Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-05-2008, 11:42 PM
Addicted Fan

Music sometimes gives me ideas but most of my ideas are completely random. I'll sit down feeling the need to write and will just write. Other times it may be a fanfiction, a poem, a quote, a song, etc. Images rarely inspire me for some reason, don't understand why. :/

Quote:
Something I read, if it's a newstory or random facts, help me best next to music, oddly enough I'll just read something and it'll spin into an idea and it forms into something until I have to write it down.
That, too! I was once inspired by a fact from the History of Sex (we saw this in my Human Sexuality class) about virgins being scarce in Egypt because pre-marital sex was so common and not looked down upon. I did a ton of Internet research to find out where this knowledge originated from. Ended up as a little poem tying together virginity and the past.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:06 AM
Master Fan

I think that inspiration can come from the most random places. And it may not even be immediate. Like, someone may see or hear something that just stays with them, and inspires them later on, maybe in combination with something else. It's really cool to see what inspires different people, and how everyone works in different ways
Old 08-06-2008, 06:33 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zac'sgirl (View Post)
I think that inspiration can come from the most random places. And it may not even be immediate. Like, someone may see or hear something that just stays with them, and inspires them later on, maybe in combination with something else. It's really cool to see what inspires different people, and how everyone works in different ways
I agree. I definitely feel the same way. Inspiration for me comes from the most random of places and things
Old 08-07-2008, 12:21 AM
Elite Fan

As for the random facts or news stories, yes, I get inspired by that, too! But not immediately. I heard something a long time ago about the cocktail party effect, and then last week it just kind of came to me and I have an idea for a new story... Now I just really need to write it down.

no more running; no more hiding; no more excuses
enough already.
Lynn - golden roses - snagging @ lj
Old 08-07-2008, 12:32 AM
Master Fan

I was on a road trip holiday and my friend and I were listening to this CD of 70s music Anyway, practically every song gave us a fic idea, so we're going to do a fic mix thing together, giving links to the songs, then writing a ficlet that goes with it. We came up with some interesting pairings to go with the songs, too
Old 12-08-2008, 11:19 PM
Loyal Fan

Um...I dont get inspired by things like music.

If an idea comes up and I REALLY cant get it outta my head...like it keeps me awake at night or distracted during the day thinking about it. Then I give it a lil time to develop how the story starts and ends at least and then I gotta get myself in the writing mood and then BAM!!!

It's been much easier for me to get into the mood given my lack of stuff to do and the fact that it's getting colder so I am less pressure into going outside.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:48 PM
Master Fan

sounds good Aww, it's great that you've had more time to write lately! I'm hoping to get some stuff done over Christmas break *fingers crossed*