Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-18-2006, 07:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Dittoing what Anji said...we understand that there are a lot of Sara fans...you don't go through the amount of threads she does if you don't...but this thread isn't here to start arguements...it's for us who don't think highly of her to come and vent...and not be worried to do so....so if you don't agree with us then kindly show your support of the character in her appreciation thread.

Thanks.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 04-18-2006, 07:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

Didn't mean to offend anybody. So Y'all have fun. If we all were alike there'd be no reason for a discussion.

Bye y'all see ya around
Old 04-18-2006, 07:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

You didn't offend anyone, Sarah.

Last edited by goodbreakingbad; 04-20-2006 at 11:12 PM
Old 04-18-2006, 08:08 PM
New Fan

Ok bare with me...this is going to be a little long !

You guy's have all made valid point's that Sara is still a very flawed individual, and tends to think with her heart a lot more than her head, but I still can't shake the fact that despite all the red flags Michael has up with the emotional baggage to boot (the low-latent inhibition whatever the hell you call it), she would let herself get sucked in so deeply, so quickly. It's one thing to show some compassion towards the man, and try to pull some strings to help save his brother and whatnot, but to kiss the man in the bloody prison were she could so easily get caught (and would have hell to pay for it), after not too long ago saying their relationship will no longer have any favors whatsoever and it would be doctor/patinet, is ridiculous! And please don't get me started on the whole"you'll never see anything happen between me and a inmate" bull.

I know I'm ranting, but the goo-goo eyes, hand caressing, acting like a scorned girlfriend when she found out he was married, becuase god-forbid a man in a prison isn't going to flirt with a beautiful doctor who is one of the very few women in the joint; secretly visiting shrinks outside of work....it's too much now. At first I didn't mind the little mistakes here and there because the relationship still made sense, and had a quiet, yet intense chemistry especially in the ep's before the riots. And not to mention that both SWC and WM are top notch actors, but now this ship is starting to irritate me and it's mostly due to Dr. Not going to get down and dirty with the inmates..oh wait, maybe this one time..Tancredi!
Old 04-18-2006, 08:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gssilver22
Ok bare with me...this is going to be a little long !

You guy's have all made valid point's that Sara is still a very flawed individual, and tends to think with her heart a lot more than her head, but I still can't shake the fact that despite all the red flags Michael has up with the emotional baggage to boot (the low-latent inhibition whatever the hell you call it), she would let herself get sucked in so deeply, so quickly. It's one thing to show some compassion towards the man, and try to pull some strings to help save his brother and whatnot, but to kiss the man in the bloody prison were she could so easily get caught (and would have hell to pay for it), after not too long ago saying their relationship will no longer have any favors whatsoever and it would be doctor/patinet, is ridiculous! And please don't get me started on the whole"you'll never see anything happen between me and a inmate" bull.

I know I'm ranting, but the goo-goo eyes, hand caressing, acting like a scorned girlfriend when she found out he was married, becuase god-forbid a man in a prison isn't going to flirt with a beautiful doctor who is one of the very few women in the joint; secretly visiting shrinks outside of work....list goes on and on. At first I didn't mind the little mistakes here and there because the relationship still made sense, and had a quiet, yet intense chemistry especially in the ep's before the riots. And not to mention the both SWC and WM are top notch actors, but now this ship is irritating me and it's mostly due to Dr. Not going to get down and dirty with the inmates..oh wait, maybe this one time..Tancredi!
I totally agree with you about the kissing! I mean, right there, that is so unprofessional, and she/they could get caught. And it's way too soon, I think.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:22 PM
New Fan

Yup, not only is it too soon, it's just wrong to do it period, given the circumstances right now.
I don't like the fact that I'm starting to turn on her, because I really did like her in the beginning, and SWC is the greatest, but lately..I don't know, I just don't like it. And yet, in a weird way I'm still a Michael/Sara shipper! I just hope Sara gets back on track in Season 2 or whenever and then I can go back to lurking again peacfully around
Old 04-18-2006, 08:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I think we feel exactly the same way. I am still a Savior (their shipper name) as well (they have always been the only thing and my fave thing about the show), but in the beginning I had such respect for Sara, but now I don't. She needs to smarten up and stop giving in in the situtation....sometimes we have to do things we don't want to do, but that's life, you know?
Old 04-18-2006, 08:52 PM
Loyal Fan

Before I start I have to say that I'm a big Sara fan - was from the start and still am currently, now that that's out of the way..

In the entire scheme, Doc Tancredi is a pawn - not even that though because Michael needed access to the infirmary, he didn't need anything of Sara. She was never meant to have any real impact on the escape, she was never meant to have any real impact on Michael, but she did. You can say that her love of Michael is blinding, that her judgement is lapsed but then we would have to accuse Michael of the same. They are both falling for each other and though Michael may not be making mistakes, being overly curious, touchy-feely, whatever - the feelings harboured by both will have an impact on the escape. Oh and the kiss .. it looks like Michael initiated it - it's not Sara's fault. I do believe she would have kept her self-control at bay ..

And now I'm off to the Sara Appreciation Thread. Peace and happy discussing.
Old 04-18-2006, 10:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Guys, please remember, if you are a fan, don't come in here defending her.

I think the last ep was good, with just her in that one scene......not as bad as late. Though, next wk.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Anji- I totally agree with you on that. I just don't like the way they are writing her character and yes the worst is how hypocritical she is. I'm not really looking forward to next week though for the obvious reasons. I am sure there are ways for her to show her concern yet remain professional.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven85
I am sure there are ways for her to show her concern yet remain professional.
That's exactly it. In the beginning she was doing that. But now since she's been giving in more, it's just not the same.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

She is giving in way to easily now. I just wish she would stick with her original decision and maintained their doctor/patient relationship. I mean I can see some of what she does as not to horrible and not totally crossing the line but the next episode is just well not professional.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I think what goes down next week is just wrong in the circumstance they are in, on so many levels. I don't get how I am supposed to admire her after that.......but I still hope there's a part of me that can, given what might happen in the remaining 3 eps.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

I know the last 3 episodes of the season. Well I believe that Sara can be redeemed in a small way depending on her reaction afterwards but only a little bit because yes it is totally wrong in the circumstance they are in. First of all the reason it happened, the fact that he is an inmate. Those are just to start and then the fact that she didn't stop it even if Michael did initiate it should could have stopped it.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I agree, there's so many reasons how what she does makes her look bad, And I heard something else.........but I will wait, but it goes to show, I think Sara suspected something more would be happening in that room, which makes me not like her even more.