Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-11-2006, 11:19 AM
Elite Fan

so she was about 17 years old. That looks about right. She definitely doesn't look 23 now she could pass as a high school student .

Old 08-11-2006, 11:58 AM
Master Fan

she really could.. she's aging really well, then!!
Old 08-12-2006, 07:50 PM
Elite Fan

She looks really young. I met my uncle's girlfriend's mom last week and she told me I looked like I'm 15

Old 08-13-2006, 12:44 AM
Master Fan

aww.. compliment!! kind of..

i was carding people tonight that were almost 30!! hahaha..
Old 08-13-2006, 01:21 AM
Elite Fan

haha yeah it kind of sucks to look young now but I guess I'll like it when I'm older

Old 08-13-2006, 01:24 AM
Master Fan

it's flattering..

if i didn't know who laura was if i saw her in person and i was making her drink.. i'd card her..
Old 08-18-2006, 03:08 AM
Passionate Fan

Trailer for the as yet unreleased The Favor which Laura is in. Just scroll down a little. Laura is in the very start of the trailer and plays the teenage version of a character who I assume dies. So probably a rather small part.

CineVegas Film Festival
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Old 08-18-2006, 06:19 AM
Elite Fan

I wish I had internet at home so I could watch that! Darn Comcast!

Old 08-18-2006, 07:56 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the heads up, Raja. I'll check that one out later.
Old 08-21-2006, 11:18 PM
Dedicated Fan

An update on "Beautiful Loser"....

While this isn't particularly about Laura's character "Tracy", it is related to her.

While checking my typical array of websites today, I noticed that John Nolte, writer and director of "Beautiful Loser", posted on IMDB.

"...I've started a blog to answer questions and keep fans updated on "Beautiful Loser." We'll have a full film website soon.

Feel free to check it out and participate."

Beautiful Losering

Check it out! They are in the process of creating a fun MySpace page for the character of Reggie (his 17 year old self) and new pictures will be posted! Since the pictures will be of 17 year old Reggie, there might be a few shots of "Tracy" that come up! From what I know, she's in numerous scenes with him! So keep an eye on the blog.

John Nolte seems to be a bit of a "blog hog" right now, so hopefully we'll be seeing a lot of stuff soon!
Old 08-22-2006, 09:00 AM
Master Fan

^^ thank you for that,
Old 08-22-2006, 01:03 PM
Passionate Fan

Seeing snippets of Kevin Federline's rap "performance" at the Kids Choice Awards on the news shows I couldn't help but think of the memorable line spoken by the guy who played Laura's idiot boyfriend. "It's not hip hop. It's hill hop."
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Old 08-22-2006, 01:44 PM
Master Fan

oh Raja.. that's priceless..
Old 08-23-2006, 10:14 AM
Dedicated Fan

From John Nolte's blog...

--------------------------------------------------------
BL Cast News: Laura Breckenridge in "Southern Belles."

Laura plays Tracy Webster in BL, the love of Reggie's life. However, until our film comes out she's best known for her role as Rose Sorelli on the WB show "Related."

But just out on DVD is an indie feature Laura did last year called, "Southern Belles." It's a farcical look at the South. Laura plays one of two sisters, one named Belle, the other Bell, who live in a trailer in small town Georgia and dream of escaping to Atlanta. "Gone With The Wind" fans will really love it.

As someone who lived in the South for ten years (and can't wait to get back), I found the ribbing of Southern stereotypes affectionate, funny, and sometimes too true for comfort. If you enjoy the off-beat humor of "Raising Arizona" or "My Name Is Earl," this is your kind of movie. And the little kid by the pool...? Priceless.

I had a chance to see the film while we were shooting BL. Just by lucky coincidence a lot of "Southern Belles" is shot in a mobile home. Well, Reggie lives in a mobile home and as those shooting days approached I was sweating (my natural on-set condition) as to how to shoot in such a small place and make it interesting. So, Laura lent me a screener but I got so involved in the story I forgot to do my "shot-list" homework and had to watch it again.

So, it was a two-fer: I got to watch a terrific film and get some ideas for BL. Now, you may ask why didn't I just watch "Raising Arizona," or some other well-known film with a slice of "trailer life." Because, unfortunately it wouldn't do me any good to watch a film where they had the budget to remove walls and build individual sets with lots of room for camera movement. "Southern Belles," was low budget and had to make do. Just like we did.

--------------------------------------------------------

Enjoy!
Old 08-23-2006, 10:21 AM
Master Fan

Thanks again for bringing this over!! i personally loved Southern Belles and still have it saved on my DVR.. i watch it every now and then, and I am actually starting to quote it!