Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-10-2005, 03:27 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossbow
That's a great fandom for Mary Sues. When you see Holmes' long-lost sister or cousin appear, RUN.
Will do. *g* Any long-lost relative is usually worth running away from. At least in fanfiction. They probably are wonderful and smart and great at solving mysteries.

Gabrielle
Old 02-10-2005, 07:51 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Nymph
Crossbow - I read the reviews for Scorched Earth and put it in my favorites to read for later. Garak is my favorite DS9 character, and I have a feeling that I'll really enjoy this story once I can sit down and read it. Thanks for the reccomendation.
It's not as long as it looks, because every other chapter is an "interlude" that's only a page or two.

Garak's is my favorite character too. Well, actually Quark is usually my favorite, but on the episodes where Garak actually APPEARS he's my favorite. I've been re-watching the show, and I can't believe how rarely Garak is on there at all - like 4 episodes a season or something. He sure made an inordinantly big impression; He's got a huge fan base.

OK, I have no fan fic to read now. I'm thinking of starting The Official Fanfiction University of Middle-earth but it's intimidatingly long.
Old 02-10-2005, 09:46 AM
Master Fan

Romancing Mr. Kinney

Old 02-10-2005, 02:07 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
OK, I have no fan fic to read now. I'm thinking of starting The Official Fanfiction University of Middle-earth but it's intimidatingly long.
Well, I'd only be able to recommend Buffyverse fanfic and most of those would be long as well (and no major AU from me).

Thanks also for the information on Scorched Earth - it's next on my list to read. And yeah Garak definitely made an impression on me - in a way his character reminds me of Spike - and perhaps that is why I like him so much. He is so complex and keeps you guessing as to what he's going to do. I'm so glad that he did the right thing at the end of the series, though, and that it was what's his name who went off the deep end - oh rats I"ll have to come back and edit when the name returns to me - I know his fans were mad, but to me that was a plausible end for his character. I always had a feeling he'd loose it someday - he was too much of a control freak.
Old 02-12-2005, 07:51 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Nymph
... and that it was what's his name who went off the deep end - oh rats I"ll have to come back and edit when the name returns to me...
You mean Dukat?

This is OT, but I was hunting for Mary Sues in Star Trek - I was doing a little suevey to see which Strek characters got the most Mary Sue love - and Dukat is by far the most popular Mary Sue love interest. It's just unreal.

*sigh* I don't know what I feel like reading.
Old 02-12-2005, 08:04 AM
Ultimate Fan

Renaissance Rendezvous by Clana Junkie
I've come to your rescue and you can't rescue me.
Old 02-13-2005, 06:54 AM
Master Fan

Hmmm.... last fic I've read it's about Kate/Sawyer from LOST by Candice. It's rated R but I'll try to put the link later
Old 02-14-2005, 12:20 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
You mean Dukat?

This is OT, but I was hunting for Mary Sues in Star Trek - I was doing a little suevey to see which Strek characters got the most Mary Sue love - and Dukat is by far the most popular Mary Sue love interest. It's just unreal.
Yes, Crossbow, Dukat. And I can see that in a way. I can see female fans seeing poor Dukat as a misunderstood bad boy trying to reform if only someone would love him. Not me, mind you - I thought he was mostly about the control.
Old 02-14-2005, 10:05 AM
Master Fan

Some Seth/Ryan OC slash

Old 02-14-2005, 03:34 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talliann
Hmmm.... last fic I've read it's about Kate/Sawyer from LOST by Candice. It's rated R but I'll try to put the link later
Do you mean ME?
Old 02-16-2005, 01:58 PM
Master Fan

Oh man! I made a mistake with the fic name It was called "Caprice" by Phinomenal I thik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candice L.
Do you mean ME?
Old 02-20-2005, 04:32 PM
Master Fan

Increments by Dasha K.
It's a classic, but I never get tired of it
Old 03-04-2005, 03:27 PM
Loyal Fan

The last fic I read was a reread of an amazing piece. It's short and simple and heartbreaking. It's a Roswell fic (I don't really read much else) and it deals with the aftermath of Liz saving the world via breaking poor Max's heart. She's now in possession of some incredibly important knowledge and there's an enemy which can getting into people's heads and know what they know... it ain't pretty but it's damn good.

For All by Bennie.
- Indigo Girls
Old 03-04-2005, 11:17 PM
Loyal Fan

I just finished a reread as well Doublestuf. Mine was of a classic BtVS fic. It is mostly Spike centered but also has some great Buffy, Scooby Gang, Giles and Dawn moments. It is B/S, but not overly so. It has some interesting theories about the origin of slayer power and the role it plays in a slayer's life, which is a subject not often tackled in fanfic. Set post The Gift.

When Eternity Lies in the Balance by Tracy
Old 03-05-2005, 08:36 AM
Part-Time Fan

The last one that I read was a Buffy story which was based on the story Ella Enchanted where the still chipped Spike is cursed to obey anyone who gives him a direct order. It was pretty funny in places.

It is called Less than Obedient and is at http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2214186/1/