Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2019, 05:42 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)

Hi, dragonfire! Yep. And no, I don't think it will. When the X-Men enter the MCU in 2024, it'll be a whole new X-Men story and a whole new MCU, hopefully.

Oh, you think so? When does Toy Story 4 come out?
I agree about the new X-Men story but I don't know if it'll be a new MCU. Yes. I think next month on the 21st. I think this could be the last Toy Story movie, and I also think Woody&Buzz might go there separate ways, and maybe Woody stays with Bo Peep.
Old 05-27-2019, 05:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
why you people watch kids movies? Maybe it's due to my job, but they pretty close to literally make me sick
Rita and Alex...apparently over 100 Million dollars of Americans watch kids movies.....so if an average movie is 10 dollars.... how many people roughly watched it? anyone good at math?? is it roughly 100 thousand
Old 05-27-2019, 10:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

10 million I believe. You only drop one 0 if I understand right what you're asking
Old 05-27-2019, 02:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Dave! Hi, Rita! Happy Memorial Day! I hope everyone had a good weekend!

I have no idea, Dave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
I agree about the new X-Men story but I don't know if it'll be a new MCU. Yes. I think next month on the 21st. I think this could be the last Toy Story movie, and I also think Woody&Buzz might go there separate ways, and maybe Woody stays with Bo Peep.
It'll have to be a new MCU, dragonfire. How else are they gonna recast Tony Stark, Steve Rogers, and the others? How are they ever gonna have Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne in the Avengers? They can't keep the MCU in its current state because no mutants exist in the MCU. By 2024 they'll be ready to do something different.

Yeah, I think you told me already that this might be the last Toy Story movie and that Woody and Buzz would go their separate ways, although I like the fact that they brought Bo Peep back. I wondered what happened to her in Toy Story 3.

Old 05-27-2019, 03:07 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

They can't keep the MCU in its current state because no mutants exist in the MCU.

Yeah, I think you told me already that this might be the last Toy Story movie and that Woody and Buzz would go their separate ways, although I like the fact that they brought Bo Peep back. I wondered what happened to her in Toy Story 3.
Before the Disney/Marvel&Sony deal, Spidey didn't exist in the MCU but ever since the deal, he's been in the MCU. So they could do something similar with MCU X-Men. Yeah, I did. Well, if you want to know I can PM you. Oh, Happy Memorial Day everyone.
Old 05-27-2019, 03:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Before the Disney/Marvel&Sony deal, Spidey didn't exist in the MCU but ever since the deal, he's been in the MCU. So they could do something similar with MCU X-Men. Yeah, I did. Well, if you want to know I can PM you. Oh, Happy Memorial Day everyone.

Okay, you can PM me about it. Thanks. And Happy Memorial Day!

Spider-Man is one character, dragonfire. And they never said he never existed before, he was just off on the sidelines. We're talking about mutants existing, and if the X-Men go into the MCU, that means they have to change Scarlet Witch's origin and make her Magneto's daughter, which she isn't in the MCU. And they have to bring Quicksilver back. And how are they ever gonna do the Ultron story right without Hank as Ultron's creator? They have to change the MCU eventually, dragonfire, because the current MCU is still compromised by what they did in the beginning when they didn't have any scripts and didn't know what was gonna work and what wasn't. They can't keep Hank and Janet out of the Avengers forever, and they can't keep Tony dead and Steve an old man forever. These characters are always being used in the comics, dragonfire, so there's no reason to not start over again in a few years time. In fact, SyFy Wire even suggested Marvel casting Cristin Milioti as Janet Van Dyne in an Avengers reboot, although I think they'd cast someone else. But I've told you this time and time again, dragonfire. Hank and Janet have been in 50 years of Avengers stories. Eventually they'll have to do this over because you cannot keep them out of the Avengers forever. And certainly not just for Edgar Wright, okay?

Look, I know you don't know comics and don't care, which is exactly why I don't appreciate your comments. sum1 and I grew up with these characters and we love them, and Marvel needs to promote them. You keep suggesting that these characters will never be used again in movies by Marvel, which, pardon my saying, sounds like a dumb move and not even consistent with movie history where there have been multiple actors to play Batman and Superman.

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 05-27-2019 at 04:23 PM
Old 05-28-2019, 07:07 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Okay, you can PM me about it.
Ok, I PM it. Sorry if it took so long.
Old 05-28-2019, 02:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It's okay. I got the PM. Thanks, dragonfire! Man, that's really sad, but I'm glad they reunite in Toy Story 4.
Old 05-29-2019, 05:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

sorry guys..tired yesterday...then in the evening...my city had a major storm...
Old 05-29-2019, 12:21 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
It's okay. I got the PM. Thanks, dragonfire! Man, that's really sad, but I'm glad they reunite in Toy Story 4.
No problem. Yes, and me too. Dave sorry to hear that.
Old 05-29-2019, 01:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
No problem. Yes, and me too. Dave sorry to hear that.
Hi, dragonfire! Thanks! When does Toy Story 4 come out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Laugh (View Post)
sorry guys..tired yesterday...then in the evening...my city had a major storm...
Hi, Dave! I'm sorry to hear that. We have storm warnings and tornado warmings here as well, so I man not be on much today.
Old 05-29-2019, 03:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

thanks Alex and Dragonfire... I felt better today and even went out twice today...the second time was a nice early evening walk...first time was late morning...went to library to read Sunday paper
Old 05-29-2019, 09:50 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Hi, dragonfire! Thanks! When does Toy Story 4 come out?
June 21st. You know the last time Bo Peep was in a Toy Story movie was Toy Story 2 and now 20 years later she finally returns. Dave glad to hear that.
Old 05-30-2019, 06:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

it looks like it's clearing up after a morning shower

Dragonfire...they are saying that Lion King might be the biggest summer blockbuster b/c of family, kids , vintage, etc
Old 05-30-2019, 10:53 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Laugh (View Post)

Dragonfire...they are saying that Lion King might be the biggest summer blockbuster b/c of family, kids , vintage, etc
Definitely. Oh, here's some Toy Story 4 news.
Quote:
The box office will head to infinity and beyond when Disney’s “Toy Story 4” hits theaters on June 21. According to early tracking, the latest installment in Pixar’s animated franchise is on pace for an opening weekend between $100 million and $150 million.

Those numbers could fluctuate as the studio ramps up marketing efforts over the next three weeks, but positive reviews and strong word of mouth could propel that figure higher. Fandango reported that advance ticket sales for “Toy Story 4” are already outpacing other animated movies like “Incredibles 2” and “Finding Dory” at the same point in their sale cycle. Disney and Pixar’s “Incredibles 2” currently holds the record for the best animated film debut with $182 million.
https://variety.com/2019/film/news/t...ng-1203228178/
Closed Thread   Post New Thread