Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2016, 11:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Exactly. She needs to find her place with them. She can't expect to come in and mean something to them. Sam doesn't even remember her and over the years I'm sure Dean has put her on this pedestal and made her into something she can't possibly live up to. I don't want either of them to be disappointed or hurt, and I don't want her to take advantage of them either.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Tennessee Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 08:00 PM
Elite Fan

I'm sure sure they put her on a high pedestal. Sam's lived off of Dean's memories & his are spotty. Should be interesting.
Old 10-12-2016, 09:09 PM
Master Fan

It looks as if she is fitting in, can't wait to see.
Old 10-12-2016, 11:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennessee Whiskey (View Post)
Exactly. She needs to find her place with them. She can't expect to come in and mean something to them. Sam doesn't even remember her and over the years I'm sure Dean has put her on this pedestal and made her into something she can't possibly live up to. I don't want either of them to be disappointed or hurt, and I don't want her to take advantage of them either.
Exactly, they don't know her either. They all need to get to know each other. I don't want them getting hurt either. I want them to get along, I want the boys happy.
Old 10-13-2016, 01:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikhands1 (View Post)
I'm sure sure they put her on a high pedestal. Sam's lived off of Dean's memories & his are spotty. Should be interesting.
Sam's are non existent, and he's told Dean that. ...and from what he has seen of his mom, I don't think she impressed him very much. The 'heaven' moment, it was Dean that impressed him. And he knows she made a deal with the YED. I think out of the two of them Sam will be the one to proceed with caution and Dean will be the one to jump right in, let his guard down.

From the latest CW preview (actual spoiler)

Spoiler:
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 10-13-2016, 05:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree to Sam she's a total stranger so he'll probably be more apprehensive than Dean.

Oh, now I actually feel sorry for her, that's going to be interesting.
Old 10-13-2016, 07:38 PM
Elite Fan

Mary catching up on 30 yrs, I'm sure it's overwhelming. But she's a fighter I enjoyed her scenes tonight
Old 10-14-2016, 12:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Her scenes looking at the kids playing with phones/tablets was funny. It's like we get to see the world as new again because Mary is new to everything.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
break the window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 10:56 AM
Dedicated Fan

I really like how they did that..I was glad to see that they didn't just have her jump right into action and be able to function through 30 years worth of change.

Jen
BlackSparkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 01:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

I found it interesting that she killed a human. Very rarely do the boys cross that line, but Mary was like boom dead. Yes she was protecting Dean, but still you'd think she would have tried something else first.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 10-15-2016, 06:31 AM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah, I see what you're saying...I kinda think it falls in that line of I just got you back I'm not losing you again thing.

Jen
BlackSparkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 05:27 PM
New Fan

Mommie Dearest- Thoughts on the Return of Mary Winchester

]I've been a loyal follower of Supernatural since the first season. I've enjoyed some seasons more than others, and I while I have been annoyed occasionally in the past, I've never felt the need to actually voice an opinion. In spite of the fact that the show has gone on for so long, I've always thought the writing was still good and there were still stories to tell. That said, there is a reason Seal Team 6 didn't pack up their Mommies in the back of the black hawk when they went to take down Bin Laden. It would have been weird. There is nothing less sexy than two men in their thirties driving around angsting with their mother. It's lazy writing which is frustrating because that is a curse from which supernatural has never suffered. If the writers are out of ideas and feel the need to resurrect dead characters, there are several less cringe inducing options - Bobby, Ellen if they want a maternal figure, even Adam would at least make more sense being that they ditched him in hell without looking back- but Mary Winchester and Dean giving each other doe eyes... is she in her 60's or is she the 30 something year old carpool companion that they call 'mom'?? There was a new show featuring a bunch of hot, emotionally baggaged brothers on I believe USA this summer - Animal Kingdom. The brothers were great to look at and interesting to watch - throwing in the mother made it a freak show. Best to just say we have mother issues, but we are getting through it because we are big boys, and call it a day. I find it hard to imagine there are many fans who have hung on since season 1 who find this scenario appealing, but the problem now, is that its already happened. Even killing her off cannot erase the memory that she actually walked out of a field in her nightgown and hopped in the Impala....like Dean's date....I don't even know if pulling a Bobby Ewing and pretending it was all a horrible oedipal dream could fix it. If Adam showing up was jumping the shark, Mary Winchester hunting with Sam and Dean is Sharknado 4: The 4th Awakens. Thank you for listening. I will now delete Season 12 episode 1 from my DVR and move on with my life. Perhaps I will Netflix Season 1 and try to forget this ever happened.
lunamuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 07:58 PM
Master Fan

It didn't bother me that Mary killed that chick, mama bear in action. I loved her and Dean first moment.
Old 10-15-2016, 08:07 PM
Elite Fan

Maybe Mamma instinct Bee. As well as some buried hunter instinct
Old 10-15-2016, 11:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbal Warning (View Post)
It didn't bother me that Mary killed that chick, mama bear in action. I loved her and Dean first moment.
Oh it didn't bother me that she did, hopefully she does the same to the one that still has Sam...I just found it interesting that she did, was it mama bear-ness kicking in or was this something her and her father were okay with?
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Reply   Post New Thread