Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-20-2006, 12:15 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lit1586
The downloads aren't working for me
They seem to work for me at this moment. As a general rule. Egoshare is flaky and slower. Rapidshare is more stable and faster... BUT it has annoying hourly bandwidth restrictions.
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Old 05-25-2006, 03:28 PM
Passionate Fan

Ordered my tickets to seeing Loving Annabelle in NYC. Tell you how it is. Hope Laura makes an appearance.

Lit you still having trouble with both links? .. I can upload it to a different free service if you are.
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Old 05-26-2006, 07:44 AM
Elite Fan

Finally was able to watch it!! Wow she didn't even seem like Rose. Laura is a pretty awesome actress to be able to get into her characters that well.

Old 06-04-2006, 11:04 PM
Passionate Fan

Got back from seeing Loving Annabelle. Think I might've been the only heterosexual male in the room. But hey. It was a good movie and in a city like New York City you should be open minded enough to see anything interesting that comes your way regardless of whether you identify with the sponsors. (Newfest is a gay and lesbian film festival).

Movie itself was pretty good and centered around the relationship between a rebellious student and a rather tightly wound teacher at an all girl's catholic boarding school. Laura had a smaller role than I expected. Being third billed I kinda expected her to be a sort of third wheel like say Mischa Barton in Lost and Delirious. Course even though the subject matter is similar it is unfair to even compare those two movies since Lost and Delirious was a rather disjointed mess.

Laura Breckenridge of course was there. Why do I say of course when the director said this was Laura's first film festival? When I was on the train and realized I forgot my camera I instantly knew Laura would be there. And lo and behold. There she was.

She sat in the far back row of the theatre and didn't come down for the Q&A. Which I guess made sense since the movie really only focused on the two leads. But was a little bit surprised especially since she sat so far away that she really couldn't answer any questions even if someone did decide to ask her something.

She of course was excellent in the film. Her character was both tragic and comic relief at the same time. She apparently tried to commit suicide by slitting her wrist in the past and wore outfits or wrist bands to hide it. She's weird, shy, and somewhat innocent and except for the title character everyone else picks on her mercilessly. I found her having a pet porcupine in the movie cute as hell. The girl in the pool with "Annabelle" in the trailer was another brunette student and not Laura. Laura's character could be described as being rather Rose like though in a far less supportive environment.

I talked with Laura afterwards. She was really friendly and seemed rather enthusiastic to talk with me which I found surprising. Especially since I rushed out of the house and hadn't shaved since Thursday and looked rather dingy. Told her I enjoyed her tv show and was sorry to see it go. Also asked her what other projects she was pursuing. She mentioned she was just in a play (for a young playwrights festival which unfortunately is over. she should've told me about it earlier ). She also mentioned a movie she filmed during weekends while doing Related should be hitting the film festival circuit shortly. (I assumed Beautiful Loser). After that hectic schedule (making a tv show is pretty grueling by itself) she said she's happy to have a little time off. Overall she seemed really cool and normal.

She also says she plans on going back to Princeton in the Fall. Whether it's something she'll do because she's unable to find meaningful projects (like Larisa Oleynik) or whether it's something akin to Anne Hathaway putting a promising career on hold to attend Vassar I don't know. My guess is unless something really big comes along she'll be back at Prineton and dabble on the side.

Laura herself of course looked pretty and wore a turquoise top and black pants. Looks younger and a lot smaller than she appears on screen.
Old 06-05-2006, 08:21 AM
Elite Fan

Wow that's so awesome! I'm happy that she was so friendly and welcoming. It's sweet that she sat in the back and out of th spot light. I didn't know that she went to Princeton! That's great for her! Whatever she does it seems like she's a smart girl, so i'm sure she'll be successful.

Did she seem disappointed about the cancelation for Related?

Thanks for bringing us all the info

Old 06-05-2006, 09:23 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -CrazyBeautiful-
Did she seem disappointed about the cancelation for Related?
I asked her what she planned on doing next now that she has more "free time" and her face dropped a bit on those words. And her face did light up when I mentioend Related. So I figure yes. Even though she seemed very happy and enthusiastic to talk with me as long as I wanted I tried not to stick around too much out of politeness. Probably why I'd make a really terrible reporter.
Old 06-05-2006, 11:32 AM
Elite Fan

I'd probably just have a quick conversation as well. I wouldn't want to feel like I was holding her up or anything. She seems really sweet though.

Old 06-05-2006, 05:24 PM
Master Fan

wow raja! that's awesome!! you did a lot better than i would have.. i tend to CLAM up when i'm around people that have a reputation that precedes them.. especially if it's a good one..

i'm glad she'll be going back to school.. she's young, she's got oodles of time and talent.. i think she'll go far..

thanks for all the info...
Old 06-07-2006, 12:19 PM
Elite Fan

I probably would have been too nervious to even go up and talk to her.

Old 06-09-2006, 03:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -CrazyBeautiful-
I probably would have been too nervious to even go up and talk to her.
that's probably the same reaction i would have had.. although it's nice to know that she's down to earth and glad to speak with fans.. i love when stars are like that..
Old 06-09-2006, 10:22 PM
Passionate Fan

Well she isn't your normal "star" in the sense that right now she's an unemployed actress on a cancelled WB show that few if anyone has heard of. Thus not inundated with fans. So someone coming up to her and complimenting her is still a pleasant surprise rather than a constant annoyance. She seemed normal because so far her life is normal and she herself actually is normal. One day she might get that huge big role and become too hollywood to hang with pleibs like us but so far that day hasn't come.

Normally I'd be too nervous as well. But it was a rather peculiar venue in that almost the entire audience was lesbian and visibly so. Which of course there is nothing wrong with. In fact the entire point of the festival is to provide a safe and accepting place for them (and gays and transgendered) to showcase their talents and to cater to their interests and needs. While everyone was friendly and I didnt feel uncomfortable, being probably the only heterosexual male in the room did make me feel like a bit of a stranger in someone elses culture. Like say the one non-Armenian at an Armenian wedding. So it made it a bit easier for me to chat with one of the few other people who stood out like a sore thumb.

And as I said she was so friendly and enthusiastic that it really put me at ease.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:34 PM
Master Fan

still an excellent story..

you make good points and she seems like she'd have a welcoming personality like that.. very unintimidating..
Old 06-09-2006, 11:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
She also mentioned a movie she filmed during weekends while doing Related should be hitting the film festival circuit shortly. (I assumed Beautiful Loser).
I think you are right about it being "Beautiful Loser." One of the extras on the movie has a myspace and mentioned filming most of the high school scenes on the weekends.

I believe this was done due to both Adam Lamberg (plays Reggie) and Laura's schedules. Adam is currently enrolled at University of California in Berkeley (finishing up his senior year I believe), and as known Laura was filming "Related." Filming the movie on the weekends would have been more convenient for the both of them.

I've yet to find any more information about the movie. However, there is a sales trailer floating around different production companies according to the film editor, Zack Arnold.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:53 PM
Elite Fan

I'm really excited about Beautiul Loser. Anyone know if that will be in movie theaters? Probably not right? I bet it'll be like 'I'm Reed Fish' and go straight to video.

Old 06-10-2006, 02:55 PM
Master Fan

hey! UC Berkeley is in my neck of the woods..

welcome to the board and thread charlieangel8705! glad to have you here

and thanks for the info..