Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-21-2004, 01:57 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Catalinay
I, too, like fanon Draco much better than book or movie Draco. They did make him kind of wimpy in POA, and Ron too.
But see, the difference between Draco and Ron is that when Draco gets scared he panics and runs; when Ron gets scared, he whines and complains, but he does whatever has to be done anyway. That's why he gets to be in Gryffindor.
Old 09-21-2004, 08:55 PM
Dedicated Fan

Fanon! Draco is much better than canon or movie Draco, definetely. Canon/movie draco is so... two-dimensional you know? There's not much to him, other than that he's a rich little daddy's boy that acts tough. Fanon! Draco however, has so many more qualities that make him worthwhile.

Well, I know I don't know you and you're probably not what you seem
Aw, but I'd sure like to find out
So why don't you climb down off that movie screen?

Dan Fan No. 95
Spike's Kitten No. 95
Old 09-21-2004, 10:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Crossbow
But see, the difference between Draco and Ron is that when Draco gets scared he panics and runs; when Ron gets scared, he whines and complains, but he does whatever has to be done anyway. That's why he gets to be in Gryffindor.
God, I am so sick of Griffindor being the Mary Sue house. Why is Hermione not in Ravenclaw? WHY?

But yeah, like Luxie said, canon!Draco is such a two-dimensional character. The only way to get anyone to like him would be to write him OOC.

fics | vids | stupid little life
Old 09-21-2004, 10:31 PM
Addicted Fan

It seems to have to do with your values. I don't remember if it's in the book, but in the movie Hermione says there are more important things than "books and cleverness."
Old 09-22-2004, 01:18 AM
Obsessed Fan

Nicky - ditto on being tired of the Gryffindor-Sue! I think the fandom has helped me get to the point where I'm tired of it being all-Harry/Ron/Hermione, all the time.

Crossbow - I agree with you about Hermione's values putting her in Gryffindor. I wonder if her actions really agree with her thinking, though.

I've also wondered if Percy really belongs in Gryffindor....
Old 09-22-2004, 04:56 AM
Master Fan

Maybe being red-headed automatically earns you a right to be in Griffindor. You know, so that you'd match the decor.

Doesn't explain Susan Bones though...

Old 09-22-2004, 01:44 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah, I figured it was just JKR wanting all the Weasleys to be in the same house at the beginning, and then Percy evolved into what he is....
Old 09-22-2004, 08:07 PM
Master Fan

Who in your opinion is the most interesting canon/fanon!Weasley? I don't like Ginny much in the books, but she's all right in fanon. I love Bill, but I haven't read many fics on him.

Old 09-22-2004, 08:35 PM
Obsessed Fan

I think Ginny is my favorite fanon Weasley (especially when she's shipped with Draco! ), and Ron is probably my favorite canon Weasley.
Old 09-22-2004, 08:59 PM
Dedicated Fan

Ron gets pretty annoying in fanon, usually cause he gets uber-pissed at Harry for loving Draco. *snark* He's my favorite canon-Weasley, I suppose. The twins are pretty awesome too.
Fanon... hm, either Bill or Charlie, both are written as being extremely cool and all.

Quote:
Maybe being red-headed automatically earns you a right to be in Griffindor. You know, so that you'd match the decor.

Dan Fan No. 95
Spike's Kitten No. 95
Old 09-23-2004, 08:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by L u x i e
Ron gets pretty annoying in fanon, usually cause he gets uber-pissed at Harry for loving Draco.
Right on!

Old 09-25-2004, 01:27 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Ron gets pretty annoying in fanon, usually cause he gets uber-pissed at Harry for loving Draco. *snark*
Or pissed at Ginny for the same thing!
Old 09-27-2004, 09:07 PM
Dedicated Fan

Wait... pissed at Ginny for loving Harry or Draco? (I think you mean Draco, cause if she loved Harry they'd get to be on big happy Weasley family.)

Either way Ron is made out to be a huge idiot, haha.

Dan Fan No. 95
Spike's Kitten No. 95
Old 09-28-2004, 12:24 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
(I think you mean Draco, cause if she loved Harry they'd get to be on big happy Weasley family.)
Bleh! What a horrible thought!

Old 09-28-2004, 01:01 AM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah, I meant Draco.

You know, once upon a time I shipped Ginny & Harry.... Obviously I have since been warped by fanon!