Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2024, 04:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Alison...sounds good...how was work today

Alex.... any plans on your 2 days off? It's your turn to post your Movie character Roster
Old 03-20-2024, 04:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

I was pretty bored tbh overall but nothing bad happened
Old 03-20-2024, 04:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

well...at least nothing bad happened...that's always a good thing.... 2 more days til the Weekend.... do you have Easter break before Easter or after Easter??
Old 03-20-2024, 04:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

At least I can watch YouTube on my phone

Definitely helps to curb my boredom
Old 03-20-2024, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Nice...I usually listen to YT stuff while I do my housework...otherwise...the desktop...
Old 03-20-2024, 04:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Dave!

Hi, Allison!

Nothing on for me to watch tonight. The Phillies game isn't on my local channel.
Old 03-20-2024, 04:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Alex...same...just watching MLB Network at the moment...I may watch the Boston vs Buck game.... you need to watch the YT video that I posted on the Comic Thread here

also it's your turn to post your 5 characters
Old 03-20-2024, 04:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Laugh (View Post)
Alison...sounds good...how was work today

Alex.... any plans on your 2 days off? It's your turn to post your Movie character Roster

No plans, Dave. Tomorrow I have a dentist appointment at noon, and then a Smallville watch with Tia in the afternoon. It's gonna be cold as heck the next two days, but then the spring temps arrive next week, along with rain, sadly. Looks like the Phillies home opener against the Braves is gonna get rain. I hope it isn't delayed or cancelled.

Already? Rita already gave you her roster? Okay, no problem.

I had no idea that the Dodgers and Padres were officially starting off the MLB season today with a series in South Korea.

Quote:
Alex...same...just watching MLB Network at the moment...I may watch the Boston vs Buck game.... you need to watch the YT video that I posted on the Comic Thread here

also it's your turn to post your 5 characters
There aren't any teams I'm interested in on MLB Network tonight.

Okay, I saw, Dave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
got some new Barchie smut fanfic to read Alex today

it's not completely just smut but there's smut in there
Of course you do. I love Barchie smut.

Quote:
Yeah time flies but she still looks great

Yesterday I came across this old nsfw tweet of Anna Kendrick's (I’m hoping you know who Anna Kendrick is) from 2013 regarding watching a Ryan Gosling movie that was out at the time

People just always have nsfw thoughts online so I’m not too surprised
Yes, but to me it's like yesterday that Winona was in Beetlejuice, Heathers, etc. You know she almost got the part of Michael Corleone's daughter in The Godfather Part III? Francis Coppola chose to give the role to his daughter, Sofia Coppola, instead. That turned out to be a mistake.
Old 03-20-2024, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Alex.... I'm back on the XMen bandwagon.... love the first 2 new epps

Yea...it's supposed to be cold all week...no rain...just light to mild snow mostly..

Good luck with your Dental appt...do you have to walk far to get there?

I watched 5 innings of the game actually....Dodgers this morning
Old 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

yup Alex

it involved Barchie and their first time in the season 7 timeline which I still think should've been shown

Quote:

Yesterday I came across this old nsfw tweet of Anna Kendrick's (I’m hoping you know who Anna Kendrick is) from 2013 regarding watching a Ryan Gosling movie that was out at the time

People just always have nsfw thoughts online so I’m not too surprised
it was comforting for me to know that actresses think of him that way too not just me lol

she also had no regrets about what she tweeted even 2 years later when asked about it an interview
Old 03-20-2024, 05:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thinking of my 5th character... this could be a while...I'd pick Superman...but it's been forever since I've seen all of his movies and I have to be fair with the rule "your characters are prone to be the subject of any movie he/ she appears in".

We'll start Monday if that's OK with you guys....
Old 03-20-2024, 05:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Alex.... I'm back on the XMen bandwagon.... love the first 2 new epps

Yea...it's supposed to be cold all week...no rain...just light to mild snow mostly..

Good luck with your Dental appt...do you have to walk far to get there?

I watched 5 innings of the game actually....Dodgers this morning
Really? Sarah is too. She just told me she watched the first two episodes. I hope she gets back to posting soon. She's a little worn out lately.

Cold there too? I'm sorry. You're lucky you're not getting rain. We're gonna get rain next week, but it'll be a lot warmer. The cold days are just the next two days.

Thanks. I take the bus to get there, so it's no big deal.

Oh, it was on MLB Network? Dodgers won, so it's not really the start the Padres wanted. Shohei Othani got his first hit with the team. I really hope Allison's team can keep pace with them.

Quote:
Thinking of my 5th character... this could be a while...I'd pick Superman...but it's been forever since I've seen all of his movies and I have to be fair with the rule "your characters are prone to be the subject of any movie he/ she appears in".

We'll start Monday if that's OK with you guys....

That's totally okay with me, Dave.

Well, I tried to avoid choosing any characters you might want, Dave.

Quote:
yup Alex

it involved Barchie and their first time in the season 7 timeline which I still think should've been shown

it was comforting for me to know that actresses think of him that way too not just me lol

she also had no regrets about what she tweeted even 2 years later when asked about it an interview
Oh, really? That's the kind of story I'd have wanted to see, then.

Yes, I know who Anna Kendrick is. I saw her in the Twilight movies, and she was too good for those movies. I've seen her in quite a lot of films. She's one of my favorite actresses.

Well, of course, Allison. Ryan Gosling has that kind of cool that actors used to have decades ago that you just don't see anymore. He's got a lot of that Steve McQueen vibe going on.

What did she tweet two years later?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
Hey Alex.

Thanks.

That it would.

Maybe but Beetlejuice was already living underneath the house, and I think it would be something Burton would do like it would fit with the whole the house on the top of the hill with a tragic backstory Burton likes doing.

Casper was also ancient.

Yes, I think it's possible Ortega's character could already be dead, and Lydia became her surrogate mom.

It cloud fill the void of Adam & Barbara, a nod to Beetlejuice's original ending with Lydia's death, etc.

Yes. Yes, it's a Baby Yoda & Mandalorian movie. Yes.

I know. Yep.

Definitely.

Nah, the biggest mistake was Lucas selling Star Wars. People can say what they will about Rowling but at least she still owns Harry Potter, and gave the main characters a happy ending.

Even the Curse Child didn't really ruin the happy ending.

Exactly.

I know. I see.

I know.

Same, and let's face it, the plot of rebuild the Jedi order is getting really old.

Yes.

Yep. I know but it's not as bad as Star Wars. For one whatever damage happens to Marvel, they can always make a comeback with a sequel, reboot, etc.

Star Wars don't have that same choice.

Well, for Marvel I am a fan of the X-Men comics. To be honest I'm not attached to the Avengers because unlike the X-Men it wasn't a big part of my childhood.

Thanks, and I hope they don't ruin it either. I know.

They bought Marvel to be what Power Rangers couldn't be.

I know but then what if someone like Zaslav got Marvel? For one something like X-Men '97 would already be cancelled for a tax write off.

Honestly, seeing his reign over WB, it makes me thankful Marvel is with Disney.

Same.

Thanks, and no problem. Good, and thanks.

I hope everyone is ok, and goodnight as well.

Hi, dragonfire!

You're welcome.

Yeah, but a bit too coincidental.

So Beetlejuice might've always been there?

Not that ancient.

What? Lydia is being a mom to a ghost girl?

Wait, when did Lydia die in the original movie? Was that the original script?

Oh, so the Mandalorian will be in it as well?

Glad we agree.

Well, Lucas selling Star Wars was more of an issue he had with the prequels. He wasn't that happy with the way the prequels were received, and he was convinced that nothing he'd do with the sequels would matter because people would just complain about them, so he sold them. But you're right in that he shouldn't have done that, especially not to Disney.

Good point about Rowling. Zemeckis refuses to sell Back to the Future as well.

The cursed child?

Glad you know.

Being a Star Wars fan back in the 70s and 80s was heaven.

Oh, it is. I mean, just rebuild the order or don't do it at all.

Yeah, but Marvel oversaturates things. They can only keep rebooting so many times, and I wish they'd just get it right the first time. I don't like their cotton candy/cookie cutter approach. The Marvel movies could've been so much better if they stuck to the comics.

True, but Star Wars might pull Star Trek Kelvin timeline. But I don't think they'd do that.

Yeah, I understand. By the time you were a kid in the 1990s, X-Men were Marvel's most popular team and comic title. I got into the Avengers in the 1970s and 1980s. But they were still Marvel's version of the Justice League.

Let's hope they don't ruin the X-Men movies.

Well, Power Rangers were always going to be limited because they were from a Japanese television show. Super Sentai isn't as easy to franchise here in the USA.

I still wish they hadn't bought Marvel. If that was the reason, then they were always going to screw up the MCU.

No, I wouldn't want Zaslav to get Marvel either. But I wish that Fox, Lucasfilm, and Marvel could be free of Disney. I wish that Fox had bought Marvel back in the 1990s, and then we wouldn't have to deal with this. I still can't believe that 20th Century Fox let Disney buy them. Why did they even need to do that?

Well, I don't like Zaslav or Iger and Feige, to be honest.

Maybe one day Marvel Studios will get Spider-Man back from Disney.

You're welcome, and thanks. I'm okay, and I'm glad you are too.

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 03-20-2024 at 05:19 PM
Old 03-20-2024, 05:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

no Alex...I meant...I was watching MLB network at the time of my last post... the Dodgers game was on Espn

Hope the rain holds off this weekend...and just light snow so I can go on more walks...
Dominos has a 50 percent off pizza... so if I get 2 medium 1 topping pizzas...it should be like only 7.50 or so on Saturday...the sale is good all week
Old 03-20-2024, 05:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

I meant she tweeted a racy tweet about him in 2013

And then she got asked about it 2 years later in an interview

it’s too racy for me to post about in detail here lol

but here’s the interview I’m talking about

https://youtu.be/XuSEaVa4ToI?si=0qNwhhJcLHvRmJas
Old 03-20-2024, 05:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

thinking of changing Dr. Grant...I haven't seen Jurassic park 3 in forever....lol... movie was OK...saw it in the theater...my parents took me to see it for my birthday actually....after a nice dinner one year...I haven't posted my characters yet....lol
Closed Thread   Post New Thread