Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2008, 09:48 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
According to the blog she must have been about 9ish...
Which to me did seem like a good age to start, and also going by your example too
I don't remember it very clearly but she might have mentioned something about someone teaching her to shoot.
Would you look at that! Now I have a good excuse to re-read them.
I really have to read that blog, i dindt know that it said very informations about Jo.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:03 PM
Master Fan

It is quite an interesting read. It's rather resourceful, not only about Jo but about the roadhouse and other hunters too, and the hunting world in general.

It's not by no means a literary miracle, but if you like the show you'll enjoy it I believe.

Last edited by Folie; 06-11-2008 at 06:23 AM
Old 06-10-2008, 09:45 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
According to the blog she must have been about 9ish...
Which to me did seem like a good age to start, and also going by your example too
I don't remember it very clearly but she might have mentioned something about someone teaching her to shoot also.
Would you look at that! Now I have a good excuse to re-read them.
9 is about the age where everyone in my family learned to use a gun, so that seems about right for the Harvelles. Granted, we're not quite as country as they are, but I figure the similiarities are still there.

I really need to get around to reading that blog, it sounds really interesting.

Captain Ewevs: "You!? But we killed you!"
Boba Fett: "Yes, you killed me. And that made me very, very angry."
Old 06-11-2008, 07:18 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I really need to get around to reading that blog, it sounds really interesting.
Yes, me too.
Maybe tomorrow i will read it.
Old 06-11-2008, 03:37 PM
Master Fan

Is it on the CW's website?

Old 06-11-2008, 03:52 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Is it on the CW's website?
I think is in wikipedia.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre silva (View Post)
I think is in wikipedia.
Yup! You can find them on wikipedia (and it's very nicely organized too because they have the segments that were taken down also)

Just go to the intro post of the Jo thread. In the section "about Jo" I have a link that takes you straight to the blog entries on wikipedia

Last edited by Folie; 06-12-2008 at 06:44 AM
Old 06-11-2008, 09:43 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the information and the link.

Old 06-12-2008, 01:41 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomsBullets (View Post)
Thanks for the information and the link.
Don't mention it

You know how Alona always talks about not really being given the oportunity to explore Jo more, I really wondwer if she does have any regrets about not also getting the chance to explore the mother-daughter dynamic more.

I'm trying to see how her comment about believing that Jo is looking for her mum at this time could reflect on that. Any thoughts?
Old 06-13-2008, 12:59 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I'm trying to see how her comment about believing that Jo is looking for her mum at this time could reflect on that. Any thoughts?
I think she´s worried about Ellen.

Her Eyes Are Shaking Him Heart Boom Boom Boom Boom
Old 06-13-2008, 06:24 PM
Master Fan

I get that it shows that Alona believes "Jo" is worried about Ellen.
I'm just thinking that maybe it also reflects on Alona believing that the mother-daughter dymanic also wasn't exlpored in it's full potential. I mean, it obviously wasn't, I would just like to know how disappointed she was about that fact. I mean mostly she talks about Jo, as Jo. Totally respectable and understandable and I love to hear her talk about it! I would just like to hear her thoughts on other Jo dynamics and especially the one with between Ellen and Jo.
Old 06-14-2008, 05:02 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I mean mostly she talks about Jo, as Jo. Totally respectable and understandable and I love to hear her talk about it! I would just like to hear her thoughts on other Jo dynamics and especially the one with between Ellen and Jo.
That´s true!
She never talk about Dean and Jo or Ellen and Jo.
Its sad because i would really like to know what she thinks about that dynamics.
Old 06-14-2008, 08:16 AM
Master Fan

As much as I would love to hear her thoughts on DeanJo, I get her not talking more about it. It must be a bit of a sore spot, considering it was the main reason there was so much hartred towards the character.

But I do think that the Ellen-Jo angle is more "safe" for her to talk about, and, at least to me, just as interesting, considering I love the Harvelle women as characters of their own right.
Old 06-14-2008, 11:55 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
As much as I would love to hear her thoughts on DeanJo, I get her not talking more about it. It must be a bit of a sore spot, considering it was the main reason there was so much hartred towards the character.

But I do think that the Ellen-Jo angle is more "safe" for her to talk about, and, at least to me, just as interesting, considering I love the Harvelle women as characters of their own right.
I think she have her thoughs about Dean/Jo and In spite of everything against the idea, I think she´s free to tell her opinion about the topic.

And I know is more safe to her talk about Jo and Ellen because there aren´t any problems with their dynamic but she was brought to the show because of Dean, so She could and Should talk about Dean/Jo.
Old 06-14-2008, 07:48 PM
Master Fan

I'm sure she has her thoughts on the matter and she is entitled to them and should voice them if she gets a chance and wants too.
I wasn't at all refering to her [SARCASM]"respecting"[/SARCASM] the Anti-Jo and Anti-DeanJo fans.
I was just saying that since it was partly why she was kicked out of the show she might not feel comfortable talking about it for herself first, foremost and only! Like it might be a sore subject for her, not the fans...
Closed Thread   Post New Thread