Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-19-2004, 06:09 AM
Extreme Fan

In Transit to new site

*runs in and drops off new fics*

Acceptable Perimeters: RL/SB, RL/HP -- something short and slightly angsty

Phenomenon of Particular Light : Snarry. A Snape 2nd POV piece.

It Would Rain Here: angst. slightly dark, maybe. Ron/Hermione, Ron/Harry

House -- vote for it.
Old 07-19-2004, 04:23 PM
Master Fan

FawkesRises - I love your writing! It's gorgeous. The Snape one is my favourite, and there are a lot of beautiful lines in there. I especially liked "Everything can be drowned in yellow and gold.", and the couple of sentences after that as well.

Is Acceptable Perimeters finished? I mean, it looks like it could go either way, so I'm just wondering.

fics | vids | stupid little life
Old 07-21-2004, 11:21 AM
Extreme Fan

Thanks so much for the fb For right now Perimeters is finished. I'm trying to work on a Harry/Bill, as well as another Sev/Harry. But I've been wanting to try a Harry/Remus, but it'll be a while.

House -- vote for it.
Old 07-21-2004, 02:29 PM
Master Fan

Ooh, I think Harry/Bill would be great. Bill's so cool.

Ooh, just checked out Cassandra Claire's LJ. DV14 part 2 is due out on the 31st July!

Last edited by Silversun; 07-21-2004 at 05:49 PM
Old 07-22-2004, 11:51 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Silversun
Ooh, I think Harry/Bill would be great. Bill's so cool.

Ooh, just checked out Cassandra Claire's LJ. DV14 part 2 is due out on the 31st July!
I saw that too!
Old 07-29-2004, 02:20 PM
Master Fan

Crossbow - do you think DT is ever going to head into express H/D territory? I thought it was going that way, but then I read something that CC wrote about the blurred boundaries between slash and het, and now I'm not so sure. I don't think she would do something as clear-cut as Harry and Draco finally pairing up together and that being the end of the matter.

Old 07-31-2004, 04:08 PM
Addicted Fan

It sure feels like it is heading towards D/H land. In the very last scene of DV14 (part 1) there was a bit where Draco brushes the straw out of Harry's hair, which seemed totally gratuitous. Also, they're practically the only two characters who HAVEN'T dated yet!

But I also would have liked to see more of the Draco/Ginny thing. It seemed like she had more of that story to tell.

So, Schnoogle is having problems, and the new part isn't up yet. She decided to post it as a separate chapter, so this will be chapter 15. She's submitted it but it could take up until 8/4 for it to be uploaded. Sigh.
Old 07-31-2004, 07:51 PM
Master Fan

No no, it's here, it's here!

DV14 pt 2 or DV15

Old 07-31-2004, 08:39 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah, I kinda lost interest when the D/G stuff faded...what can I say, I'm in the midst of a 'ship obsession!
Old 08-01-2004, 03:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Catalinay
Yeah, I kinda lost interest when the D/G stuff faded...what can I say, I'm in the midst of a 'ship obsession!
In that case, may I recommend Written by CC. I've been making my way through her NC-17 fics and getting more and more impressed as I go along. I've said this before somewhere but I just have to say it again: she is probably the only fanfic writer I've ever read who I think can go pro. Absolutely phenomenal writing.

Old 08-02-2004, 10:43 AM
Addicted Fan

I read DV15 yesterday. I had some nits to pick, but overall I really liked it. I posted a review and then I looked at the other reviews. Oh, my, god, what a bunch of idiots. I think about 90% of the reviews violate the forum rules about not writing int text-speak. And,

spoiler

"Squeeeeeeeee!!!!! Hermione's dead????? OMG!!!!!!!!!! Plz say its not tru!!!!!! I <3 U 4-eva!!!!!!!"

Good god, people. Get a grip. Gah. And of COURSE Hermione's not dead. Rhysenn practically SAID so. Besides, one if the pictures - one of the few were the link works - shows Hermione GIVING the epicyclical charm to Rhysenn. They planned the whole thing together.

Anyway, I was right about one thing: Cassie definitely isn't done with the Draco/Ginny story. They may not end up together (or then again they might), but she definitely has more to say about it. Still, the Draco/Harry relationship is the most interesting one, even if it's platonic.
Old 08-02-2004, 02:25 PM
Master Fan

DV15
Quote:
Originally posted by Crossbow
Besides, one if the pictures - one of the few were the link works - shows Hermione GIVING the epicyclical charm to Rhysenn.
Hmm. I didn't see that. But of course she's not dead - that was possibly the most obvious un-death in the series. Still, interested in what the two talked about and how Hermione trusted Rhysenn to handle the charm. Also - someone said on one of the mailing lists that Lucius commented that the charm was lighter than he remembered - could Hermione have transfigured something instead?

Quote:
Anyway, I was right about one thing: Cassie definitely isn't done with the Draco/Ginny story. They may not end up together (or then again they might), but she definitely has more to say about it.
Ginny in Passionate Trousers! That was brilliant. And notice how Tristan and Sebastian at this point of the story are gay?

End notes: "Draco says I love you to someone and means it" - god, I hope it's Harry and not Ginny. BUT, I do recall in DV14 that they were talking about Ginny, and then two seconds later Harry asks, "So, do you love her?" and Draco replies "Who?", so that's reassuring.

Voldemort has teamed up with Tom - an interesting development. Why does Tom keep calling Ginny Genevra?

Pity Gabriel died. I was kind of interested in him.
End spoilers

Old 08-02-2004, 07:24 PM
Obsessed Fan

Nicky - thanks for the link! Also, according to JKR's website, Ginny's real name is Ginevra (rather than Virginia), so that might be why Tom calls her that....
Old 08-03-2004, 09:56 AM
Addicted Fan

I think that Tom was calling her "Virginia" before JKR announced that her real name is "Ginerva."

SS - Yes, that really was the least convincing death so far. I also thought that it wasn't even SUPPOSED to be convinving. The way Hermmione was smiling when she left with Rhysenn, and the way Rhysenn was trying to tell Ron something, I am sure Cassie meant for us to know that Hermione's alive. I can't believe anyone didn't get that.

Hm, good idea about the epicyclical charm. Now that you mention it, it's hard to believe Hermione would hand the real one over to Lucius.

Not only are Tristan and Sebastian gay in the "Trousers" series, there had that gay thing with Godric's and Salazar's sons, who I think were also supposed to correspond to Harry and Draco. However, she could be just throwing those at us to appease the D/H shippers while she really plans to end with another pairing. Sneeeaky.

I wonder if Tom and Voldemort are really working together. I bet they are both planning to double-cross each other.
Old 08-03-2004, 06:43 PM
Master Fan

Ah, I get it now. I thought he was making some obscure reference there. Ginerva - what an interesting name. Although, perhaps not so much so in the wizarding world. We had Minerva, after all. But Minerva is a goddess... unless Ginerva is one too and I'm just too dumb to know it?

Crossbow - Feel free to call me Nicky.

DV15

Quote:
I can't believe anyone didn't get that.
I've long given up on the idea that the general intelligence level of your average fanfic reader could be, or is, more than 12 years old. Harsh, I know, but I really haven't seen any evidence to the contrary. No matter what the fandom.

Quote:
However, she could be just throwing those at us to appease the D/H shippers while she really plans to end with another pairing. Sneeeaky.
NOOOO!!! They will mean nothing if the real H/D don't get together!

Tom and Voldemort are so double-crossing each other. It's such a fascinating situation, to see the two of them having different agendas despite being, essentially, the same person. Think of the possibilities that might arise! I reckon Voldemort will win over Tom in the end, though.