Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-11-2007, 09:46 AM
Elite Fan

That will be coo. Let us know how it is

Old 10-14-2007, 08:33 AM
Passionate Fan

I saw it. Was a real effort to get there. They had it in a different theatre outside Woodstock. Actually outside the entire county 30 miles away in Hunter, New York. And they didnt even put it on their site. Had to find out which town or county it was located by googling the name of the theatre and finding a movie review which mentioned where it was located. And it was located in the middle of a miles long winding road with no street lights on Hunter Mountain. Of course to make things easier the movie played at 9pm while it was pitch black to get there. But I made it in time and saw it with oh maybe 20 people. And that includes the director and the assorted entourage that came to promote the film and weren't too happy to see such a light turnout.

It was okay but I wouldn't expect a cinematic release. In fact probably will have difficulty even getting a dvd release. Movie was about a struggling screen writer living in New York so you can say it was meant to be a tad auto-biographical.

Despite having third billing Laura's role was minimal and mostly a target of undeseved derision. She played the NYU freshman girlfriend of the main character who is made fun of for dating "jailbait." He very much wants to find a new girlfriend (and even then he never refers to her as his girlfriend) so he can puntkick her and seemed rather bemused in the beginning of the movie when he told the story of how he was able to "trick" her into falling for him.

She had three scenes. In the first we got to see her in her bra and undies (yay!) when they are both in bed. He's about to go for her bra when she asks him to tell her about his screenplay which he moans on incessantly about (boo!). Seems like she gained a little bit of weight (which in her case is a good thing) since I had tougher time counting her ribs than in Southern Belles. In the second scene you see her for about 10 seconds while he walks her dog and she follows along. And in the third scene he dumps her after meeting a new girl in which he basically said someone her age can't understand someone more developped such as himself. She rather rationally is offended swears at him and runs off.

I guess the one good thing is they didn't actually trash her character or make her look immature. She just simply wasn't taken seriously by the twenty-something crowd the movie focused on. I asked the director about it and he said she was based on a nineteen year old girl he knew in college who was never taken seriously because of her age. Laura did a good job with the very little she was given.

Anyway seemed very much like a college film but it was interesting enough. If it ever makes it to dvd might be worth a watch.
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Old 10-14-2007, 09:48 AM
Master Fan

thanks for that Raja..

sounds like an adventure just to find the movie!
Old 10-19-2007, 05:56 PM
Master Fan

I flove her And I loved her in this show!
Old 10-20-2007, 10:22 AM
Elite Fan

I liked Rose because of Joel for the most part. I'm not sure how I'd feel about her without Joel around

Old 11-07-2007, 12:48 AM
Passionate Fan

Judging by the first picture in this "sneak preview" of her movie Amusement Laura is all "torn up" over the board closing.

SDCC 07: Insanely Gory and Creepy Pics From 'Amusement' - BLOODY-DISGUSTING.COM
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Old 11-07-2007, 03:33 PM
Elite Fan

good one raja. looks like it's gonna be a creepy movie

Old 11-07-2007, 06:58 PM
Loyal Fan

Ah Ew!
Old 11-07-2007, 07:42 PM
Master Fan

my husband absolutely loves that website!! he checks it all the time!!