated Series getting its own revival, X-Men '97 style.
https://www.cbr.com/spider-man-90s-c...evival-update/
dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 06:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yes Alex...and if you get bored... [nothing on]...you can watch that video and enjoy it. I watched the whole thing yesterday
Make Them Laugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 06:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Laugh (View Post)
Yes Alex...and if you get bored... [nothing on]...you can watch that video and enjoy it. I watched the whole thing yesterday

Thanks, Dave.

Hi, dragonfire!

You're welcome, and you're welcome.

I love that too. I love Cyclops acting like Cyclops.

They must indeed. I'm still surprised that they decided to revive X-Men '97. It's not like it was as groundbreaking as Batman TAS.

Thanks for those links.

I don't care about Kevin Feige's mandate. I still say the guy's dumb.

Wow, the original animated series has a three decade legacy? Again, it's not like it was Batman TAS. I guess no one cares about the legacy of X-Men Evolution?

I like Jubilee getting her due, but Morph? He's not even from the comics.

I really hope that Spider-Man also gets a revival.

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 03-19-2024 at 06:44 PM
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 09:21 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Hi, dragonfire!

You're welcome, and you're welcome.

I love that too. I love Cyclops acting like Cyclops.

They must indeed. I'm still surprised that they decided to revive X-Men '97. It's not like it was as groundbreaking as Batman TAS.

Thanks for those links.

I don't care about Kevin Feige's mandate. I still say the guy's dumb.

Wow, the original animated series has a three decade legacy? Again, it's not like it was Batman TAS. I guess no one cares about the legacy of X-Men Evolution?

I like Jubilee getting her due, but Morph? He's not even from the comics.

I really hope that Spider-Man also gets a revival.
Hey Alex.

Thanks.

Same.

It was groundbreaking. It's what brought the X-Men into the mainstream, it lead to the other 90s Marvel shows, Fox X-Men, Sony Spider-Man, the MCU, etc.

It even lead to Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.

No problem.

I know.

Yes. It's actually right up there with Batman TAS. I hope not.

Neither is Harley Quinn, X-23, etc.

Same.

Old 03-20-2024, 05:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh nice...thanks Dragonfire

Alex.... give into the Dark Streaming side of the Force and get DisneyPlus... XMen 97 Episode 2 was sooooo good....so many emtions

ETA
here you go Alex...Summary of episode 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lPBYmH8ly0 also Subscribe to this channel ...it will give you recaps of every episode

Last edited by Make Them Laugh; 03-20-2024 at 01:56 PM
Old 03-20-2024, 05:14 PM
Elite Fan

^ No problem. I'm rewatching episode 2 right now, and yes it's soooo good.

I can't wait until episode 3.
Old 03-20-2024, 05:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Dragonfire... Yup...love the ending of episode 2 for sure.... you are still welcome to join our Movie Trivia...all you have to do is pick 5 movie characters ....you can play casually like me
Old 03-20-2024, 05:42 PM
Elite Fan

Same. Thanks.

Man, I can't remember the last time I saw Marvel get this much praise especially with Marvel being in a rut lately.

Quote:
Variety
‘X-Men ’97’ Is a Worthy Follow-Up to the Beloved Animated Series: TV Review
The show is set after the conclusion of 'X-Men: The Animated Series,' reintroducing the heroes on their own terms before they join the MCU.
https://variety.com/2024/tv/tv-revie...el-1235946595/

Quote:
The Hollywood Reporter
‘X-Men ’97’ Review: Disney+’s Series Strikes a Winning Balance Between Fond Nostalgia and Fresh Pizzazz
Disney+'s 'X-Men '97' picks up where the 1990s animated series left off, with the mutant superheroes moving ahead in Professor X's absence.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv...ew-1235854909/

Quote:
Rotten Tomatoes
X-Men '97 First Reviews: "Marvel's Best Release in Years," Critics Say
Thanks to its nostalgic 2D animation style, smart writing, and captivating action sequences, critics say the highly-anticipated sequel to...
https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com...s-critics-say/

Quote:
IGN
X-Men '97 Season 1, Episodes 1 & 2 Review
X-Men '97 succeeds at the difficult task of tapping into the nostalgia surrounding the original animated series while also blazing its own...
https://www.ign.com/articles/x-men-9...des-1-2-review

Quote:
TheWrap
X-Men '97 Review: Revival Exceeds Sky-High Expectations
https://www.thewrap.com/x-men-97-rev...imated-series/

Quote:
CNN
‘X-Men ’97’ delivers an animated blast from the past – and maybe Marvel’s future
X-Men '97” at first seems like narrowly pitched made-for-streaming fare, reviving a cultish animated Saturday-morning series launched more...
https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/20/enter...ion/index.html

Quote:
TVLine
'X-Men '97' Review: A Confident, Charming Revival of Animated Series
Disney+'s 'X-Men '97' goes all-in on the requisite campiness, high-stakes action, and potent parallels that made the original so much fun.
https://tvline.com/reviews/x-men-97-...us-1235190544/
Old 03-20-2024, 05:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I am very happy the new XMen 97 got awesome reviews
Old 03-20-2024, 06:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Wow, dragonfire, do you think you posted enough great reviews?

You're welcome.

I'm also glad that Scott and Jean are acting like Scott and Jean.

Well, it was groundbreaking to those who didn't read the comics. By that point I was pretty much invested in the X-Men, except the comics I was reading were X-Factor, where the original five X-Men got back together while the current X-Men roster were doing their own thing. X-Factor was fun while it lasted.

You think it lead to all that other stuff?

I think Super Sentai led to Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers.

You know how I feel about Feige and Iger.

I wouldn't go that far. Batman TAS was transcendent. It changed American animation.

I take it you didn't like X-Men Evolution?

Well, Harley Quinn and X-23 were interesting. Morph was a character who was created for the X-Men pilot so they could have someone to kill off.

Thanks for the videos! Man, Jean is pregnant?

I see that X-Men is still acting like no other superheroes exist, like Spider-Man, the Fantastic Four or the Avengers. It never made sense for mutants to be feared and hated by society when superhumans were not.
Old 03-20-2024, 07:27 PM
Elite Fan

Same here Dave.

Quote:
Wow, dragonfire, do you think you posted enough great reviews?

You're welcome.

I'm also glad that Scott and Jean are acting like Scott and Jean.

Well, it was groundbreaking to those who didn't read the comics. By that point I was pretty much invested in the X-Men, except the comics I was reading were X-Factor, where the original five X-Men got back together while the current X-Men roster were doing their own thing. X-Factor was fun while it lasted.

You think it lead to all that other stuff?

I think Super Sentai led to Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers.

You know how I feel about Feige and Iger.

I wouldn't go that far. Batman TAS was transcendent. It changed American animation.

I take it you didn't like X-Men Evolution?

Well, Harley Quinn and X-23 were interesting. Morph was a character who was created for the X-Men pilot so they could have someone to kill off.

Thanks for the videos! Man, Jean is pregnant?

I see that X-Men is still acting like no other superheroes exist, like Spider-Man, the Fantastic Four or the Avengers. It never made sense for mutants to be feared and hated by society when superhumans were not.
Sorry, it's just great to see something of Marvel getting so much positive feedback, and especially because it's the X-Men.

Thanks.

Funny you say that about Jean because...

I see.

Yes, even the EP of Marvel TV/X-Men '97 said it in a recent interview.

I know but the success of X-Men TAS helped Saban get MMPR aired on Fox Kids.

I know.

Ok.

Actually, I love X-Men Evolution like it's the X-Men animated series I grew up with. Plus I wouldn't mind if it got a revival as well.

I know but I think I read kids loved Morph, so they brought him back.

No problem. Well...

Yep. I know but to be fair Spider-Man does face fear and hate from society.
Old 03-21-2024, 10:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, dragonfire!

I know what you mean. I agree. It's ironic that it's X-Men '97 of all things.

You're welcome.

Because why?

Oh, I see. and did the EP say anything about the showrunner being fired?

Oh, so that's why MMPR got the green light? Didn't Spider-Man TAS come out the same time?

And Iger and Feige keep proving me right.

Well, come on, dragonfire. Batman TAS was probably the most critically acclaimed animated show ever.

Oh, I see. I liked what Evolution was doing with Scott and Jean as well.

Yeah, but Morph was really just a mutant version of T-1000. I could tell from the moment I saw him that Morph was a redshirt. That's a Star Trek character who only exists to get killed.

Well???? It's not Madelyne, is it?

Only because of J. Jonah Jameson's editorials.

See, the only reason the X-Men were created in the first place was because Stan Lee, Steve Ditko, and Jack Kirby were always working on a deadline and it was difficult to keep coming up with new origin stories for superheroes. They'd used up radioactive spiders, cosmic rays, gamma radiation, super soldier serums, mechanical armor, magic, mythological characters, and cosmic powers. So they finally just decided to write characters who were born with their powers and call them mutants just for the sake of expediency. The stuff with them being a metaphor for the civil rights movement came later. But that plotline never really made sense when you consider that the public never treated superhumans like the Avengers and the Fantastic Four the same way they treated mutants.

Oh, and if you're at all interested...

Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver #2

X-Men Forever #1

Wolverine: Madripoor Knights #2

Resurrection of Magneto #3

Old 03-22-2024, 04:19 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Hi, dragonfire!

I know what you mean. I agree. It's ironic that it's X-Men '97 of all things.

You're welcome.

Because why?

Oh, I see. and did the EP say anything about the showrunner being fired?

Oh, so that's why MMPR got the green light? Didn't Spider-Man TAS come out the same time?

And Iger and Feige keep proving me right.

Well, come on, dragonfire. Batman TAS was probably the most critically acclaimed animated show ever.

Oh, I see. I liked what Evolution was doing with Scott and Jean as well.

Yeah, but Morph was really just a mutant version of T-1000. I could tell from the moment I saw him that Morph was a redshirt. That's a Star Trek character who only exists to get killed.

Well???? It's not Madelyne, is it?

Only because of J. Jonah Jameson's editorials.

See, the only reason the X-Men were created in the first place was because Stan Lee, Steve Ditko, and Jack Kirby were always working on a deadline and it was difficult to keep coming up with new origin stories for superheroes. They'd used up radioactive spiders, cosmic rays, gamma radiation, super soldier serums, mechanical armor, magic, mythological characters, and cosmic powers. So they finally just decided to write characters who were born with their powers and call them mutants just for the sake of expediency. The stuff with them being a metaphor for the civil rights movement came later. But that plotline never really made sense when you consider that the public never treated superhumans like the Avengers and the Fantastic Four the same way they treated mutants.

Oh, and if you're at all interested...

Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver #2

X-Men Forever #1

Wolverine: Madripoor Knights #2

Resurrection of Magneto #3

Hey Alex.

Yes. I knew X-Men '97 would be a successful hit. Hopefully this will lead to Spider-Man TAS revival.

Thanks.

I'll PM you about it.

Yes, but nothing bad.

In a way. It came out a year after MMPR like 92 X-Men TAS came out, then 93 MMPR came out, and then 94 Spider-Man TAS came out.

I know.

I know but still.

Same.

I see.

Well...

I know.

I know although a case can be argue for the Hulk, She-Hulk, and while MCU Wanda is not confirmed Mutant she was still treated like one.

Also I remember a F4 comic where Reed revealed he made the team like famous celebrities so society wouldn't fear and hate them.

Thanks.

Quote:
Forbes
‘X-Men 97’ Is The Best-Reviewed Marvel Project Of All Time
Reviews are in and X-Men '97, the retro flashback to the old animated series, revived for a new era, is stellar. The first two episodes...
https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultas...t-of-all-time/

Quote:
MovieWeb
X-Men '97 Director Explains the Animation Style and His Favorite Characters
X-Men '97 supervising producer and head director Jake Castorena discusses Marvel's 2-D hand-drawn animated show, its influences & his...
https://movieweb.com/interview-x-men...ake-castorena/

Quote:
Entertainment Weekly
'X-Men '97' star Alison Sealy-Smith on her Storm return
Alison Sealy-Smith talks about reprising her iconic "X-Men: The Animated Series" role for sequel series "X-Men '97.".
https://ew.com/x-men-97-storm-alison...-smith-8612581
Old 03-22-2024, 05:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, dragonfire!

Yep, the prophet strikes again. I hope you're right about Spider-Man TAS as well.

You're welcome.

I got your PM, thanks. I replied.

I see. He's not gonna say anything bad in public.

Spider-Man TAS came out in 1994? Why do I remember it coming out in 1992 alongside X-Men TAS? I could've sworn it came out earlier. But how did that play into MMPR?

Yep.

Yeah, I know. Not taking anything away from X-Men TAS. But nothing was on the same level as Batman TAS, except maybe Superman TAS, which should've been given more of a chance.

Also, shape shifting superheroes are a dime a dozen, dragonfire. Look at Ms. Marvel. She does the same thing that Morph does. So do Plastic Man and Martian Manhunter. It's not exactly a unique power.

Never mind, I read your PM.

Yeah, I think the negative public perception of Spider-Man was for different reasons. Jameson waging a smear campaign against him is a little different.

Well, the Hulk was feared by the public mostly because he was always on the rampage, but not She-Hulk. Jennifer maintaining her intelligence is was enabled her to not only earn the public trust, but remain a lawyer. Bruce couldn't control his rage, and that's why he was feared when someone like Ben Grimm/The Thing was not.

When did that comic come out? Well, Reed in the beginning had the F4 always exploring outer space, so they never spent enough time on Earth to be feared or seen as celebrities. But the F4 just always had a different dynamic, that of a family unit, which is what made them different from other superhumans. But that still doesn't explain why mutants were seen as all that different aside from the fact that they were born with their powers. Perhaps that's the reason? People becoming superhuman by freak accidents doesn't happen all that often, but if anyone could possibly be born a mutant, that might be a reason for paranoia.

You're welcome. I hope one day you'll watch them.

Thanks for the links! I can see you're gonna be euphoric about X-Men '97 for a while.