Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-20-2006, 08:45 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold-Blooded Piece of Toast
I've never read original slash fiction except for femslash-type works. Will be interesting to read. (:
I wrote femslash once and that was painful I wouldn't read it just because it's not something I am into.

Quote:
Here is something I wrote. One of the few works of fiction I've ever written from a male POV. Spoiler for depression/su and a bit of het if that bothers you.

Lifeline
Wow! That is amazing. I just love the sadness and hurt in the story. It's beautifully written, and very haunting. Thanks for sharing

het doesn't offend me, I just prefer to read slash, since boys kissing is my passion

Old 05-22-2006, 03:12 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tina_Greer~
I sometimes write, not on the web, but I write and hopefully my story will be published soon. I hope, or at least publish a couple of years from now.

That sounds great. I like to write myself but right now I am doing fanfictions to get myself into that frame of mind. Good luck with your writing.
Old 07-14-2006, 10:22 AM
Master Fan

I adore original fiction... that's where I started. But you do use your imagination in fanfiction too
The Lord is my shepherd.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:47 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I adore original fiction... that's where I started. But you do use your imagination in fanfiction too
I started with fanfiction. Yes you use your imagination with both. But with fanfics you already have someone else characters and you use them and just make a story. I think it takes great time and talent to make your own characters, that readers will actually like and understand. I see it that way - both adding to the fact that you have a blank surface to start from too

Old 08-19-2006, 11:54 AM
Obsessed Fan

ITA that it is more difficult to create an entirely original world that engages readers. Of course, with fic it can be difficult to keep the characters in character, so both have their challenges. Fanfic might almost be seen as a way to practice writing skills.
Old 08-19-2006, 06:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalinay
ITA that it is more difficult to create an entirely original world that engages readers. Of course, with fic it can be difficult to keep the characters in character, so both have their challenges. Fanfic might almost be seen as a way to practice writing skills.

I was never a fan of 'in' character - I use to have too much fun doing my own thing, that's why I decided to leave FF behind and embark on my own story writing. I think then you don't get constantly told off 'he/she' aren't 'in' character. But I say if you are writing a whole different storyline, that wasn't estbalished in the show how would you know, the way the pre-written characters act?

strange

Old 07-01-2008, 04:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

Good fics everyone. I have tried to write but I don't have any orignal idea I think

Icon: my own photograph

Last edited by Roally; 07-12-2008 at 05:28 PM
Old 07-01-2008, 05:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

is this thread for slash or original fiction?
Old 07-01-2008, 06:01 PM
Passionate Fan

This Madness Called Love

It's a very very short story, it's really the first original thing, I've written in years but I've been aching to try to get more into it. Especially since I've been outline my own short novella.

viktor/yurri. daria/trent. eli/grace.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:42 AM
Master Fan

Ley, that was great! I'm so glad you're working on some original stuff! I think I've been telling you for months to do that!

I have a few ideas that have been in my mind for a while now. One would be set in a family in the late sixties. Ultimately based on my dad's family. Another is just beginning to bubble in my thinking and intriguing me. I know the (working) title already: The Secret Life of Miss Ellen Brown. It's just what came to me with the idea. The title may change, but this character is definitely an Ellen Brown.

but, I have so much fanfic to finish, a series and some one-shots in progress, I have to get that done or I'll never feel free to try something different.
Old 07-02-2008, 05:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

I love original fics. I want to write one, but don't know where to start
Old 07-02-2008, 05:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

^same here!

honey, you are so f i ne, you blow my mind | Chris Evans - 8 years celebration & 100k
boston | los angeles | ♡ Candice |icon by summer falls
Old 07-02-2008, 05:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Aww
Old 07-02-2008, 05:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

We should stick together

honey, you are so f i ne, you blow my mind | Chris Evans - 8 years celebration & 100k
boston | los angeles | ♡ Candice |icon by summer falls
Old 07-02-2008, 05:51 AM
Addicted Fan

I adore original fiction and I plan to work on an original story idea that I've had for a while, but until now I've kept to fanfiction. Because I have no formal writing background I feel that fanfiction has been a way for me to learn and put my skills into practice. The big test for me will be writing something original.

Fictionpress.com is the only place I know of to find original stories but I've found that it's much like fanfiction.net where you spend most of your time trawling through a lot of not so good stuff to find the better pieces. Does anyone else have any suggestions of where I can find some original fiction that is well written with well developed plot and characters?
icon: egyptian_pixie